Seaside - When Does Check In and Boarding Start?

cruzeluver

Hello All,

I have asked this in a couple of recent reviews but I think my question has gotten lost among other comments/questions.

I am trying to find out what time they start check-in and boarding for Seaside. We are used to cruises that depart around 4:00-5:00PM. But with Seaside not sailing till 7:00PM, is check-in and boarding starting later than is typical? We are being dropped off at the port and planned to arrive around 10:30AM, but will put it off if we are just going to be turned away or have a wait of several hours.

Thanks!

I sailed the 23rd and was onboard at noon. They told me folks had started about 30-45 minutes before me. It was a really easy process too!

Edit - this was an inaugural sailing so not sure if that played a part.

How did they board people - in group #? Were there any priority given to voyager club members?

The reason I ask is because on Meravigilia it took FOREVER to board in Naples and there was no priority boarding for Black Card level members.

I too am a Black Card member and was a bit frantic from unloading the car so by the time I got in the port, I got in the regular line. They did have an area in the front where Black card could check-in I just spaced on it.

Since it was almost noon, once I got checked-in we went up the escalator and started boarding. There was a bit of a line but it moved along fairly well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too am a Black Card member and was a bit frantic from unloading the car so by the time I got in the port, I got in the regular line. They did have an area in the front where Black card could check-in I just spaced on it.

Since it was almost noon, once I got checked-in we went up the escalator and started boarding. There was a bit of a line but it moved along fairly well.

Thanks! Did you park at the terminal?

Sure did! There were so many ships in port and parking was chaotic so I accidentally parked in lot E as I found a great spot. [emoji3]. A quick walk over to F to drop off bags and head in!

Awesome! We plan to park at the port as well. Thanks for the 411!

How much is parking? And is it a secure lot? With airfare so ridiculously high right now and only getting higher as I check we plan on renting an SUV or minivan and making the drive from New Jersey to Miami. With gas and tolls it'll still be cheaper than the 2000 they want for the four of us flying

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

How much is parking? And is it a secure lot? With airfare so ridiculously high right now and only getting higher as I check we plan on renting an SUV or minivan and making the drive from New Jersey to Miami. With gas and tolls it'll still be cheaper than the 2000 they want for the four of us flying

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Is the $2000 the prices today? With the trip 2 weeks ago and you are out of state, I thought you would've had tickets by now.

We used our Costco membership to pick up a rental at Tampa and drop off at the port. It was only $55!!! On the return we are picking up the car at MIA and dropping at TPA for cheap as well. If you are renting a car, look into 2 different rentals and not worry about parking a rental at the port.

My FIL will drive his car and park at the port. It is $22 per day.

Sure did! There were so many ships in port and parking was chaotic so I accidentally parked in lot E as I found a great spot. [emoji3]. A quick walk over to F to drop off bags and head in!

Is lot E an open lot and not covered like garage G?

Parking at the port was $154 for the week. Secure only in that there is a guard booth where you pay and it is gated. However, it is not fenced in you could run back to your car from the highway (had to do it once). The spaces are a bit tight but it sure is convenient.

Great Question!

DCL Sailing - which lot is close to Seaside?

Yes - it is an open lot. In the summer the cars bake so a sun shield is helpful. It was actually cool in Miami when we left Saturday. [emoji3]

E is across from the ship and I was just a bit down across from a Carnival ship so just had a slight walk but had a great corner spot with shade.

Yes - it is an open lot. In the summer the cars bake so a sun shield is helpful. It was actually cool in Miami when we left Saturday. [emoji3]

E is across from the ship and I was just a bit down across from a Carnival ship so just had a slight walk but had a great corner spot with shade.

Thank you!

Are you saying the the closest parking lot to Seaside is open?

Is there a covered parking lot close-by? We're going in July and prefer to have covered parking (especially now at $22/day).

There are parking garages with a shuttle that takes you to your cruise terminal per the Port of Miami website. Also says they have security patrols. There is Premier Parking which is a parking garage and shuttle set up a ways from the port. Cheaper at just about $70 for a week long cruise but you have the hassle of the shuttles.

Are you saying the the closest parking lot to Seaside is open?

Is there a covered parking lot close-by? We're going in July and prefer to have covered parking (especially now at $22/day).

We use garage G it’s covered and secure. There are free shuttles to take you back to terminal F. It’s too far for us to walk but doable for others. It’s $22/day.