Upsell to suite

jsumomma

Only you can say if it is worth it to you. I have only taken one upsell but it was from standard balcony to full suite and it was a 12 night cruise so well worth it. If the cruise is longer it is a better deal, assume the $599 is per person?

It may not be a big deal but the cost of your travel insurance increases for the upsell based on the higher price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were just offered a suite upsell on Island Princess in May. Has anyone else received this and is it worth the uncharge? We are currently booked in a mini suite on Dolphin Deck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Totally depends. How long is the cruise? How much is the cost of the upsell? Without knowing the details there is no way to answer your question and, besides, what is "worth it" to one person isn't "worth it" to another.

If you don't respond immediately, it may be too late by the time you contact them. They send the offer to more people than they have upsells available, and first to respond gets it.

They give you a phone number to call. You will probably get voice mail - particularly if it is after business hours. They will then call back the next morning. If and when you talk with them, they will tell you what suites are available and at what price. You need to have done you homework in advance so you can respond immediately. Look at the deck plans and make sure you know every available suite and which ones you are willing to take.

Although all suites have the same perks, different suites have different advantages and disadvantages in location, size, and layout. For example, a suite with a forward facing balcony may have the balcony unusable while underway.

Do it! Breakfast at Sabatini's, complimentary same-day laundry, 1 mini bar set up, and a complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant on embarkation night, and Club Class section in MDR.

Just got off Regal in a suite... Not sure if I can cruise again in lower categories. LOL

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yes, you must act quick! On our last cruise 2 years ago, we were offered an upsell to a suite and I called my husband to discuss it. We debated about it for a bit and then I called back and got voice mail. By the time they got the voice mail, it was already taken :( Lesson learned by me. Take the upsell and beg forgiveness of the hubby later! LOL

Today must be the day that they are sending out upsell offers for May. We got one for our Alaska cruise on the Star and I saw that the only suite available was an aft facing cabin on Caribe deck so we went for it. The Alaska scenery is fantastic and being able to enjoy it from the aft of the ship was just too alluring to pass up. Same deal as your's.

We've had upsell offers in the past but never this early. They usually come no less than 30 days prior to sailing and we've accepted some and passed on others. But we have never had one for Alaska.

Full suites also get FREE unlimited laundry for the duration of the cruise. We enjoyed that very much on our Partial Panama Canal cruise!

If memory serves me right, full suites get priority over elites when it comes to the laundry.....:):):)

Bob

If memory serves me right, full suites get priority over elites when it comes to the laundry.....:):):)

Bob

I think you are correct. And the reason is because suite passengers have probably paid for the privilege to have those perks.

Anyway, to the OP, if you feel you can swing the price difference, I'd go for it. But beware, once you go suite, it is very, very, difficult to go back to even a mini-suite cabin. I can attest to this from personal experience.

Bob

Don't know about priority but they do have 2 big hoppers in the laundry where the bags first go, one is marked elite and the other suite/paid from memory. Same day service went somewhere else.

If you don't respond immediately, it may be too late by the time you contact them. They send the offer to more people than they have upsells available, and first to respond gets it.

Right, can't take much time to decide.

... But beware, once you go suite, it is very, very, difficult to go back to even a mini-suite cabin. I can attest to this from personal experience.

We did an upsell to a suite about 10 years ago and haven't sailed in anything less since then. Being bitten by the "Suite Upsell Bug" is a real possibility. I think it may even be a part of Princess strategy.

If you can swing it I'd go for it especially if it's an aft Vista Suite.

Today must be the day that they are sending out upsell offers for May. We got one for our Alaska cruise on the Star and I saw that the only suite available was an aft facing cabin on Caribe deck so we went for it. The Alaska scenery is fantastic and being able to enjoy it from the aft of the ship was just too alluring to pass up. Same deal as your's.

We've had upsell offers in the past but never this early. They usually come no less than 30 days prior to sailing and we've accepted some and passed on others. But we have never had one for Alaska.

That's awesome, enjoy that suite to Alaska!! :D

Bob

Suites receive free same day laundry service. Elites receive free next day laundry service.

I was on the same trans-Atlantic with Bob with a large number of Elites. Because of the large number of Elites, Elite laundry service sometimes took three or four days instead of the advertised two. However, suite laundry service was not affected. Put your laundry out early in the morning and it was back that evening. I normally put mine out the night before, since I normally bathe and change before dinner - not in the morning. The laundry was always back the next evening.

To all the people who have received an upsell offer. Are you all past customers or was it a 1st time on Princess for anyone?

The emails we got say it's offered "to our valued Captain's Circle members in blah-blah stateroom categories".

To all the people who have received an upsell offer. Are you all past customers or was it a 1st time on Princess for anyone?

I think it was our second Princess cruise and no offers since then. It came via phone from our TA at the time.

I don't know the answer to this but I always thought it's tied to the room you have booked at the time. That someone else wants your current room so a discounted rate to move up is a win-win for Princess.