Secret carrier

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:46 PM.
Toronto, Canada
4,091 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Originally posted by FlyerTalker
One of the best things about Skyhigh Airlines is that AS has kept the site going for all to appreciate. It was a brilliant ad campaign that much of the country never got to see on broadcast TV.
That's hysterical! Who is AS who's responsible for that very funny website (with radio ads)?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Adirondack Mountains
3,911 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
I keep getting a 404 error.... maybe it doesn't like Safari
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ginny

Peace.....Love......Zumba

Vancouver BC
7,241 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by calliopecruiser
That's hysterical! Who is AS who's responsible for that very funny website (with radio ads)?
AS is the IATA code for Alaska Airlines.

The company has a sense of humor, check out these videos about "The Slog" http://www.youtube.com/user/HORIZONQX?feature=watch
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2017/04 Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas - Transatlantic
2016/05 Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas - Transatlantic
2015/09 Ruby Princess - Pacific Coastal
2014/04 Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas - Transatlantic
2012/11 Celebrity Equinox - Transatlantic
2011/09 Holland America Westerdam - Pacific Coastal
2010/11 Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas - Transatlantic
2008/12 Celebrity Mercury - Hawaii
2008/09 Celebrity Millennium - Northwest
2007/09 Island Princess - Pacific Coastal
2006/09 Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas - Alaska
2005/10 Celebrity Galaxy - Transatlantic
2003/11 Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas - W.Caribbean
At 35,000 feet
9,322 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
The campaign was created by advertising agency Wong, Doody in the wake of 9/11. You can read more about it, and see some of the ads at THIS LINK.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Government Certified Expert"

"Anybody who believes they can out-think the airlines' revenue/yield management computer algorithms is, in my view, delusional." -- Gardyloo

"It doesn't really make a blind bit of difference what other people are paying since they're traveling from different airports, on different days, at different times of the year." -- fbgd

"Daddy he hates airplanes, Baby loves to fly. The Lady wants to know the reason why." -- Michael Franks

My standard response to all the questions of "Can I make that early flight home?" or "Can I take a bag that is oversized without paying?":
"Well, you gotta ask yourself....do you feel lucky? Well do you?" -- Inspector Harry Callahan
The OC
5,799 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Glad the website is back up; a year or two ago it was off the air, I thought permanently. I like the vacation package selector...the "go" button says, "Grab My Package"

AS also used the Skyhigh campaign in the 80's...I recall a TV ad with FA's dancing in the aisles with sparklers and lobsters!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
====================
Chandris Ellenis, Mediterranean- July 1978
X Infinity, Baja- October 2005
Carnival Paradise, Baja- January 2007
HAL Zaandam, Alaska- July 2008
HAL Oosterdam, Sea of Cortez- April 2010
X Summit, Southern Caribbean Part 1- November 2012
X Summit, Southern Caribbean Part 2- November 2013
7,179 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by Michidoeme

One of the premium airlines in Europe belonging to a large network, did not want to reroute my daughters after flight was cancelled, although there were possibilities and availabilites, but insisted they had to fly the original routing much much later despite having tickets bought directly with airline. I had a similar situation once, with same ticket, and was put immediately on next available flight with different airline (o.k. my ff status might have helped).

Yes, if you have FF status that will usually help a lot in such situations. The airline may have hesitated with your daughters because they were more concerned with getting their FF's reaccommodated

On the other hand, even full fare flexible business class tickets directly from airline don't always guarantee satisfaction : 2 years ago when our flight NY-ZRH, was cancelled due to bad weather conditions, my colleagues and I (same as all other passengers on this flight) did not receive any assistance nor compensation at all, although we had to find a hotel (on our own) and wait for more than 24 hours for a next flight. .
The key here is that the cancellation was due to weather, which is out of the airline's control. Had the flight been cancelled due to a mechanical issue, you likely would have received some sort of accommodation at the time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Meg

Remembering 34 past cruises:
25 Royal Caribbean, 5 Celebrity, 2 Carnival, 1 Princess, 2 Oceania

Anticipating 1 future cruise:
Oasis of the Seas, 7 night Eastern Caribbean, Feb 2019