Miami on Superbowl Sunday

joeyjeremiah

I just realized that we disembark from our cruise on Super Bowl Sunday. We have a flight out of MIA at 8:30 am the following day so we will be staying in Miami for the night. I am travelling with my husband who is a huge football fan, my 13 year old son who goes back on forth on his enjoyment of football and my mother in law who isn't all that interested in the game. So I am looking for suggestions on somewhere other than our hotel room where we can watch the game but it would be great if there was something else to do nearby. I haven't booked my post cruise hotel room yet so location is flexible and we were thinking about renting a car for the day. Any good suggestions on a great place to catch the game/grab a room for the night?

The Super Bowl will be playing at a lot of places here in Miami. Lots of sports bars and restaurants will be playing it throughout the area. Some places will be more family friendly and some will be more about the parties.

A lot of it will depend on what kind of hotel you are looking for and your price range. Since Miami is so large, it's hard to give advice on where to watch without knowing that.

Thanks cj. I am trying to stay at about $300 or less for the room for the night and don’t want to be more than about 25-30 minute drive to the airport. We’ll be heading to the airport for about 6:30 am so traffic shouldn’t be much of an issue.

We are looking for something a bit more family friendly and not so much about the party. We will have a few drinks and enjoy the game but do have an early morning flight and flying hungover isn’t fun.

I had contemplated renting a cabana at a resort in south beach at a resort where the cabanas had TVs but the ones I was finding were outside of my budget at about $2000 for the day after you include the mandatory food and beverage purchases and the rental fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest a hotel in Downtown Miami, maybe look at the Intercontinental. Bayside Marketplace is just through the park across from the hotel. It's family friendly and many of the restaurants have TVs, so you can have some dinner, a bit of game watching, shopping, walking around, etc.