Questions re the Allegrissimo package

ebony.1

We are thinking of purchasing the 'Allegrissimo' drinks package ( not the Premium) for our Divina cruise. I have read most of the recent threads regarding this, but a couple of questions please.

When it says hot drinks are included, is this just the regular sort in the Buffett areas or does it cover the fancy coffees ?

How about fruit juices from the bar or restaurants is that included ?

I take it that what is included for the children, the adults are allowed as well.

Thanks

Hi, I were on the Lirica in February and we get the Allegrissimo package who is 24 hours non-limitated beverages and in this one you got wine, beer, drinks, all fruit juices, ice cream, non-alcoholic beverages (coca-cola, sprite, etc.)

I didn't take coffee or tea except from free station or at the breakfast so I'm not sure if they are all included but if I remember well you have some basic coffee included (expresso, cappucino, etc.)

Sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's not my first language.

Hi, I were on the Lirica in February and we get the Allegrissimo package who is 24 hours non-limitated beverages and in this one you got wine, beer, drinks, all fruit juices, ice cream, non-alcoholic beverages (coca-cola, sprite, etc.)

I didn't take coffee or tea except from free station or at the breakfast so I'm not sure if they are all included but if I remember well you have some basic coffee included (expresso, cappucino, etc.)

Thankyou for your quick response.

Your English is more than understandable, so no need at all to apologise.

I would not be able to write what you have in another language.

Jan

Most teas and coffees are included, the exception are the liquer coffees. Espresso, lattes, cappuccinos are definitely included as is fresh squeezed juices. Basically anything on the bar menu that doesn't have a red asterik is included.

Your English is great....I studied French for 3 years and can hardly write anything in French 20 years later!

How does this plan work? Do you have a card that you can show at dinner? Can you drink wine at bars with this package also?

Thanks so much.

We have just cruised with MSC Splendida and had the Allegrissimo package.

As someone mentioned above you can drink everything from the Bar List (draft beer, juices, softdrinks, cocktails, coffee, cappucino, espresso, water...) that hasn't got a red *. Drinks with a red * would for example be premium spirit brands and a few cocktails as well as coffee specialities with liquor (what you could do though, is order the coffee and the liquor seperately and than mix it yourself :)). You can also get bottled water.

The choice of wine is limited, you can choose between 2 red, 2 white and 1 rose wine and I think 2 sparkling wines. Probably not the very best but we found them to be ok for the price we paid for the package.

With the Allegrissimo premium package you would be able to order the *marked drinks, and had a larger selection of wine, but the price is almost twice as high (42 € All. premium in comparison to 23 € All.).

You can order the drinks everywhere on the ship (restaurants, bars, buffet...), all you have to do is show your card and sign the 0.00 bill.

We are thinking of purchasing the 'Allegrissimo' drinks package ( not the Premium) for our Divina cruise. I have read most of the recent threads regarding this, but a couple of questions please.

When it says hot drinks are included, is this just the regular sort in the Buffett areas or does it cover the fancy coffees ?

I take it that what is included for the children, the adults are allowed as well.

Thanks

You can have any drink from this list provided it is not marked with a RED asterisk or the whole section is not marked by a RED asterisk eg champagne cocktails; in addition you can have tubs or cornets of ice cream but not the fancy banana splits etc

The wine by the glass is a choice of 2 reds, 2 whites and 1 rose + wine by the flute from a choice of two sparkilng wines

Link to a slide show of the drinks list ( on Divina in Oct 2012)

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1CDC327C72A4C6D9&id=1CDC327C72A4C6D9%211189

Pete

Your English is great....I studied French for 3 years and can hardly write anything in French 20 years later!

How does this plan work? Do you have a card that you can show at dinner? Can you drink wine at bars with this package also?

Thanks so much.

When you'll buy the plan, they will change your card and then you will have the name of the plan print on it. You will have to show your card everytime you order something and at the dinner too for the first evening (after that our server remembered what we had and didn't request the card until the end of the dinner to do the bill at 0.00$). You can also drink wine at bars. As some other members here said, everything without a red asterix is included in this plan.

What more is to say.

If you like wine, does not depend whether one or two bottle at dinner,

or like to have a cocktail in the lounge, a martini before lunch, allways fresh capucchino at all bars around the clock,...and lots of softdrink during a Day on sea (you drink more than you think)

the Allegrissimo Package is absolutly best choise.

Only if you a a pssionated whiskey drinker, or you need two btl of champagne daily, or lots of different wines...only then you choose the Premium.

If two/three bottles of water are enough for your cruise-day, no package makes sense.

Have fun. Divina is a great ship, and again, greetings to IGOR at the garden Bar (16).

If you have any questions for your Divina med cruise/ports/shops/places/not miss/what to do/, do not hestitate to ask.

What do sodas and draft beer cost if purchased? I'm trying to calculate if the drink programs make sense.

Don't just think of it for soda and draft beers.

Think about water for excursions. Desent coffees from the bars (not the rubbish free stuff) or juice for breakfast. And the ice cream, and more ice cream, and even more ice cream.

