Vision of the Seas 12 day Med - Greek Isles Feedback?

nitab99

Looking for feedback on the 12 day Mediterranean Greek Isles cruise on Vision of the Seas....How was the experience (ship, activities, ports)? Thinking about booking the June 2019 sailing. This would be our 2nd RC cruise and first European itinerary. We are a family of 4, kids will be ages 3 and 7. Any feedback and/or tips are appreciated!

Not an exact same sailing but I sailed a 10 night Greek Isles on Rhapsody in September 2016 and the stops were amazing and it was my very favorite itinerary (and 1 of 3 European cruises) to date. It is weird that the same cruise has such different ports. Plenty of children your kids' ages and they all seemed to be having a great time.

We sailed that itinerary on Vision in 2015 and loved it! The ship is just the right size and the ports were fantastic! We did several tours with a family whose kids were 9 and 11 and they enjoyed it as well. Not sure how younger children would enjoy the stops tho.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This post may be a bit late for your question but we just got back from the 12 night Med/Greek Isles cruise on the Vision. My wife and I absolutely loved it. We've done many cruises (mostly on RCCL) and without a doubt this was our favorite, both from the ship standpoint as well as the itinerary. Unlike most of the other cruises we've been on, this itinerary was really all about the ports. We went to Barcelona, Cannes, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Athens, Mykonos, Santorini and Malta. We had four--much needed and appreciated--sea days. We enjoyed all the ports, but found Cannes to be less than we had expected. We would return to any and all of the other ports. Vision is one of the smaller and older ships, which is exactly what we have learned that we prefer. It's all personal preference, but now that the kids aren't traveling with us, we have no need for multiple flow riders, board walks, skating rinks, etc. We enjoyed the smaller number of passengers, and found the crew to be very attentive and most friendly. The Captain was spectacular and very visible/accessible...probably why the crew was also so spectacular. On some of the bigger ships we noticed that the crew weren't necessarily rude, but far less friendly and attentive, perhaps because of all the extra guests they were dealing with. We would gladly return to this ship and/or itinerary. I hope you enjoy your trip, this one will be memorable.

This post may be a bit late for your question but we just got back from the 12 night Med/Greek Isles cruise on the Vision. My wife and I absolutely loved it. We've done many cruises (mostly on RCCL) and without a doubt this was our favorite, both from the ship standpoint as well as the itinerary. Unlike most of the other cruises we've been on, this itinerary was really all about the ports. We went to Barcelona, Cannes, Florence/Pisa, Rome, Athens, Mykonos, Santorini and Malta. We had four--much needed and appreciated--sea days. We enjoyed all the ports, but found Cannes to be less than we had expected. We would return to any and all of the other ports. Vision is one of the smaller and older ships, which is exactly what we have learned that we prefer. It's all personal preference, but now that the kids aren't traveling with us, we have no need for multiple flow riders, board walks, skating rinks, etc. We enjoyed the smaller number of passengers, and found the crew to be very attentive and most friendly. The Captain was spectacular and very visible/accessible...probably why the crew was also so spectacular. On some of the bigger ships we noticed that the crew weren't necessarily rude, but far less friendly and attentive, perhaps because of all the extra guests they were dealing with. We would gladly return to this ship and/or itinerary. I hope you enjoy your trip, this one will be memorable.

Thanks so much for posting. Can you offer what you did as far as touring in each of the ports ?

We'll be doing this ship/itinerary next May.

We've been lucky enough to sail both the Greek Islands and Venice itineraries loved them equally and thought the ship captain crew entertainment and food were excellent.

This would make the perfect B2B cruise...

• 1 month later...

Just got off yesterday. It was the best 12 days!! The only port that we had a problem was in Marseille. Our cruise was the first one the pull into Marseille. They kept pushing the shuttle on us saying cabs were more expensive. Cabs were plentiful when we got off the boat and were considerable cheaper. Which wasn't the issue. We were told the bus would run ever 20 minutes. When we wanted to return back to the boat 4 buses came over 1 hour and 15 minutes dropping off people and would not pick anyone up saying it was the break time. So we stood in the heat waiting for a bus without a contact for royal caribbean. We did see a royal caribbean tour pass by and asked her to contact the boat and she said absolutely not. Finally, after an hour and 30 minutes a bus came by and we demanded he take us back to the port. At this time there was over 100 people waiting. A cab would have been cheaper and much faster option. The area was also not the safest. In the two hours we walked around the old port - my purse was attempted to be snatched twice - once the tried to create a distraction by climbing in a dumpster so we would look over there, the other time a man ran by close and bumped into me. My husband went into use a restroom while we were sitting at a cafe and a man came and sat the my table and started begging for money until I called a server over to ask him to leave. It was a very uncomfortable feeling or place. Will definitely skip next time. Every other port was beyond amazing!!!!

Just got off yesterday. It was the best 12 days!! The only port that we had a problem was in Marseille. Our cruise was the first one the pull into Marseille. They kept pushing the shuttle on us saying cabs were more expensive. Cabs were plentiful when we got off the boat and were considerable cheaper. Which wasn't the issue. We were told the bus would run ever 20 minutes. When we wanted to return back to the boat 4 buses came over 1 hour and 15 minutes dropping off people and would not pick anyone up saying it was the break time. So we stood in the heat waiting for a bus without a contact for royal caribbean. We did see a royal caribbean tour pass by and asked her to contact the boat and she said absolutely not. Finally, after an hour and 30 minutes a bus came by and we demanded he take us back to the port. At this time there was over 100 people waiting. A cab would have been cheaper and much faster option. The area was also not the safest. In the two hours we walked around the old port - my purse was attempted to be snatched twice - once the tried to create a distraction by climbing in a dumpster so we would look over there, the other time a man ran by close and bumped into me. My husband went into use a restroom while we were sitting at a cafe and a man came and sat the my table and started begging for money until I called a server over to ask him to leave. It was a very uncomfortable feeling or place. Will definitely skip next time. Every other port was beyond amazing!!!!

Just "WOW" so sad you had this experience...glad it was only at this port...Luckily it won't be one of ours next May.