Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:38 AM.
Stone Mountain GA
10,023 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Thursday night we met up with Grace for dinner-but the restaurant was next to a mattress store. I have had the same mattress since OMG 1993-i went in. They finance, I pay 20 a month for 3 years. They had had no business on Thursday so they gave me free delivery. I got a new mattress, and tonight I sleep on it for the first time. yeah!!!!!!!!!! Chuck says I am too reckless when purchasing, but if I let him decide, it would be something that he analized for two years, and then bought the cheapest thing-so there you go, and i'm off to bed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
Cunard-Queen Mary 1961 NY to Cherbourg
Cunard-Queen Elizabeth 1963 Cherbourg to NY
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06
Carnival- Sensation-10/08
Carnival- Legend 01/10, 9/12, 9/16
Carnival- Fascination 12/10,11/11,10/13,11/14, 9/15
Carnival-Elation 1/14, 1/16, 12/17, 5/18

I will try one thing today,
that I have never done before,
and when I have finished something new,
I'll go try one thing more.
aem

"Hurray for ships!.....Let us keep them alive as a token of love,to make the last romantics happy. Let us use them to cure the depressed. Let us prescribe sea journeys..." Tiziano Terzani

America-It doesn't matter what ship our ancestors came here on, we're all in the same boat now.

Georgia
1,672 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Ann, enjoy sleeping on that new mattress! We want to get a new one but keep putting it off. I hate the whole process of choosing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Fascination Serenity Deck -
my favorite place to hang out!

Carnival Holiday - April 2005
Carnival Holiday - December 2008
Carnival Fascination-December2010
Carnival Fascination - May 2011
Carnival Inspiration - June 2011
Carnival Fascination - May 2012
Carnival Legend - September 2012
Carnival Breeze - April 2013
Carnival Fascination - July 2013
Carnival Breeze - August 2013
Carnival Sensation - January 2014
Carnival Fascination - June 2014
Carnival Breeze - March 2015
Carnival Vista - November 2016

Carnival Liberty - January 2017
Carnival Elation - April 2018

Unofficial #1 fan of Bitter and Blanc
Long Beach, CA
2,208 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Hi!

Just a quick note as this WiFi is terrible and this post may not even happen.

Ann, I made the blog public as everyone was having a difficult time before. "theheppnerroadtrip.blogspot.com"

I have not updated it since day 10 as I have been away from WiFi and cannot update it on my phone.

Java, I get it...we are older than most other tent campers we see and have been eating ibuprofen like candy. It is very hard on the back. Although I would not trade this experience for anything. It's been amazing.

We're in Idaho Falls tonight, drove 479 miles today. Tomorrow we drive 496 to our final campsite in the Dixie National Forest. It's between Bryce and Zion Nat parks. 3 nights there and then home.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
9/30/17 Carnival Miracle

7/26/16 Carnival Legend
8/2/15 Carnival Liberty
4/12/15 Crystal Serenity
7/19/14 Carnival Breeze
5/17/14 Carnival Glory
11/3/13 & 12/29/13 Carnival Magic
9/9/12 & 10/14/12 Carnival Legend
3/17/12 Carnival Fantasy - #25
1/27/12 Carnival Inspiration
12/24/11 Carnival Fantasy
7/8, 8/19, 9/23 - 2011 Carnival Paradise
10/16, 11/22, 12/30 - 2010 Carnival Fascination
2/12, 3/19, 4/30, 5/21 - 2010 Carnival Paradise
8/06 & 9/06 -2009 Carnival Sensation
3/20/09 Carnival Paradise - #10!
2/27/09 Carnival Paradise
12/29/08 Carnival Paradise
5/19/08 Carnival Paradise
6/22, 10/26, 11/19 & 12/28 - 2007 Carnival Paradise
1/97 Carnival Holiday
6/94 Carnival Jubilee

[email protected]
Stone Mountain GA
10,023 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
thanks patty, I will try again. don't take too much ibuproprin!

