Canopy Tour / White Water Rafting

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:36 AM.
4 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
I'll be sailing on the Brillance of the Seas next month and I'm trying to decide what to do when we stop in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica. I have narrowed my options down to four. 1) Jungle Breezes Canopy Tour, 2) The Original Canopy Tour, 3) Crazy Monkey Canopy Tour, or 4) Conquer Your Fears (Canopy Tour and White Water Rafting).

Can anyone tell me if any of these tours have photographers that take pictures/video of the excursion? This will be a key decision factor in which tour I select.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
NC
23 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
We did this last year and it's awesome!!! But there were no photographers. We had a family member that stayed on the ground and got some great shots, and I took my camera up with me for some really amazing pics!
Salem, MA
421 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Realityshowfan

I have been trying to get information on the same two excursions in Costa Rica. Are the four opitions you post excursions through the ship or are they through private compnay's? If they are private compnay's could you share the web links with me or guide me in teh right direction. I'm sail on the Carnival Liberty July 7, 2007. Thanks and I hope you have a great trip.

Rich
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Madri Gras 1982
Carnival Festival 1983
Atlantic (Home Lines) 1984
Britanis (Celebrity Cruise Lines)1985
Carnival Fantasy 1992
Carnival Destiny 1998
Carnival Destiny 1999
Carnival Victory 2002
Carnival Pride 2004
Carnival Valor 2005
Carnival Freedom 2012
Carnival Liberty 2013
Carnival Glory 2013
Carnival Breeze 2014 (July)
Carnival Breeze 2014 (August)
Carnival Breeze 2105 (7/12)
Carnival Breeze 2015 (7/18)
Carnival Magic 2016
Carnival Valor 2016
Carnival Vista 2017
Carnival Vista 2017/2018 (NYE)
Carnival Vista 2018 (July)
4 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Rich,

The four tours I listed are through the cruise line. I've located the websites of the tours, but none of them indicate whether or not they have photographers. I ended up deciding to do the "Conquer your Fears" tour, since it combined both the canopy tour and white water rafting.

I noticed your going on Carnival. If your ship was going to Limon, you might want to double check your intinerary, before you book any excursions, since it appears Carnival has pulled all their ships out of Limon.

Below are the websites I located:

Jungle Breezes: www.junglebreeze.com

The Original Canopy Tour: http://www.canopytour.com/

Crazy Monkey: http://www.crazymonkeycanopytour.com/

Conuer Your Fears (canopy portion): http://www.rfat.com/Parks/AtlanticCo...0/Default.aspx
Hockessin, DE USA
316 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
I am booked on the Conquer Your Fears trip through Celebrity on March 19. I found the following sites:

www.rfat.com for the zip line part and lunch

www.riostropicales.com for the Cairo Operations Center and I think the rafting is done on the Reventazón river.

Of course - this assumes that Celebrity doesn't cancel Costa Rica.

Tracey
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Star Princess - 1991, Ecstasy - 1996, Grand Princess - Feb. 2002, Infinity - May 2003, Summit - April 16, 2004, Summit - March 11, 2005, Constellation - March 26, 2006, Constellation - March 12, 2007, Galaxy - Mar. 28, 2008

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Woo Hoo what a ride!""
Salem, MA
421 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
1realityshowfan

Thanks for the information and links. Yes, I spoke with my PVP from Carnival and she told me Carnival as of now is still going to Limon. I guess the agreemnet with the local government is that if there is another incident in that port Carnival will pull out for good. But once again as of now we are still going there.

Thanks again for getting back to me.

Rich
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Madri Gras 1982
Carnival Festival 1983
Carnival Fantasy 1992
Carnival Destiny 1998
Carnival Destiny 1999
Carnival Victory 2002
Carnival Pride 2004
Carnival Valor 2005
Carnival Freedom 2012
Carnival Liberty 2013
Carnival Glory 2013
Carnival Magic 2016
Carnival Valor 2016
Carnival Vista 2017
KW, Ontario
50 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Hi

We did the rafting on the Reventazón river (www.riostropicales.com) booked through the Liberty. The bus ride is fine except it is a rainforest and on our day it was difficult to see much in the distance.

The rafting itself was great. First time rafting so nothing to compare to - but love roller coasters and like this more. The guides are great and some speak prefect English.

