Getaway Haven - H5 or H7 - What would you do?

Vicki'sMom

I think it is always a tough decision, either staying in the haven courtyard area or staying forward or aft in haven cabins......we have done both.....and I love being in the courtyard area, especially with our kids, but we are booked into a haven aft penthouse in October with 2 kids.....but I think with having the bigger balcony and aft cabin, it will be, for us, a perfect spot and we can still walk to the haven throughout the day for meals and the pool etc....the exercise will be good for us!!!! It's a personal choice, that's for sure. The cruise we are booked on is almost sold out haven wise, and prices went through the roof after I booked, so it's very doubtful we will get an upsell to the courtyard!

Leah

You probably said it straight out somewhere here, but just curious:

Courtyard Penthouse vs. Forward Facing Penthouse

The walking is NOT an issue at all. In a word, what is most important to us is "RELAXATION." What's your opinion?

You probably said it straight out somewhere here, but just curious:

Courtyard Penthouse vs. Forward Facing Penthouse

The walking is NOT an issue at all. In a word, what is most important to us is "RELAXATION." What's your opinion?

Oh gosh that is a tough one.......lol.......having stayed in both forward, aft and courtyard penthouses lol..........my faves are the forward and aft and I only say that because both times we have had quite big balconies and that was PURE relaxation for us......the balconies in the courtyard are not big, HOWEVER, you do have the haven deck to enjoy which is also very relaxing.....it is a really tough decision and trust me, I second guess myself all the time hahaha.....if I didn't love the AFT so much I wouldn't keep booking it but I do love the AFT, the wake of the ship is beyond relaxing. Our forward suite was amazing as well with a big balcony and we had a huge suite. Was heavenly. The only thing about the forward suite was the wind and honestly it really didn't affect us that much, just couldn't sit in our forward balcony during at sea days without kind of hunkering down on the loungers lol.....but we also had a side balcony to enjoy too (yes, very spoiled!!!). Not a lot of wind in the AFT. We didn't really spend a lot of time on our courtyard balcony at all, it was simply quite small but we really enjoyed the haven courtyard and their deck - which we will still enjoy even though staying in an aft cabin, we will enjoy the restaurant and pool for sure with our girls, maybe not the deck as much because we have a big deck in our aft suite.

So.....it's tough, for us, the size of the balcony was what mattered, although having a 2 bdrm family courtyard suite would have been great too. Now they are just too darn expensive to upgrade lol!!!!

Leah

You will not regret switching to the H7 Forward Penthouse. I have stayed

in 12701 on the Breakaway and loved it. Separate living and dining room.

The sofa opens to a bed.

Private bedroom with king bed and TV. Front windows. Lots of drawers

and 3 closets. The bath was fabulous. My daughter loved the tub.

The balcony is small two chairs and table but was plenty of room for

both my daughter and I.

We always took the stairs up to the Haven Courtyard. We had excellent

service and never missed not being right in the Haven.

I would not hesitate to book this room again.

• 1 year later...
You will not regret switching to the H7 Forward Penthouse. I have stayed

in 12701 on the Breakaway and loved it. Separate living and dining room.

The sofa opens to a bed.

Private bedroom with king bed and TV. Front windows. Lots of drawers

and 3 closets. The bath was fabulous. My daughter loved the tub.

The balcony is small two chairs and table but was plenty of room for

both my daughter and I.

We always took the stairs up to the Haven Courtyard. We had excellent

service and never missed not being right in the Haven.

I would not hesitate to book this room again.

Hi -- can you provide details about the sofa bed in 12701? I will be sleeping on it. Is it a twin? Is it the couch that turns into a bed or does a bed spring forth from the couch?