I woke up this morning and found out that my heart medicine has been recalled-turns out it causes cancer.

night one on the new mattress-perfect, second night, I start hating the alarm clock, cant wait til tomorrow night when I am off the next day, no alarm , just the fur babies staring at me and meowing the feed me! meow. cant wait, since they all love the new bed too. I might just sleep until 8 OMG!!!

java, I went in and asked for the cheapest mattress, Chuck laid down on it, I laid down on it, and we said in true goldilocks innocence- too soft. went to the next one, two hard, so lets move up a few grades, we tried a memory foam, ( I don't want anything to remember me that well) and then we went to a Serta, I wanted a relationship with sheep, nice, but ...and then we tried their brand from when mattress firm bought out sleepy time, and we ended up going back and forth between the sheep (Serta) and their brand, and the length of warranty on their brand was 10 years, Serta only 5, now we know that i will keep a mattress a long time, so we went with their brand. but since I had had that mattress for over 20 years....a board with a foam egg crate would have felt like heaven. LOL. Do it! Your back will love you.

Hope you are all well, and have a great day! Ann
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06

aem

"Hurray for ships!.....Let us keep them alive as a token of love,to make the last romantics happy. Let us use them to cure the depressed. Let us prescribe sea journeys..." Tiziano Terzani

America-It doesn't matter what ship our ancestors came here on, we're all in the same boat now.

Gulf Coast of Florida
3,540 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Ann, enjoy your new mattress! Ours is probably 10 years old, maybe a bit less. But we got a really good one, then I bought the 4" thick gel foam topper and have kept it covered all this time. So the mattress is still virtually brand new. Still, I would love to get the adjustable bed, split king, so I can put my head up a bit...and Tom's too when he is snoring.

Patty, that storm you drove through... YIKES! I would have been scared. But what a lovely trip you've had. Love all the pictures and they are so beautiful. Of course, living in Florida, we don't see the majestic mountains and water falls and icy cold bright blue lakes. But we do have our own beauty. It's just so surreal to see all of your beautiful pictures.

Java, how are the 3 grandchildren? I don't know where the time has gone - Lucy Jo was just born, so it seems. They are lovely little children.

Nearly 7 months since I heard my son's voice. I like to say I'm getting better, but the ache in my chest missing him will never go away. I love him more than ever.

60 days till I cruise, that's something to look forward to.

Hugs to you all. Thanks for always posting and being here, it really helps.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Legend, June 2008
Carnival Glory, February 2009
Carnival Legend, September 2012
Carnival Paradise, September 2013
Carnival Paradise, September 2014
Carnival Conquest, September 2015

Carnival Splendor, October 2016
Carnival Magic, September 2017

Carnival Paradise, February 2018
Carnival Miracle, September 2018

Stone Mountain GA
10,023 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
flos-60 days is not that far off! I have 51 until the cape cod vacay, and I cant get any one to agree on a day cruise at all, I might have to settle for the lobster dinner sunset cruise.

the mattress sleeps well, but both Chuck and I have been getting leg cramps, and so I haven't been able to sleep late, the cats and the cramps wake me up.

as far as our cruises, we cant seem to decide whether we want two mid priced excursions in mexico, or one big one at progresso, and a little one in Cozumel, or a big one in Cozumel, and do nothing in progresso. I want to go to Passion island, but it has been getting terrible reviews recently, so I was thinking of doing a private home, with beach and my own butler. thing is, at that time of year it could be cold, and then a beach day is wasted. but if it includes food, then I can at least get a cooking lesson at the private resort.

help me make up my mind!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06

aem

Gulf Coast of Florida
3,540 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Passion Island in Cozumel? We loved it! Yes, I got a bit of an icky tummy and I'm not sure if it was from the all inclusive food or too much sun. I was better in a couple of hours and just nauseous, not actual vomiting.

The only things we have booked for our upcoming cruise:
Xunatunich Ruins in Belize
Private driver - Sergio, my son Greg's friend. And we will go to the wild, natural side of the island and eat at the Sky Reef restaurant and wade in the beach. Then shop at a local grocery store, then for souvenirs at the port. Best place of the 4 ports for souvenir shopping IMO.

Nothing planned for Mahogany Bay or for Grand Cayman yet. As you may remember, we do have friends in GC, but I hate to bother them yet again to pick us up from the port and entertain us. We always buy them lunch and treat them to cold drinks during the day, but still...they have to take the time off from work, so not yet decided if I will ask them. If not, we will play it by ear.

