HEY NY - QM2 IS ON THE WAY !!

KenC

Look out NY she's on her way icon_biggrin.gif QM2 left Southampton on time at 6.00 pm (BST) this evening (give or take a minute or two) - with almost as much hoopla as the maiden voyage icon_wink.gif OMG I wish we were on board this one as well!!!

I hope she gets some sort of welcome in NY given that the Coast Guard wants to ban everything icon_eek.gif

Enjoy

Ken

Ken:

I can't wait to see her on Thursday! Although the Coast Guard, in their infinite wisdom, have rained on my and many other's parade, I do hope the shores are lined with folks hoping to capture the moment.

Not sure why they just didn't impose a distance limit on smaller craft.....something like, get closer than 200 yards and you're fish food; but that's the way it goes.

I'm irritated at the CG's paranoia but, more than anything, I'm pi**ed because this places restrictions on the good guys.....it's exactly what those friggin' towel heads want to accomplish.

Oh well, even still, it will be a great day.

Russ

I'm sure you guys are going to have a great spectacle on Thursday in spite of the CG icon_rolleyes.gif (Good point about the towel heads Russ icon_wink.gif!!!)

In case you haven't seen it here is a departure report from the good old Southampton Echo QM2 pages Southampton Echo Report

We will be watching with bated breath for TV news coverage next week.

Ken

Hey guys - lighten up on the Coast Guard - they do a damn good job for us here & I bet evryone would say they are happy to have their presence.

In the scheme of things the cancellation of the Circle Line trip is meaningless.

I'm sure on 4/25/04 there will great hoopla surrounding the sailings of both QM2 & the beloved QE2.

Be thankful we have the security.

Hey Linerguy, can you drop me an email? I don't have your email with me at the moment and wanted to write to you!

You are now being returned to your regularly scheduled topic. <g>

Archived