Balcony Questions

bowen9475

We are considering booking a balcony cabin on the Miracle. How much, if any, shade do you get on the balcony? My husband would love to sit out and read but does not like sitting in full sun. Also, what is the difference between a regular and extended balcony? Thank you!

You might want to opt for a hull balcony .... more shade
No cove balconies on Miracle.

As the other poster said, it depends on the position of the ship. I have almost always had plenty of shade on my balcony. Don't book an aft facing balcony if you want shade. It's almost always full sun.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

As the other poster said, it depends on the position of the ship. I have almost always had plenty of shade on my balcony. Don't book an aft facing balcony if you want shade. It's almost always full sun.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

We've never been on the Miracle ... but we do LOVE the cove balconies!

We are considering booking a balcony cabin on the Miracle. How much, if any, shade do you get on the balcony? My husband would love to sit out and read but does not like sitting in full sun. Also, what is the difference between a regular and extended balcony? Thank you!

It depends on the time of the day, location of the balcony (cove, etc.), which side of the boat (ship) it is on, and which way the boat is going.

Exactly.

Regarding the differences between regular and extended balconies, the extended balconies are deeper but the view straight down is of the tops of the lifeboats. I prefer the regular balconies because one of my favorite things is to rest my arms on the railing, rest my chin on my arms, and stare down at the ocean below. I can stand like that for an hour. It's so calming.

Miracle is still my favorite after 27 cruises on 18 different ships.

(y)

Also - most balconies on the sides of the ship are covered so unless the sun is low (early in the day or later in the afternoon depending on what direction the ship is going) you have at least partial shade if not full shade.