Ann, I know how much you like to snorkel, so if you can go to a beach close to the port and not have to spend money, you can do a nice excursion or two and the other ports, you can go close by to swim and snorkel? Just a thought.

I'm back on my diet and hoping I can lose a FEW pounds. I am starting to plan my back-up wardrobe in case I can't fit into my normal clothes. I did keep a couple of dresses that are a size or 2 larger than my usual cruise dresses. So I will have those to wear. And my shorts are a teeny bit snug but I think I can lose at least 7 pounds by then, so they may be ok. It's mostly my chest and abdomen, above where I zip my breeches!

I'm always on a diet, but it is just so hard to stay on it this time. I can usually get into a groove and lose 10 or 15 pounds and keep it off, but I'm struggling to stay on for more than 4 or 5 days now.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Stone Mountain GA
10,023 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
a life of constant diet is sad. I am always watching what I eat... I watch it go from the plate to my mouth....and every time I eat something fried, I truly pay the consequences-three onion rings and 10 tater tots at lunch yesterday, and today, yuck! even when I just had a fruit salad last night...and I bought haagen daas ice cream popsicles, and it turned out they were mini's (for my dieting needs LOL)

my dentist was a coca cola addict-he drank about 10 a day, and he gave them up lost over 100 pounds in 6 months. I keep asking what is it that I eat that I have to have, and nothing comes up. if I gave up one thing, would it help me lose weight? nope. i'm down to eating to have a meal, not eating to eat for eatings sake, and I know if I exercised those final 10 (yup the final 10 I have held on to for 10 years) would go away, it's just that I am too lazy.

speaking of lazy, I think I will go back to bed-Chuck is at therapy. sleep would be nice.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06

aem

Gulf Coast of Florida
3,540 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
If I asked myself what must I have for eating, it would be icecream and pizza. Those are my 2 worst things. Our Publix will have Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Daas on BOGO and I buy them both and eat them both. And I eat an entire pint from the carton in one sitting while Tom is working his 2nd job.

As for pizza, I would eat that every single night for the rest of my life. I love Costco pizza, the yummiest ever.

Now if I just had those 2 things, it would be ok to eat them 3 meals a day...lol. But soon I would need "fill in" stuff, like chips, cookies (crunchy, not soft ones), and the occasional salad or meat.

Anyway, I'm still doing good on my diet - I will have a Chik Fil A salad tonight, then Saturday is carb-reload day (part of our diet...) so I will have a piece of pizza for my carb. Then back on to meat and veg.

I promised myself on Monday that I would follow it faithfully for 15 days (till the end of July) because I can do anything for 15 days, right? Then hoping that I've done well enough that it motivates me to continue. I used to be able to follow this diet for months on end with no trouble...for some reason I am unable to do that anymore. But wish me luck for 15 days!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Stone Mountain GA
10,023 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
depression is a great unmotivater. (this is a new word, but has been in my vocabulary for years) you know what you should do to take care of yourself, but then some part of you thinks, why? and it all unravels. I completely understand.

I goofed off at work yesterday by planning my cape cod days and meals, only to have the manager back in the office, and he was actually working. I answered phone calls, and did sales, but ….I was on line finding menus, mileage, tide charts, and easy things for Chuck to do. Cameras are a must for this trip! today I will find a place for lunch after we land in Providence. on the way to the cape....

all of this self excursion stuff, is keeping my mind off of what i should be doing, but I think God gives us what we need to get through the bad stuff, and if being a shore excursion planner is getting me through what is going on at home, then I am all for it. Well, time to fix breakfast, and then go to work.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06

aem

Gulf Coast of Florida
3,540 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Yes, depression sucks. Naturally, I have struggled with that since December 25, 10:44 PM. If it wasn't for my faith in our Lord, I think I would be in the pits of despair. But I truly rely on him every single day. Still, I struggle with it - I just try not to let it get the best of me. Greg would not want me to feel the way I do on some bad days - he would want me to remember him well, with love, but not to dwell on the bad parts.

So, I enjoyed my Saturday cheat day and went right back on the eating plan on Sunday, and hoping for another good week. I'm not asking too much of myself - if I can lose 8 pounds by September. Of course, that's do-able, and then some, if I stick with it.

