Have you ever purchased tickets online for the Old Town Trolley Tour?

mdr

I am thinking about purhcasing tickets online from Tours of America for the Old Town Trolley tour in Key West. I was wondering if anyone else has purchased tickets from them or anyone else via the internet? The tickets are $19.80 each online and $29.00 each with Carnival. :)

I agree - purchasing them in person is the way to go. If I may offer a bit of unsolicited advice, consider the Conch Train as well if you have a limited amount of time. We were there last Tuesday and got tickets for the trolley, thinking how neat that we could just hop on and off. They tell you trolleys go by every 15 minutes. We were stuck at the Southernmost Point stop - at the other end of the island from Mallory Square - for an HOUR. Considering that our boat was only there 7-2 (back onboard at 1:30), that totally messed us up. The Conch Train does all the same stuff. It slows down at the big points like Southernmost so you can take pictures. If you really want to spend time at a place that is not within convenient walking distance, take a taxi, bike taxi, etc to conserve your time.

The place where you get on the trolley is a 5 minute walk from where the ships dock (at least he HAL ship that I was on). If you buy on-line you get a 10% discount from the regular price (or at least they did last time I bought). I enjoyed the trolley and when I went they ran every 30 minutes so we never waited too long (but we had a full day in KW). We stopped and toured the Audubon House, Hemingway's house and took the trolley the full circle. We had a little time left over to nose around some shops.

I purchased the Old Town Trolley tickets on-line just a week or so ago for our upcoming Glory cruise. Just printed off the e-ticket once you submitted your information. We're planning on going to the kiosk or whatever right in Mallory Square to start our tour.

Thanks everyone for your input! I think I will go ahead and purchase the tickets online.

mnsawyer, when are you sailing on the Glory? We will be on the 5/7/05 cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
I purchased the Old Town Trolley tickets on-line just a week or so ago for our upcoming Glory cruise. Just printed off the e-ticket once you submitted your information. We're planning on going to the kiosk or whatever right in Mallory Square to start our tour.

Do you have a website for purchasing online?

Just wanted to give everyone a quick review of Old Town Trolley...we had a hard time trying to find someone to tell us which trolley to go on...lots of people, not much room and lots of trolleys coming and going at the location in old town. The Conch Train seemed to be an easier location but this was fine. Our guide was wonderful and we saw the best sights on Key West and beyond. You never could have found all of these places on your own and again, the tour guide was so informative. It was hot in Key West and wish we had have had more time there...by the time you get off the ship and go through customs, take the trolley into town, it takes up quite a bit of time. We were off the ship around 12:30 and didn't start the trolley until 2:00 p.m. and we didn't stop off anywhere to browse, shop, etc. Lots of people buying beer, soda, water, etc., in Key West and it was packed! While the Old Town Trolley tour was excellent, I would have liked to spent some time in town since there is so much to see. Didn't get off at one stop because we were concerned about time and we didn't pick up many passengers along the way.

If you want to just "beach it" for the day, the shuttle which is really the conch train trolley stops right at the entrance of Ft. Zachary Taylor which is very close to the cruise dock. There don't seem to be alot of amenities there so you would need to take everything with you but the beach seemed the nicest as few beaches go in KW. Lots of people on our trolley got off there. They do check you sail and sign cards and photo id's on the way back so be sure to have them with you!

Any questions you have, let me know!

Archived