Bound for boatny bay.

Quote:''The plan also supports regional ports to improve as cruise destinations and includes a commitment to work with the Federal Government to remove regulatory barriers affecting the cruise industry, in particular expedition cruising."

What are the regulatory barrier?

Not sure if it has to do with Biosecurity, the Athens convention or even something like gambling and employment type regulations.

Pity they built Canberra in the wrong place. It should have been on the coast, then we could have had the ships coming here.

We could just build a massive canal to the coast and have them come here. - LoL ;)

The ACT already has a coast at the southern end of Jervis Bay.

Jervis Bay would be an excellent spot for a cruise terminal if only it were actually near something.

A great opportunity to make our harbour even more spectacular has seemingly been missed - guess there were people around who were against the bridge & Opera House as well.

That said, if Stingrays Harbour is the location, then so be it - let's just get on with making it happen! I propose it be called the Eora Cruise Terminal.

And therein lies the problem ..if there would have been more people "against" the bridge originally we would not be in this current predicament .:mad: Should just pull the bloody thing down and build some more tunnels....lets get our priorities right:D

And therein lies the problem ..if there would have been more people "against" the bridge originally we would not be in this current predicament .:mad: Should just pull the bloody thing down and build some more tunnels....lets get our priorities right:D

Come on Gbenjo, start the partition and we can all sign it.:D

But then they might hit the tunnel.

Sheesh, the answer is obvious, drain a few feet out of the harbour then they’ll fit under the bridge.

What about building a nice big cruise terminal out from Lyne Park in the middle of Rose Bay? Plenty of space there so they could make it big enough for four cruise ships at once - two on each side. Individual terminal buildings for each ship, like they have in Barcelona. Run a new light rail or metro out to Rose Bay so the locals will get some benefits. Of course they'll lose their million dollar views but, hey, that's just tough luck. :D:D:D

Yeah calm before the Storm... ;p

The Steelers were lucky that ex-rabbitoh Luke Keary got injured and left the field with 30 minutes to go otherwise the those dirty rortin' chooks would have put over 50 on them, he was carving them up all over the place.

He is the one player I hate that we let go to those B_______'s :evilsmile:

"22" it's praise the Lord and pass the ammunition...

Cheers r.

:cool:

2018; The year Of THE Rooster.. Cronk's firing, Teddy back to what he showed at West's & We have a better Indiginous Player then GI ever has been. Latrell Mitchell.

Go The Rooster's

Yes Gut I do agree with the Passenger terminal would be better on Wharf road, with easier access to public transport & Airport; But all those developers & residents in the city don't want it there, will block there view's, a couple times a year..

Sheesh, the answer is obvious, drain a few feet out of the harbour then they’ll fit under the bridge.

Like many things in life, it's often a question of timing. 20,000 years ago the Sydney coastline was about 25km east of where it now lies - based on that our forefathers would have needed not a Sydney Harbour bridge type design, but more a Ryde bridge design to span the river that would have been where the crossing now is. I have seen reference to, even as recent as 8,000 years ago, Bondi would have been halfway between Circular Quay and the shoreline. Speed of government action means the next ice age will be here and cruise-ships will be able to sail under the Harbour bridge - problem solved!

Maybe a retro-fitted lifting span to the coathanger is the answer - it would need to open for only a few minutes morning and night :-)

Port Kembla is tipped as a cruise embarkation/disembarkation point, on WIN news yesterday.:cool: The Wollongong authorities are ready to roll on the proposal.

Sydney train stops there.;)

Mic, I've gotta ask, "Boatny Bay", pun or typo?

I love it as a pun, but it's also a great typo.

It was a typo, but I spotted it straight away, I corrected it but then changed it back as I liked it better this way.;p

Port Kembla is tipped as a cruise embarkation/disembarkation point, on WIN news yesterday.:cool: The Wollongong authorities are ready to roll on the proposal.

Sydney train stops there.;)

I think NSW is looking at developing Eden, Port Kembla, Newcastle and there was even word around something at Port Macquarie or Coffs Harbour (can't remember which). They want to offer as many ports as possible to keep the money flowing in.

But doesn't the Sydney train take about two and a half hours?
Yes a couple of hours..Central to Port Kembla, quite a few stops. Driving time, Sydney CBD to Port Kembla is around 1.5 to 2 hours. :o

It was a typo, but I spotted it straight away, I corrected it but then changed it back as I liked it better this way.;p

Sorry Mic but a vessel the size of which will be berthed there is called a ship........not a boat......therefore it should be Shipny Bay ..not... Boatny Bay :D

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the NIMBY argument. "

While we’re not against tourism or cruise ships, we don’t believe that the position of these two terminals is right for not only our area

, but for Sydney

."

In an area already with a lot of road and sea traffic thanks to the heavy container terminal presence, and near to the airport. And disregarding the findings showing it was a better area than alternative. LOL.