Star Away on time

Star-Man

When are these damned QLD'ers gonna get their act together and join the rest of the country:D .

Karen

Karmac, I'm an old Queenslander and I have lived here in NSW for the last 15 years and I absolutely hate daylight saving. Maybe by another 15 years (if I'm lucky) I'll get used to it. It wasn't so bad when they finished in early March but now it's longer and I don't like going to work in the dark of early morning. I start 5 am, first one there, bit scary. By the way, I love the banter with you guys.

I LOVE daylight savings. I reckon it should go from long weekend in Oct to 1st weekend after Easter. That way, both long weekends have daylight savings. Great if you are going camping as we like to do.

Karen

When are these damned QLD'ers gonna get their act together and join the rest of the country:D .

Karen

Karen, that's the question the sensible people in Queensland have been asking for a long time.

Unfortunately the sensible people are in the minority, so the pilots can still happily welcome passengers to Brisbane and remind them to put their watches back an hour, and their minds back 5 years.... Which show some improvement, when I came here it was 10 ;)

I've lived in Queensland for nearly 12 years, and yet everyday I find something new to suprise me in terms of the attitudes and ideas that Queenslanders have.

But I have to admit I've come to enjoy it up here - and can't see myself moving back down south (Melbourne) in too much of a hurry.

Kym

I have been in Qld for 6 years, I will never get used to not having daylight savings, some mornings I wake at 5 am and it is bright daylight, and can't get back to sleep. It would be so nice to have some hours of daylight when the kids get home from school and adults get home from work. I can appreciate people getting up at 5 and going to work in the dark and not enjoying it, but you have to admit, that is not the average person, the majority of people work 9-5 jobs. There is nothing better than enjoying the lighter evenings of the south. I wouldn't move south ever again, I really love Qld and our weather on the Sunshine Coast. Qld is amazingly backwards in some ways, I hope one day we get longer shopping hours too.

ps. I could comment on the people that say things like the carpets and curtains will fade, the cows won't know what time to get milked, and now.... we'll get more skin cancer.... get real. How stupid can you get????

[in some ways, I hope one day we get longer shopping hours too.

ps. I could comment on the people that say things like the carpets and curtains will fade, the cows won't know what time to get milked, and now.... we'll get more skin cancer.... get real. How stupid can you get????

Even Beattie mentioned the skin cancer thing. what a clown:confused:

Bring on daylight savings, and drag us kicking and screaimng into this century

Even Beattie mentioned the skin cancer thing. what a clown:confused:

Yes, but was he joking or was he serious?? He contradicted himself so many times that week it became impossible to know when he was being serious and when he was joking!

I didn't live in QLD during the Joh era, but I'm starting to get a good idea what it might have been like.

Anyway, enough politics.... Back to the topic :)..... They certainly seem to have go their act together at Hamilton. I don't think there's ever been so many consecutive on time (or as near to ontime) sailings as there's been lately.

Yes, back to the topic, I watched the Star leave Brisbane on the 4th, it left 20 minutes late, and I watched it go under the bridge on cruisecam, through the pouring rain. It got me really excited about our cruise, 21 more sleeps....

Archived