Parking in San Francisco while on our cruise

We are going out of San Francisco on Princess Cruises for a 10 day Mexican Riviera Cruise in October and have found a good place to park for a great price at 80 Francisco Street. My question is- Has anyone used this parking before and “prepaid” like it says you can? and was it safe? I know you can’t leave anything in your car because they have break ins, but we wouldn’t. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

We are going out of San Francisco on Princess Cruises for a 10 day Mexican Riviera Cruise in October and have found a good place to park for a great price at 80 Francisco Street. My question is- Has anyone used this parking before and “prepaid” like it says you can? and was it safe? I know you can’t leave anything in your car because they have break ins, but we wouldn’t. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Taking a car into San Francisco, particularly with the thought of leaving it overnight(s) is really a very bad idea (both cost and break-ins.

https://projects.sfchronicle.com/2018/sf-car-breakins/

Perhaps parking elsewhere and using the Ferry or Bart might work.

I have parked there once, but only for the day. It seemed fine to me. And while, yes, there is an epidemic of break-ins, they appear to be happening all over. I guess that means no one place is better or worse than any other. Well, maybe the more "touristy" areas.

I go the city a few times a year and have never had any problem anywhere I've parked. Other than the horrible parking rates. Having said that, according to the map linked by another poster, the number of car break-ins is staggering. I guess I've been lucky.

Anyway, the suggestion to park elsewhere might be the best idea.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Yes, we used that parking location twice...back when the cruise terminal was only a couple of blocks away. The new cruise terminal is a couple more blocks away.

We found this parking location to be safe and secured because of two things: 1. There was a guard watching the parking entrance...and 2. There was a wire screen around the first floor section that "deter/discourage" those who may want to break into your vehicle.

Happy Sailing! :)

Edited by bonsai3s
missing word