It is already nearly the end of July - the summers always go by so fast. I find that I have not used my swimming pool nearly at all this summer. I think I've been in it 3 or 4 times. I used to set on my lanai on Sunday, alternating between the sun and the shade and a float in the pool. Reading and napping - but for some reason, I've not done that a single time this year. Life has just changed too much....maybe next year.

Tom is still working two jobs, he loves it....I, on the other hand, do not. It's sure quiet in my house in the evenings. So the goal is for him to stay at the 2nd, part time, job until it opens up for a full time position. He's really working there to get a foot in the door, not because we need the extra income. Though it has been nice to have - doing a few extra things around the house, saving a bit more.

I hope you are all well....missing hearing from a couple of you! Hint, hint...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NC
191 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Hello! Here you all are! I'm happy that you've all stayed in touch. Florings told me that you'd formed a Friends of Legend board. That's great. Just sticking my head in to say hello to Marshhawk, javamom, and sk8rpatty. Not sure any of you remember me from the Sept 9th, 2012 Legend sailing, but I was there with you. I'll be on the Sept 16th Miracle sailing with Florings. Looking forward to it. Carry on!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL Navigator of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean, '15
Carnival Legend, Western Caribbean, '12
Carnival Fascination, KeyWst/Nassau, '11
Carnival Victory, Eastern Caribbean, '98
Carnival Ecstacy, Bahamas, '96
Cape Canaveral Cruise Lines, Dolphin IV, Bahamas, '94
Premiere Cruise Lines, Star Ship Atlantic, Bahamas, '94
Carnival Ecstacy, Bahamas, '92
Premiere Cruise Lines, Star Ship Atlantic, Bahamas, '91

Long Beach, CA
2,208 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Hi Surfserene! I remember you posting on our thread in 2012, trying to remember you from the cruise. My memory is not what it once was. LOL Glad you joined us here and so cool that you will be cruising with Flo.

Flo, I'm sure you will lose that 8 pounds by Sept. You always seem to before your cruises. I'm really trying to shed some weight too. I really thought I would lose weight after all those days of camping, hiking, etc. Guess my diet was not great the last couple weeks of the trip. Cooking and cleaning up at a campsite was harder than I expected...or I just lost motivation at the end. Oh well. I'm on track now.

I still feel like I'm in recovery mode. 30 days is a long time to be away from home. I'm trying to sort through all the photos and finally finish the blog. Jordan came down with a cold yesterday, I think all the dramatic changes in temperature probably got to him. Plus the number of people we were exposed to at the National parks. I was really amazed at how many people were from somewhere else. Lots of Europeans, some from India and the middle east. It was really fun meeting people from so many different places.

I'm planning to go to the Apple store this morning and look at switching to Mac. Microsoft Windows 10 is horrible in my opinion. I've had nothing but trouble with this laptop since I got it. I've bought cheap laptops for years and I think it's time to treat myself. Wish me luck!

I'm hoping that will motivate me to finish organizing the photos and the blog.

We're supposed to go to the Orange County Fair this afternoon and a concert there tonight. I hope Jordan feels well enough.

Happy Hump day everyone! Downhill to Friday Flo
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
9/30/17 Carnival Miracle

7/26/16 Carnival Legend
8/2/15 Carnival Liberty
4/12/15 Crystal Serenity
7/19/14 Carnival Breeze
5/17/14 Carnival Glory
1/27/12 Carnival Inspiration
12/24/11 Carnival Fantasy
7/8, 8/19, 9/23 - 2011 Carnival Paradise
10/16, 11/22, 12/30 - 2010 Carnival Fascination
2/12, 3/19, 4/30, 5/21 - 2010 Carnival Paradise
8/06 & 9/06 -2009 Carnival Sensation
3/20/09 Carnival Paradise - #10!
2/27/09 Carnival Paradise
12/29/08 Carnival Paradise
5/19/08 Carnival Paradise
6/22, 10/26, 11/19 & 12/28 - 2007 Carnival Paradise
1/97 Carnival Holiday
6/94 Carnival Jubilee

[email protected]
Stone Mountain GA
10,023 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
hump day to you guys is my Friday, and I was dragging butt all day long. my ex boss who still loves to be bossy yelled at me, my boss told me that I had screwed up on some file building, and I had a subscription to do at the window, and the computer wouldn't seat the man, so I had to take it upstairs, and all day long the Resident which is filmed in our building was setting up, and they started filming at 5-couldnt find a ladies room to use anywhere...argh! movie stars! caught up on all the crap, and then came home, and wow I am off tomorrow and Friday, (liver doc again on Friday) and off Sunday...taking a vacation day.

seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, too much vacation time, but unable to take it, I am now taking sundays off and letting the lead handle the mess. it's the only way I can make 40 hours a week by taking a day of vacation. sad. Monday I am on my own, the bosses will all be working from home. or off. so tonight back to comedians in cars getting coffee, and tomorrow some netflix, house cleaning, and I really want to paint a painting. I will do it! I need to do it! someone tell me to get off my butt and do it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06

aem

Gulf Coast of Florida
3,540 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
I'm glad you have so much confidence in me Patty! I should be able to lose those pounds, but I've been after the same 8 pounds since March! Just not feeling it anymore...

I think I have just enough "chub" clothes left to get me through a week long cruise... because I refuse to buy anything in a larger size when I have 2 closets full of clothes.

Some people who mourn can't eat a bite and lose tons of weight. Others, like me, do exact opposite and eat for comfort. Why am I always the one who chooses to eat?!

Ann, your work always sounds so topsy-turvy. But I'm sure it must be good overall or you wouldn't be there for so long; you must like it in general.

Someday, Ann, you and I will follow Doris and Patty into retirement!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Georgia
1,672 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Hi all! I feel like the hours, days, weeks FLY by - but waiting for trips takes forever. I am going to Biloxi, MS with my sisters in law in a week. Got a good deal at Harrahs and they have a gorgeous pool area. We made the reservations only about three weeks ago but it’s taking forever to get here!
As for my February cruise with my mom and sister, I still haven’t made a count down. I did find out Gary is going to the conference in Denver that same week. As y’all know, that’s my favorite place to go with him. We are looking at moving the cruise two weeks but there will be a charge of $50 per person. Ugh. Gary said to just pay the $150 but I plan to call back and ask (beg) again for no transfer fee.
I love not working and not having a schedule. BUT not having a schedule has it’s difficulties also. I am free to help Courtney with anything she needs with the grandkids but that varies all the time. My son that lives with us works 10 days on, four off. So every other Friday we go to lunch together. The other Friday’s throw me off, lol. I finally got two major projects done this week so I feel somewhat productive. Out home is over 40 years old, and almost no storage except for the basement. Small closets, few cabinets etc. Gary and I have shared a small closet for 30 years. I moved him out of it and into the guest room closet. Completely redid the closet for me. It’s so nice and organized.
I think I’ll get out and do a little shopping today. The places I love to wander but rarely take the time - TJ Max, World Market, Bed Bath and Beyond. Not looking for anything particular.
I bet Flo is going to have pizza today. If so, enjoy! And hopefully enjoy your pool.
I hope you all enjoy the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Fascination Serenity Deck -
my favorite place to hang out!

Carnival Holiday - April 2005
Carnival Holiday - December 2008
Carnival Fascination-December2010
Carnival Fascination - May 2011
Carnival Inspiration - June 2011
Carnival Fascination - May 2012
Carnival Legend - September 2012
Carnival Breeze - April 2013
Carnival Fascination - July 2013
Carnival Breeze - August 2013
Carnival Sensation - January 2014
Carnival Fascination - June 2014
Carnival Breeze - March 2015
Carnival Vista - November 2016

Carnival Liberty - January 2017
Carnival Elation - April 2018

Unofficial #1 fan of Bitter and Blanc
Stone Mountain GA
10,023 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
I took a vacation day today, and am getting together with friends who don't live that far away, but our hours don't coincide=she is older than me, and has such bad arthritis, she cant drive anymore, he is younger that me, and gets up at 3 in the morning and works 5-3, so he is asleep when I get home at 7, so a mid day lunch is the best we can do, and of course it has to be on a weekend, and I am tired and sad for not seeing my friends, so I took a vacation day.

This is my way of dealing with an emotional funk. Make time to see folks. Next, I have to get in touch with Vicki, and see how they and the sick dog are doing.

