Vantage - La Perla - Croatia

milling73

Looking for anyone who is booked on new Vantage cruise on La Perla , a 27 passenger yacht on the Croatia coast.

It's first cruises are to begin in August. It looks to be an interesting scenario, with a totally different and intriguing traveling option than normally offered on the river cruises.

We are seriously considering booking for 2016, and I'm hoping someone will write a review.

• 9 months later...
Looking for anyone who is booked on new Vantage cruise on La Perla , a 27 passenger yacht on the Croatia coast.

It's first cruises are to begin in August. It looks to be an interesting scenario, with a totally different and intriguing traveling option than normally offered on the river cruises.

We are seriously considering booking for 2016, and I'm hoping someone will write a review.

We just finished a Croatia cruise on La Perla with Vantage. It's a boutique yacht with a maximum of 27 guests. The food on board is mainly Croatian dishes and we liked it very much. All soft drinks, coffees, and Croatian wine, beer & schnapps are free and unlimited in quantity. The cabins aren't large, but plenty adequate and there was plenty of storage for our clothes. The staff is great and look after you very well. The cruise visits many small towns & villages and some meals are in local restaurants or homes. The cruise also includes 3 days in Opatia and in Zagreb. There is no tipping for local guides, drivers etc as Vantage handles that. There are the standard gratuities for crew and cruise manager just like on river boats. It's one of the best organized tours we have ever taken and we recommend it highly. If you aren't using Vantage air, be sure to get the airport/hotel transfers (Zagreb airport to Opatia is a 2 hour drive.)

Jim & Pat

Edited by Jymi-B

• 5 months later...

We are booked for this trip in September, 2017. Did you go and if so how did everything go?

Thanks.

We did go to Croatia in May, but ultimately decided to go on our own, via in country flights / car / train - touring most of Croatia, Slovenia and on to Prague. So I can't give a cruise review.

I do want to say though that Croatia is amazingly clean and beautiful -- Dubrovnik, Split, Zadar the coastal towns, but above all see Plitvice Lakes. Seeing them, actually hearing the constant rush of water throughout that park is a more apt description, was ultimately why we chose to go to Croatia and we were not disappointed.

Roads are well-maintained, and easy to navigate. Great public transport. Locals helpful and friendly. And scenery that never disappointed, whether by land or sea.

Again, please excuse a non-cruise review.

• 1 month later...

Dear Jim and Pat,

We are booked on this trip for 2017 and have some questions. Could you please answer a few?

Are there individual safes in the cabins La Perla?

How did you handle laundry needs along the way and onboard?

If you have any other tips I would love to hear them. Many thanks.

• 8 months later...

It is August 27, 2017 and we have just returned from the Croatia journey on Vantage La Perla.

Good parts: the staff was exceptional, program manager, step on guides and bus transportation awesome.

Not so good: we were in room 9, on the ground floor. These rooms on the ground floor are very, very confining. The shower is wicked small, the windows do not open. There was a 'plumbing problem on our second day where the shower was filled with standing water. That left a stench in our room for sure. It was fixed, or so they said. Then, there was a worse stench coming from the a.c., which traveled down the hall as So, you can imagine between the smell and suffocating hot room it was not pleasant for the journey. There were no other rooms available. I could have slept on a couch upstairs, but the bathroom would have been 2 floors down...and I'm up at night 2X.

The food was pretty good except for the fried chicken breast, wanna be's fried shrimp and a tough veal chop. So avoid these other fish was awesome. Breakfasts and lunch were better, great salad.

We took the extension to Montenegro, it was nice. I do need to warn you, because you will be crossing borders there can be a long wait. (so, after leaving the ship it is a 3 hour drive) Meaning we got there late afternoon, had a tour and dinner, next day tour and had to be up at 4 a..m. to cross the border and catch our flight home. So, unless you have a burning desire to take the extension ...

Also, there are no sandy beaches, so bring water shoes.

Have a great time if you go, push for an upgrade to the second deck with windows that open, a shower you can turn around in, and a good night sleep. Again, the staff was the best part!

• 6 months later...
Dear Jim and Pat,

We are booked on this trip for 2017 and have some questions. Could you please answer a few?

Are there individual safes in the cabins La Perla?

How did you handle laundry needs along the way and onboard?

If you have any other tips I would love to hear them. Many thanks.

We are thinking of doing this in 2019 so would love to hear how you liked your trip?

• 2 months later...
We are thinking of doing this in 2019 so would love to hear how you liked your trip?

We also want to do this in 2019. Cannot get a straight answer from Vantage about the size of the beds. Are they actual doubles or queens?

Judi

• 1 month later...