10th Aniversary, Q5 and all smiles

redswan

This will be our first cruise and I can't wait to experience what some consider the good or the bad. I just look forward to the Romantic New York to Caribbean 8 days with my wife of 10 years [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]I purchased a a bottle of 1994 Dominus just for the occasion - hope they let me bring it on board. Here's to all the other couples in Love taking the cruise!!!

You'll love the cruise! And you'll love the 1994 Dominus! Christophe or the others in the QG dining room will take care of you. If you have Patrick as your sommelier, he'll decant it for you. (Actually, you can/should ask any of them to decant it for you). Have a great time. Bon voyage!

By the ay we will be on the June 11th cruise. We are trying to decide which hotel we want to stay out now? We will arrive in NYC on the 8th. We are thinking the Hyatt Stanhope in order to be near Central Park as well as Met. Museum of Art.

The Stanhope is a lovely Hotel -great service- it was recently rennovated & to sit on the Patio on Fifth Avenus across from the Met while having cocktails is a treat & a wonderful "Miss Vale " type occassion.

Its also very easy to get a cab there to take you anywhere. Madison & Park avenues are at their best on that area and yes of course there is Central Park!

Muse Cruiser
Is this Patrick from the Princess Grill of QE2? He is now on QM2? He is quite knowledgeable as well as personable and was a blessing to us after the previous years sommelier, who had a rudimentary - at best - understanding of wine.

Redswan:
Agree with Rotterdam in regard to the Stanhope, which also serves a lovely Afternoon Tea in an intimate, elegant room, which has 8 tables at most, I believe.

A second choice might be the Plaza on Central Park South/Fifth Avenue (a mile down Fifth from the Met), which has a 1907 ambience (Edwardian in all rooms but one) and a most elegant tea in the Palm Court. The Plaza is close to the name shops on Fifth Avenue, the horse and buggy rides.

Jeanne

Archived