NCL Bliss to sail from New York 2019/2020

toutou

The 7 and 8 day itineraries are dull but I guess that the ship is the destination.

dull yes, but that is the only cruises they can do out of NYC. Looks like this are all December to March cruises. After what the breakaway went thru, i am surprised NCL is sending the new ship to this area. Makes me wonder what will happen if the Bliss is stuck in a rough storm like what happen to the breakaway

So many of us love to fly to Miami in the winter for a cruise. I was set to book the Bliss for the next couple of years in January or February. Guess I'll have to see what else they will put in Miami. Air to NY in the winter is too crazy to count on:(

Bliss is a cold-weather ship (inboard lifeboats, forward observation lounge, etc). It never made sense that she was being deployed to Miami. NY makes much more sense for Bliss as compared with Escape.

That said, none of NCL's fleet is really suited to cold weather cruises. Anymore, if I'm going to go on a cruise with a chance of inclement weather, I choose another cruise line like HAL or P&O. Maybe Leonardo-class will win me back?

Bliss is a cold-weather ship (inboard lifeboats, forward observation lounge, etc). It never made sense that she was being deployed to Miami. NY makes much more sense for Bliss as compared with Escape.

no indoor swimming pool or a pool with a retractable roof. Only the haven has that which sucks i think. The best cruising experience i had during the cold winter weather was a on Carnival ship watching the retractable roof close. As soon as that roof closed, it make the deck feel a bit different.

Interesting, I don't see a return ( from West coast to East coast) Panama Canal cruise in late 2019.

I'm sure it has to be there for when it reposition to New York.

Yeah there is currently a gap from November 3 to November 24 2019. Would be nice if they did it straight from LA to NYC, but that's doubtful.

dull yes, but that is the only cruises they can do out of NYC. Looks like this are all December to March cruises.

They can do other cruises out of NYC. Two years ago did a 10 day Thursday to Sunday bracketed around President's Day to Eastern Caribbean.

...After what the breakaway went thru, i am surprised NCL is sending the new ship to this area. Makes me wonder what will happen if the Bliss is stuck in a rough storm like what happen to the breakaway

Minus a few cruises, Breakaway has been very successful in the NYC area.

no indoor swimming pool or a pool with a retractable roof. Only the haven has that which sucks i think. The best cruising experience i had during the cold winter weather was a on Carnival ship watching the retractable roof close. As soon as that roof closed, it make the deck feel a bit different.

Pretty sure the RC boat out of Bayonne has an indoor swimming pool or at least one with a retractable roof

Escape is probably going to return to Miami for Winter 2019-20, unless they decide to put Breakaway Plus IV in the Caribbean instead of China.

Escape has been our favorite so I was looking forward to the Bliss sailing out of Miami every winter. From everything we have seen about the Bliss it looks like a contender for my next favorite ship, but we like to sail where it's warm so Alaska isn't what we are looking for. We have have plenty of snow here we are trying to get away from.

Flying to New York in the winter is a no-go for us. Too many problems with flight delays in the winter. (Have you seen reports they have another storm hitting the east cost this week-end just as people would be traveling to cruise?) Also, we want to enjoy our balcony from day one of a cruise!

Love your idea of the ship after Bliss coming to the Caribbean instead of China. (yn)

We've been really excited to try the Bliss and were thrilled to see that it's coming to NYC (drivable for our family of 5....flying adds a massive cost). That said...what are the odds of them adding a third and fourth guest sail free perk, seeing that it's a new ship in a new location. Slim to none? I did a mock booking and it's not currently an option. We can't really justify the nearly 10k CDN cost. ;p Anyone have experience when other new ships have been introduced? Or should I just hush up and wait and see? :)

So what is the west Coast going to have during the winter? I was pretty stoked that we were going to have a large new ship parked on the left shore.

Bliss was never doing winter on the west coast, next winter she will be in Miami the following now New York, she will probably only sail Summers on the West Coast.

So what is the west Coast going to have during the winter? I was pretty stoked that we were going to have a large new ship parked on the left shore.

The NCL Bliss was always scheduled to be in the East coast during winter wether it was in Miami or New York. It was never scheduled to stay in the West Coast permanently once it finished the Alaska season.

Princess might keep Royal Princess in the west coast (pretty new ship)

Carnival will have one the the larger ships as well, Carnival Splendor ( not really new but a bigger ship)