Disembarking time for Mariner of the Seas?

What would be the earliest flight out of Miami I should book after disembarkation? I plan on carrying my own bags off and I have a choice of 2 flights out.... one at 9.30am and one at 6.00pm. I would really prefer the earlier flight but would I make it in time?

What would be the earliest flight out of Miami I should book after disembarkation?

Assuming ship is on time and no issues with CBP, figure min 2 hours after ship arrival. I think Mariner gets in around 7 so making a 9:30 flight will be tight, especially on weekday.

Assuming ship is on time and no issues with CBP, figure min 2 hours after ship arrival. I think Mariner gets in around 7 so making a 9:30 flight will be tight, especially on weekday.

It's a domestic flight and yes, the ship gets in at 7am, even so I think you're right.... it's a bit tight and it's probably not worth the stress! will just have to kill some time in Miami and take the late flight.

Thanks so much for your help :):)

You'll also be disembarking just outside downtown Miami during rush hour, which is not fun, although most of the traffic should be coming from the opposite direction. If you're among the first off the ship carrying off your own luggage, it's conceptually possible. If you get caught in any significant traffic (including approaching MIA itself), you likely wouldn't make it.

What would be the earliest flight out of Miami I should book after disembarkation? I plan on carrying my own bags off and I have a choice of 2 flights out.... one at 9.30am and one at 6.00pm. I would really prefer the earlier flight but would I make it in time?

We were on the July 6-9 sailing and we did self assist walk off and were out of customs by 7:15 am. They say they start walk off at 7:00 am but the ship arrived at around 5:30 and was cleared by 6:40. Most ships have the Windjammer open at 6:00 am and folks start lining up on deck 4 at around 6:30 for a 7:00 walk off. Mariner has the windjammer open at 6:30 so we were close to first in line, finished eating, back to the cabin for the luggage, and was off the ship by 7:00. We were absolutely the only ones on deck 4 and went from ship through customs in less than15 minutes. The people lined up must have missed breakfast and departed before us leaving the lines completely empty. If you have an early flight, I strongly suggest you do the self assist walk off and grab some breakfast too!

A 9:30am flight is probably not going to work for you. Port of Miami is not that close to the airport and may not allow you enough time to go through TSA and get to the gate. You will be cutting it VERY close.