Who's the most famous person you ever met (or saw) on a Carnival cruise?

skay

Famos Amos - the cookie guy. Although it wasn't stated that he was on there to try and push some new clothing line (I'm thinking I remember something like bright colored with watermellon wedge print or some tropical fruit), the CD asked a few times at various activities if anyone ran into him & noticed the clothing Amos was wearing...and that he designed it himself. Maybe a working vac for Amos.

We went on a cruise not knowing it was the all-star cruise with several sports players from many different teams. Our hometown team has 2 really popular players on the cruise -- (this was like 15 years ago tho) such as Anthony Munoz and Tim Krumrie, and there was a huge basketball star (my son had his picture taken with him). Sorry, I don't know names because I"m not much of a sports fan. Quite a surprise tho.

There have been other threads on this before, here's one

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=631287&highlight=famous+people+celebrities

here's another

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=600728&highlight=famous+people+celebrities

and another

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=160696

I don't know about more recent sightings, some of these are old, but it will give you an idea.:)

Oh wait, here's a more recent thread, found this on page 2

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=734674

Edited by bubbles1209

he is on my Liberty cruise in April...this should be fun:eek:

Haha well in all fairness to him this was years ago, I would say probably 1996, so maybe he doesn't drink anymore.

He spent most of his time in his cabin, we didn't see him much on the ship. It seems like he did the stuff for the group and then that was it. My brother saw him in the bars at all the ports we went to.

i went deep sea fishing a while back and junior samples from hee haw was on the boat. does that count?

p.s. that boy was truely dumb as a hammer.

A while back? It must have been a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile back.

Alvin "Junior Samples" Samples died in 1983.

Was it a look a like?

We were on the Valor in 2007. My son and I got to our room that first afternoon and found the beds together. He might be a Mr. and I might be a Mrs. but we sure aren't a Mr. and Mrs. So he went to find the cabin steward to separate the beds. When he came back he said he couldn't find the the cabin steward but he found someone else. In the door walked Richard Simmons. He gave me a hug and asked me if I knew how to ice down a butt since he had fallen a few days before the cruise and was still in pain.

We also saw him again when leaving. He was standing outside his cabin on the same deck as we were on. He was there on one of his "Cruise to Lose". Other than that we didn't see him during the cruise.

Richard Simmons, it was a "cruise to lose" He drank a lot.

I saw him too on the Elation in 2001, it was also a cruise to lose! When in Mazatlan (sp?) my friends and I were in a Jewlery shop and he came in, walked up to me and started chatting. Then he grabbed my half drank water and said "I'm so thirsty" and drank it! It was a hoot! :p

He was on our Southern cruise several years ago. In a perfume shop in Martinique, the line never seemed to move, and he and I that the clerk was always waiting on the locals first. So we stood in front of the counter and directed the incoming locals to the end of the line. I guess they felt that was beneath them, because instead of getting in line they would just leave. lol

Guest Crazeecat5

On our first cruise in 1997, we saw an up and coming basketball player named Antonio McDyce. I didn't know who he was but my young sons did. They were too embarassed to go talk to him so they sent my husband, with them in tow. He gave each of them an autograph.

In 2001, my sister and I went on our first cruise to Key West and Cozumel. While in Key West, we went on a catamaran and snorkeling excursion. While sunbathing and drinking, we sat next to a man, his brother, his wife and 2 kids. We talked to them for quite awhile and took several pictures. All of them were very nice and down to earth.

Next day someone commented on how cool was it that Rusty Wallace and his brother Kenny were on our excursion. Now I am not a Nascar fan but my sister is. We both asked which one was Rusty. They go you know the man you talked to for hours? Yes! That's him. :eek: So I have pics of Rusty in his bathing suit. lol

I was just wondering, given the number of experienced cruisers here, who was the most famous person you ever met -- or saw -- on a Carnival cruise?

This did not happen on a carnival cruise but on a Disney cruise a good friend of mine went on.

Last year on his first Disney cruise he saw Mickey Mouse. As famous people go it does not get any better than MM.