They do take shots at several sites along the river and offer a CD at the end. Cost about $25 US. Be careful if there is more than 1 tour as you could be like us and get the wrong disk. Fortunately, they are very honest and after we discovered the error (a month later) they sent us a replacement. The first one got lost and they sent another. The disk includes all the rafts on the water at the time so you have to be patient to see your shots but they are great. They also include a large volume of photos of CR flora and fauna on the disk.

Have fun - we'll be rafting again somewhere - maybe even moving up to Cat 4.

Bob
Salem, MA
421 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Bob,

I'm curious, "you said you booked White Water rafting on the liberty" is that the excurions company Carnival used on your trip or did you book through a private compnay? I've heard some decent things about the company you mentioned.

Thanks

Rich
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Madri Gras 1982
Carnival Festival 1983
Carnival Fantasy 1992
Carnival Destiny 1998
Carnival Destiny 1999
Carnival Victory 2002
Carnival Pride 2004
Carnival Valor 2005
Carnival Freedom 2012
Carnival Liberty 2013
Carnival Glory 2013
Carnival Magic 2016
Carnival Valor 2016
Carnival Vista 2017
London, Ontario Canada
2,918 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
1realityshowfan

Where did you find the "conquer your fears" excursion. Is it with Royal Caribbean? I too would like to do both if possible. I did the canopy tour in Jamaica and it was awesome! Maybe I can't find it because we are stopping in another port in Costa Rica. Thanks for some good links.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
deb
LET'S GET NAUTICAL

Sun Princess - Alaska 1976 ~~~ Carnival Mardi Gras - E. Caribbean 1979
Norwegian Star - Hawaii 2002 ~~~ Carnival Triumph - W. Caribbean 2006
Carnival Liberty - W. Caribbean 2007 RCC Serenade of the Seas - Panama Canal 2007
Carnival Liberty - Exotic W. Caribbean- 2008 Liberty Loonies
RCC Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean 2008- Serenade Smoothies
RCC Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean 2009- Cruisin' Hooligans
RCC Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas 2010 - Smoothie Girls Getaway
RCC Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean 2010- Serenade Smoothies
RCC Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas 2011
RCC Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean Cozumel 2011 - Smoothie Girls Getaway
Norwegian Dawn - Eastern Caribbean 2012 - Birthday Cruise
RCC Vision of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean 2013
RCC Jewel of the Seas- Western Caribbean 2013 Smoothie Girls Getaway
Norwegian Sun -Southern Caribbean 2014
Ruby Princess - Caribbean - Smoothie Girls 2014
RCC ~ Independence of the Seas - Eastern/Western Caribbean 2015 B2B
RCC ~Navigator of the Seas- Western Caribbean- Smoothie Girls 2016
Celebrity ~ Solstice ~ Ultimate Alaska - 2017RCC ~ Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas 2017 Smoothie Girls Cruise
Florida
5,130 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by oceanbreezer
1realityshowfan

Where did you find the "conquer your fears" excursion. Is it with Royal Caribbean? I too would like to do both if possible. I did the canopy tour in Jamaica and it was awesome! Maybe I can't find it because we are stopping in another port in Costa Rica. Thanks for some good links.
On the Brilliance last month we did the conquer your fears tour. It was WONDERFUL!!! It was unbelieveable, and more. We booked this thru the ship and it was done quite well. I usually do not book thru ship but this was done so well.

They do take pictures both on the zip lines and a DVD on the river.

Enjoy your trip, I would go again in a minute!

Laura
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Holland America Amsterdam June 3, 2019 - 14 Wonderful Days

Ships we have sailed on…
Holland America ~ Zaandam
Disney ~
Disney Magic ~ Disney Wonder ~ Disney Dream ~ Disney Fantasy
Celebrity ~ Constellation~Celebrity Galaxy~Celebrity Infinity~Celebrity Millennium~Celebrity Summit~Celebrity Xpedition
Royal Caribbean ~ Brilliance of the Seas~ Enchantment of the Seas~Explorer of the Seas~Freedom of the Seas~Liberty of the Seas~Majesty of the Seas~Mariner of the Seas~Monarch of the Seas~Navigator of the Seas~Radiance of the Seas~Sovereign of the Seas