First to board for purchase

antsp

:(you've got to be kidding me - seriously? - link, cost, language?:mad::mad:(n)

It's in my cruise personalizer, under Onboard Reservations, for cruise next week on Royal. I don't know how to embed photos, but here's the wording:

"Princess Advance Boarding

- Enjoy special access to the priority line upon arrival at the Terminal on embarkation day"

When I clicked through to see cost, details, all I got was an error message..

Remains to be seen how this plays out. So many already in the priority lines, it's faster to use the regular ones!! Lol..

If available, you can do the same thing by booking a "Bon Voyage Experience" for your sailing. It's $39/pp but that may be applied to a future cruise.

You can't book the Bon Voyage for yourself if you are on the sailing. You can book for friends to join you, link your account and then board with them.

Not all "Priority Boarding" is the same. When we boarded the Ruby Princess in San Pedro in November the order of priority check-in was:

Wedding party

Elite and Platinum

BVE

Full Suite and Club Class

General

The order of boarding was:

Wedding Party

BVE

Elite

Platinum

Full Suite and Club Class

General

I wonder where the Princess Advanced Boarding priority would fall in the above list, probably after Full Suite and Club Class.

i see Princess will now allow you to pay for advanced boarding, the race to the bottom continues

I whole heartedly agree with you! They have just so diluted our Elite benefit that we all spent so much money earning.

Interesting. Makes me wonder if they will start enforcing the assigned boarding times (remember when they began enforcing the wine limit after years of having a stated limit but ignoring it at boarding)?

FWIW, I don’t see this option yet listed for my next cruise in April.

Maybe it’s another weekend change to their website that is not fully functional yet. Or possibly it’s being tested at one port. There’s not enough information yet to determine if or when this charge would be implemented at all ports fleetwide.

However based on these posts, it’s obviously planned for some cruises. With so many priority boarding passengers (elite, platinum, suite, BVE, wedding) the addition of a paid priority boarding option is a bad decision. Our Royal TA last Fall had 1500 elite plus many platinum passengers which meant over half of the passengers had priority boarding.

Princess doesn’t need a Carnival Faster To The Fun paid priority boarding to further dilute this Captain’s Circle benefit.

OMG, this is getting ridiculous. There will be so many priority boarding people that no one will be in the general boarding! Very annoying. Why bother getting to Elite if they're diluting our benefits? Makes me want to move onto other cruise lines.

Yeah I agree not right , they should leave the benefits the way they are .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread says it is being offered at $49 per Booking. Wonder what they will charge for next.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2606447

Thanks...wonder if it’ll be like Carnival’s FTTF program costing $49,95-$79.95 per cabin depending upon length of cruise.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-%28fttf%29

It’s not only what they’ll charge for next but what they’ll eliminate next. Coffee cards now expire at the end of the year & are no longer valid at Gelato’s on the Royal/Regal and eliminating Happy Hour BOGO$1 are a few recent examples.

They’re struggling to implement Ocean Medallion as promised to improve passengers experience. At the same time they’re eliminating such things that improve my experience as we await ***** to make it easier to make purchases.

Princess management has lost sight of what’s made them so successful with their core repeat passengers.