Hugs to you all, my lady friends!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06

aem

Stone Mountain GA
10,023 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
another month has flown by, tomorrow is august! wow! the last month of boring work, I might as well enjoy it. someone started a roll call for the 12//1 cruise, good, now I don't feel guilty for not starting one-flo, how exciting to see surfserene again.

I got chuck to cook dinner last night, and he ate well. I guess if he cooks it he will eat it? I know he did not sleep well, so I am letting him sleep in. he doesn't have therapy today, so why not.

off to make toast. but I have left over ribs for lunch-YUM!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06

aem

Gulf Coast of Florida
3,540 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Happy Tuesday, all. And payday for me....I get paid once a month, the last business day of each month. So I am happy as a clam today - not so much yesterday

I've gotten paid that way for nearly 23 years now. It really does work for me now - all bills paid before the 1st each month, savings and 401K money in place - the rest is mine. Of course I have to buy groceries and gas for the month, but I've become a pro at budgeting this out.

I guess I'm getting a bit more excited about the Miracle cruise. On Sunday, I realized that it is only 7 weeks away. So, I got the suitcases out and rolled them into the guest room - just in a corner for the time being. But I've begun to gather my miscellaneous list stuff; corkscrew, sunscreen, binoculars, large metal cups w/straws, popup hamper, etc. All the "stuff" that one collects to make a cruise more convenient.

I made my clothing chart - and I'm basing it on the weight that I am now because my "diet" seems to be going nowhere fast. Still, 5 pounds is my wish so my shorts don't cut off my circulation. But I have listed on the chart dresses that I can wear today, not the smaller ones that I can wear when I am at my ideal weight. I have enough clothes to make it work.

We have $342 OBC and because of our Carnival Mastercard, we have $50 in free bar cash, too. Water is purchased for the room, FTTF and excursions bought and paid, Steakhouse booked for night 1 (but not until 7:00 pm so we can see the bridge passing). I do believe we are all set!

First time in a balcony since our 2012 Legend cruise. Tom will be happy... I've been booking porthole cabins to save a ton of money and he's "ok" with it, but would prefer something a bit more upstairs I got an upgrade offer for the Paradise, Feb.2019, from porthole to OV for $86 total. So I took it, mainly for Tom...

Magic in October next year is in a porthole, the same one we stayed in last year...but I loved that cabin! Yes - it was really far away from everything...except the spa elevators and the stairs coming back from port (while dozens of pax waited for the elevators, Tom and I would walk up a flight of steps, turn the corner and be "home"). I guess if we got a good upgrade offer, I would consider moving, but it was really a great cabin.

No dates past April 2020 are showing yet, or with this $49 deposit sale, I would have booked Autumn 2020 cruise.

Doris, hopefully you will be able to get the $50 waived - but in the grand scheme of things, that's really not a bad "penalty". I wish I could get sisters or friends to go cruising with me. At least someone that I don't have to pay their fare too. My daughter would go, but I will have to pay for her (that's fine, but how to pin her down is anybody's guess). I would love to go with my daughter in law, but she can't afford it. And no one else loves it as much as I do. You know, the non-committal remark, "let me know next time you're going, I'd love to go" - then when you call them with a few dates, "I don't think I can afford it, get the time off, leave my husband or kids or animals"...anyway you know what I mean.

Oh my word, I am just rambling on! Best to stop for now and dump out the rest of this strong coffee....lol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Long Beach, CA
2,208 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
I can't believe it's August already either. Time is flying! Happy Pay Day Flo! I only get paid once a month now too. I like it as well, so I can sit and pay all the bills at once and know what is left.

I'm glad to hear you are getting excited about your cruise! Funny that the last ship I was on was the Miracle. Too bad you are not on my Coast or I'd jump on a cruise with you. Jordan will never go again so it would be the only way I'd get to cruise. Don't think he'd tolerate me flying across the country to do it without him tho

Spent most of the morning working on the Blog. Still have 8 days to finish. I'll get there some day. We're having our friends over tomorrow for a "slide show". haha. yes, we're going to subject them to it. I've condensed it down to only 1000 photos. But I'll feed them and provide wine. That should help.

Tomorrow is Friday!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
9/30/17 Carnival Miracle

7/26/16 Carnival Legend
8/2/15 Carnival Liberty
4/12/15 Crystal Serenity
7/19/14 Carnival Breeze
5/17/14 Carnival Glory