Princess email response time?

Jimorel

Does anyone have experience with emailing Princess customer service. I am wondering how long (if ever) it might take to get a reply? I emailed Lisa Black about a problem on March 12. Are there so many complaints that it takes a long time to get an answer, or do they even answer back?

It will depend on the reason for your email, the resarch needed on it and what the solution might be. Could take a little longer or a few months or you may never hear fom them. After all it is a huge corporation.

I emailed Princess regarding my dissatisfaction with a recent CB cruise and did not hear back for 10 days or so. I e-mailed Ms. Black and received a call within a week. Unfortunately it was not a very 'user friendly' dialogue. A follow up e-mail prompted another call from the same person with the same negative results. Another e-mail and I was called by a different person with a more positive and direct approach but by then my Princess enthusiasm had disappeared and we decided to move on to MSC and retain X as a favorite.

During one early call when I commented that I had not heard anything for ten days I was told 'that was nothing' it usually takes 2-3 weeks to respond.

Good luck. While I appreciate that Ms. Black forwarded my concerns for response, a direct, empathetic, approach at the start would have likely kept me sailing Princess ie. their response frustrated me more that the cruise issues.

I emailed Princess regarding my dissatisfaction with a recent CB cruise and did not hear back for 10 days or so. I e-mailed Ms. Black and received a call within a week. Unfortunately it was not a very 'user friendly' dialogue. A follow up e-mail prompted another call from the same person with the same negative results. Another e-mail and I was called by a different person with a more positive and direct approach but by then my Princess enthusiasm had disappeared and we decided to move on to MSC and retain X as a favorite.

During one early call when I commented that I had not heard anything for ten days I was told 'that was nothing' it usually takes 2-3 weeks to respond.

Good luck. While I appreciate that Ms. Black forwarded my concerns for response, a direct, empathetic, approach at the start would have likely kept me sailing Princess ie. their response frustrated me more that the cruise issues.

I emailed Ms. Black over two weeks ago and I haven't even heard a peep, while I really enjoyed my Regal Princess cruise, I DON'T BELIEVE PRINCESS VALUES ME AS A CUSTOMER!! They only want thoney!

I emailed Ms. Black over two weeks ago and I haven't even heard a peep, while I really enjoyed my Regal Princess cruise, I DON'T BELIEVE PRINCESS VALUES ME AS A CUSTOMER!! They only want thoney!

Well consider yourself fortunate if the don't have the person who called me respond to you.

I was smoking after I got off the phone with her (both times). ' We're sorry but there is nothing we can do.' We're sorry bit maybe the next cruise will be better' We're sorry but ...... zero empathy or taking any responsibility for any issues we had. We went around in circles for 20 minutes like this.

It would be nice if Ms. Black would give you the courtesy of a response.

We had a high regard for Princess from our previous cruises (especially my wife) and now want nothing to do with them.

Without knowing why you emailed Princes how is anyone supposed to know whether their response even made sense for your situation. Ranting here that Princess doesn't value you as a customer and wanting a different Princess rep to contact you only shows you are upset about something sometime somewhere. Good luck gtting it resolved to YOUR satisfaction.

Without knowing why you emailed Princes how is anyone supposed to know whether their response even made sense for your situation. Ranting here that Princess doesn't value you as a customer and wanting a different Princess rep to contact you only shows you are upset about something sometime somewhere. Good luck gtting it resolved to YOUR satisfaction.

You make a very good point about not knowing the content of my email. So briefly, I was flat out lied to by passenger services while onboard and all I have asked for is an reasonable explanation to a question I posed about OBC. I emailed Lisa Black with that request ( the same request that passenger services lied about) and asked for the simple explanation from Princess. I realize that I may not like their explanation and I will be fine with that, at least I will have their reasoning and not a flat out lie. You may ask how I know it is a flat out lie, because I proved it to passenger services and the rep. even looked up my account and saw that I was right and still denied that it happened.

I do not believe I have ever asked for a different Princess rep. I just want to know the reasoning behind it.

They are very good at platitudes and hollow apologies and bad at directly addressing issues. I have had a consecutive chain of unsatisfactory phone calls. It seems like an assembly line of callers who don't even no what they are 'apologizing' about. I am done with Princess.

I am more frustrated with their customer service approach than my initial cruise problems.

Have invested too much time trying to simply get a sympathetic ear. If ONE person did any research on areas of concern and reported intelligently I would be happy.

To get the wasted time and marginal cruise off my chest and move on I am going to send a note to their upper management team expressing my dissatisfaction and move on.

Sorry for the rant, (I was on the phone this AM with them).

• 2 months later...