Book in advance and you, in effect, save 15% on every drink to begin with.

In my opinion the drinks package is an absolutle no-brainer, even for light alcohol drinkers!

papcx .... It is easy to rack up the 23 Euro a day charge for the Allegrissimo and not just on alcohol as i am sure you will agree, we thought it was one of the best things we have done on any cruise by buying the package as we have done for June and November this year.

We are by no means heavy drinkers but with the coffees, water and Ice cream thrown in it sure makes it worthwhile, it is also good to not have to worry about a bar bill come the end of the cruise .... :D

papcx .... It is easy to rack up the 23 Euro a day charge for the Allegrissimo and not just on alcohol as i am sure you will agree, we thought it was one of the best things we have done on any cruise by buying the package as we have done for June and November this year.

We are by no means heavy drinkers but with the coffees, water and Ice cream thrown in it sure makes it worthwhile, it is also good to not have to worry about a bar bill come the end of the cruise .... :D

Agreed!

Signing those slips with 0.00 in the bottom right corner made whatever you were drinking taste great.

We've got for the std package this time and we pay for it with our onboard account, so it also helps towards MSC club points!

Agreed!!

Yes. With lots of your answers.

The main fact is: Everybody has to calculate before! To each personal needs and wishes.

Signing those slips with 0.00 in the bottom right corner made whatever you were drinking taste great.

Well, that is really funny. See the strict views off the next table after the 2nd Martini.:):D

We are by no means heavy drinkers but with the coffees, water and Ice cream thrown in it sure makes it worthwhile, it is also good to not have to worry about a bar bill come the end of the cruise ....

...the cappuchinos, the martinis, apéritifs, Ginger-Ale, wine for dinner with bottle of water, one or two cocktails in a nice round with friends....

Think about water for excursions. Desent coffees from the bars (not the rubbish free stuff) or juice for breakfast. And the ice cream, and more ice cream, and even more ice cream.

You get it, others pay or don´t take it. I agree totally.

But: calculate! For Water/Softdrinks or Frieds of Beer are also packages as for champagne-lovers.

And: i love this phrase saying "rubbish free stuff". I have to translate it to a german forum..:):D

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry if these questions seem very basic but we will be on the Preziosa in July for our first ever cruise. We have extensive ports of call, only one day at sea. We are not all big drinkers in our party, actually some of us are not drinkers at all. From what I've read, everyone in the dining party must purchase the same package? Not just everyone in one room?

If I choose to pre buy packs of beer and bottles of wine, what options are free for children and coffee drinkers? Is coffee included at breakfast and dinner? Is there a place to get it during the day for free?

How about ice cream, is there a place to get it free? Is there free ice cream and premium ice cream which is included in the package. I know my three year old daughter will want ice cream once she sees others with it, but I can't justify paying for a package for her as she will only drink water.

There is free coffee available 24 hours a day at the buffet area. Coffee is served free at breakfast, as is juice regardless of whether you go to the buffet or MDR. They don't usually serve coffee at dinner on Med cruises. You'd need to either got to a bar or coffee shop and pay for it, or go up to the buffet and have it for free. Note that the coffee you pay for is not the same as the free stuff, it is much superior.

Ice cream is free at lunch and dinner in MDR. It costs extra at the gelato bar by the pool. The free soft serve stuff is usually only on US sailings. Don't think itnwould go down to well with Italians...they like the real ice cream!

• 3 months later...

Thanks

I'm sorry if these questions seem very basic but we will be on the Preziosa in July for our first ever cruise. We have extensive ports of call, only one day at sea. We are not all big drinkers in our party, actually some of us are not drinkers at all. From what I've read, everyone in the dining party must purchase the same package? Not just everyone in one room?

If I choose to pre buy packs of beer and bottles of wine, what options are free for children and coffee drinkers? Is coffee included at breakfast and dinner? Is there a place to get it during the day for free?

How about ice cream, is there a place to get it free? Is there free ice cream and premium ice cream which is included in the package. I know my three year old daughter will want ice cream once she sees others with it, but I can't justify paying for a package for her as she will only drink water.

I am travelling on Poesia in October 2013 and thinking of getting Allegrissimo Package,does anyone know when I have to pay for it ....many thanks

Thanks

Good morning Ebony,

The classic allegrissimo package includes the following hot drinks: espresso, cappucino, caffelatte, hot chocolate, regular and decaffeinated coffees (excludes special coffees and spirit coffees). Fruit juices include orange, pineapple, grapefruit, green apple and cranberry. Juice PAGO in bottles is available as well. Spremuta (freshly squeezed orange juice) is available upon request also.

Regards,

Happy sailings!

I am travelling on Poesia in October 2013 and thinking of getting Allegrissimo Package,does anyone know when I have to pay for it ....many thanks

Hello Shuttle142,

If you book the package online, it will be billed to your onboard account during your cruise. You can contact your travel agency to prepay if you would like.

Regards,

Archived