Greece - May, June or September

MillbrookMom

Of these months I would recommend May if you want to avoid the worst heat. I've been in Athens at the end of September when it was 100 degrees...

On the other hand, if beach weather is more important to you than reasonable temperatures, September is held to be a good time because the crowds are a bit less but the weather is good and the water's still warm.

Our Anniversary is November 5th. I contemplated doing one then, but I know my husband would like to at least go swimming once (he has an obsession with swimming in places we go to, regardless of temperature). I sounds like any of the months I am looking at should work though, so I guess it will come down to itinerary and price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
In 2019 we will celebrate our 25th anniversary and are considering a cruise of Greece. Looking for the best weather of May, June or Sept. Would like to avoid the summer months.

I agree that it is hot in Athens in June. Ideally, do visit in May or in September, as the weather is still warm during those months, but not sweltering hot. You can go swimming until the end of September in Athens, as the sea is still inviting and warm. Unfortunately the only time we could visit was in August and it was too hot; so definitely not in August.