I cannot believe I stumbled upon this post... I seem to fit right in. LONG story short, but I had an issue with a back-to-back sailing aboard Crown Princess in February. I wrote an e-mail, then another after no response, and finally another. It took ONE MONTH to finally get a response from Princess. When I did, it was an extremely arrogant woman name Julie Ann Hurley. She kept telling me she speaks on behalf of the Executive Team and she is as far as I can go in the company (I highly doubt a Customer Service rep in a call center is the highest you can go in a multimillion dollar corporation). She refused any type of refund and would only give a future cruise credit. I told her after this experience I did not want to sail on Princess again and that a future credit does me no good. She did not care. So next I tried to send a letter to Jan Swartz and Lisa Black. What happens... Julie responds. I cannot believe they had her respond to me again with the EXACT same lines. It was extremely frustrating. At this point, I decided I needed to take it farther. I sent a letter in the mail to Micky Arison and Arnold Donald. Last night as we were making dinner.... the phone rings. I hope you are sitting down for this.... Julie calls again!!! I went beyond Princess to Carnival Corporation to complain about Julie and instead of having her supervisor or anyone else in the company contact me, they actually had Julie do it again. Same lines, not budging, nothing. I have never been so speechless in my life... and I am never speechless. Princess/Carnival should be embarrassed. When you complain about someone, the last person on Earth the company should send to respond to you is that person herself. Yet they repeatedly kept sending her to me. Sadly, I was a Platinum member on Princess, and will no longer sail with them. We are already booked on Celebrity for next year. Bon Voyage Princess!

I cannot believe I stumbled upon this post... I seem to fit right in. LONG story short, but I had an issue with a back-to-back sailing aboard Crown Princess in February. I wrote an e-mail, then another after no response, and finally another. It took ONE MONTH to finally get a response from Princess. When I did, it was an extremely arrogant woman name Julie Ann Hurley. She kept telling me she speaks on behalf of the Executive Team and she is as far as I can go in the company (I highly doubt a Customer Service rep in a call center is the highest you can go in a multimillion dollar corporation). She refused any type of refund and would only give a future cruise credit. I told her after this experience I did not want to sail on Princess again and that a future credit does me no good. She did not care. So next I tried to send a letter to Jan Swartz and Lisa Black. What happens... Julie responds. I cannot believe they had her respond to me again with the EXACT same lines. It was extremely frustrating. At this point, I decided I needed to take it farther. I sent a letter in the mail to Micky Arison and Arnold Donald. Last night as we were making dinner.... the phone rings. I hope you are sitting down for this.... Julie calls again!!! I went beyond Princess to Carnival Corporation to complain about Julie and instead of having her supervisor or anyone else in the company contact me, they actually had Julie do it again. Same lines, not budging, nothing. I have never been so speechless in my life... and I am never speechless. Princess/Carnival should be embarrassed. When you complain about someone, the last person on Earth the company should send to respond to you is that person herself. Yet they repeatedly kept sending her to me. Sadly, I was a Platinum member on Princess, and will no longer sail with them. We are already booked on Celebrity for next year. Bon Voyage Princess!

Sorry for your (our) shared bad experience. My correspondence was with Ms. Black and if she had simply taken time to send a brief e-mail sometime during this saga it would have been appreciated. Her shoving things off to a subordinate (and one who handles thing poorly) signaled me that we were just a nuisance to get rid of. We have held firm on our exclusion of Princess and it took a lot of (IMHO) bad customer service on their part to get us to that point.

We had harbored a very positive sentiment for Princess (three previous cruises) which was turned completely around after our poor cruise experience and mishandled customer service efforts.

The good new is X has been wonderful for us and I am sure you will enjoy this line.

We have booked an MSC Yacht Class cruise next year which we are excited about and also

a Royal Caribbean cruise in Europe this fall. Happy sailing.

Sorry for your (our) shared bad experience. My correspondence was with Ms. Black and if she had simply taken time to send a brief e-mail sometime during this saga it would have been appreciated. Her shoving things off to a subordinate (and one who handles thing poorly) signaled me that we were just a nuisance to get rid of. We have held firm on our exclusion of Princess and it took a lot of (IMHO) bad customer service on their part to get us to that point.

We had harbored a very positive sentiment for Princess (three previous cruises) which was turned completely around after our poor cruise experience and mishandled customer service efforts.

The good new is X has been wonderful for us and I am sure you will enjoy this line.

We have booked an MSC Yacht Class cruise next year which we are excited about and also

a Royal Caribbean cruise in Europe this fall. Happy sailing.

I could not agree more. Pushing things off like that is what made this worse. They had every opportunity to make this right and they failed at every point. I cannot believe so many people had similar experiences. I just wrote to Cruise Travel magazine about this... hopefully it gets published and will alert Princess to stop doing things the way they are. Make a change and help your customers... cause you are losing them fast!

I e-mailed them about a problem with my online account, and never got a response. I called twice and hung up after being on hold for over twenty minutes each time. I called a third time and spoke with someone who told me to call back earlier in the day because the people who could help me had all gone home. I called a final time, and a very helpful person solved my problem in about five minutes. Not the experience, but my problem was solved in the end, and that’s what matters. Seems like they might be understaffed in this area.