Delivery Service to Melbourne

jim_mve

This may be an unusual question, but if someone can answer it on this board it could save me a lot of time trying to get information else where. I will be on Diamond Princess stopping in Melbourne on Jan 30th (about the middle of a total 3 1/2 week trip). I need to get some important documents while on the trip. I would like to get them sent from the U.S. by DHL or Fedex to Melborne to be held at their local office (maybe near the airport?).

Does anyone know which is better DHL or Fedex?

And where is their office?

And, would the office be accessible from the cruise ship pier by taxi, bus or train?

I would probably have the documents sent to arrive a day before I will be there.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Both DHL and Fedex have very large networks here in OZ. I have used both to receive packages from the States and never had a problem with either.

Both DHL and FEDEX have a good worldwide online tracking network to enable you to keep track of things if needed.

:)

I don't think I would have delivery to the dock, documents can get waylaid too easily this way.

As 30 Jan is a Monday it maybe best to have delivery on Friday 27 to be sure it will be there for when you are. Let them know that pickup will be from their office... which ever one you decide on.

Fedex probably best for location... check this site for addresses and opening times for Melbourne Fedex offices.

Cheers,

Kim

Archived