Queen Victoria Dining Question

jkadventures

We are new to Cunard and have a question regarding availability of tables for two in the QV Britannia Dining Room. Whilst we understand these are never guaranteed, we have not been able to see how many of tables for two are generally available from pictures or schematics of the dining room. So have many of you Cunard regulars received the table size you requested or is it pretty much a gamble based on demand. Would upgrading to the Club Britannia venue increase our chances? Thanks in advance for any info!

We are new to Cunard and have a question regarding availability of tables for two in the QV Britannia Dining Room. Whilst we understand these are never guaranteed, we have not been able to see how many of tables for two are generally available from pictures or schematics of the dining room. So have many of you Cunard regulars received the table size you requested or is it pretty much a gamble based on demand. Would upgrading to the Club Britannia venue increase our chances? Thanks in advance for any info!

My suggestion - Upgrade to Club with Select Fare.

Cunard seems to offer a fair number of two's in Britannia on all three ships. However, give some thought to enjoying a sharing table for dinner. I have met all manner of interesting people on every one of my Cunard sailings and have never regretted a large table with strangers. Breakfast and Lunch is open seating and if you wish time alone with your special someone, tables for two are always available during these meals. Just request one at the door.

I have been told the earlier you book the more likely you are to get the type of table you have requested.

When you board, you will find in your cabin a card with your table number and whether you are first or second seating. We have always gone down to the dining room and located our table. If it was not to our liking, we would then request a change ( like by the kitchen door). We usually ask for a table of 6. Or if we are not sure we like the table, we try it the first night to see if we really need to switch.

Edited by bellemere
let out word

Sailed twice in the last two years Select Fare always had table for two, if it helps there was always free twos where we have been sitting as some twos are in a line on QV close together which is fine by us nice to pass away what we have done that day with those on next table.

Mrs Blue Sky

My Wife and I are booked on a Q.V. cruise. and have asked for a table for 2 in the Queens Grill and note that on the paperwork we have it is as ‘not confirmed’.

So as the posts above, I am assuming that this will be ‘confirmed’ once we are on board.

We have no objection with sharing a table, but some years ago on a cruise we had to share a table with the same people for 7 lunches and 7 dinners!

Not to be forgotten!

My Wife and I are booked on a Q.V. cruise. and have asked for a table for 2 in the Queens Grill and note that on the paperwork we have it is as ‘not confirmed’.

So as the posts above, I am assuming that this will be ‘confirmed’ once we are on board.

We have no objection with sharing a table, but some years ago on a cruise we had to share a table with the same people for 7 lunches and 7 dinners!

Not to be forgotten!

Yes your table number and size will be confirmed on board. There will be a card in your cabin, which you can take to the restaurant at lunchtime, to hand to the Maitre d’ It is likely you will be allocated the table for two you have requested.

Have a great time.

• 3 weeks later...

In our experience in MDRs (and on QV in November) everyone is assigned a seat to start. Then after the first night there is a fair bit of "breakage" - people changing seatings or table mates or just eating in the buffet or pub or room service. So do ask on embarkation day, and if not wait a day and see if there are openings. And they will sometimes maintain a wait list. There are a lot of tables for two. But they are, as reported, sometimes close together.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you get your table for two but...Just on a Cunard Cruise last fall and a couple at our table were very irate that they did not get the requested table for two. Don't know how late in the booking they requested but things don't always go our way. My wife and I really enjoy the table for 6. Lots of fun exchanges and if one couple is not that social you always have the other couple to chat with. We have been pleased with our tablemates and this is our 9th Cunard. Yes we like the White Star Service.

We were assigned to a large table, first seating, on the Queen Victoria, sailing from Rio to Ft.Lauderdale (disembarked yesterday). On the first evening (around 6 PM) we requested, from the maitre d', if a table for two became available we'd appreciate it. On the 3rd day out, we received a call from the maitre d', advising us that that he had a table. About a week later he called to see if we were happy with our table, as the table for two adjacent to ours had a French speaking couple, with whom we got along with fine. We thanked him. That was great guest relations.

Hope you are successful.

Good luck with your preferences. Because I book a saver fare (UK), I am often allocated second seating, which I do not want. I have never had trouble changing to first seating by going to see the Maitre d' on the first afternoon (time in the programme) and asking for a change.

If I were you, I would not change to Club just in hope of getting a 2-seater without doing a bit of research on this forum. I have heard many criticisms of Club, especially if you are a person who is sensitive to noise, as the rooms are just below the public areas of the ship. When my sister recently booked Club, I was very glad that I had read lots of comments and could pass on to her the pros and cons. She finally decided to go for a quieter room and changed her booking to a normal Balcony.