Rachel Ray goes to Bermuda

maggieworkman

Rachel Ray from the Food Network went to Bermuda on her $40 a Day show. I thought some people might be interested in the information.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ad/episode/0,1976,FOOD_9947_34298,00.html

She went to a place called Aggie's for breakfast and had an orange/coconut scone. Then she went to Frescos for lunch and had Bermuda Fish Chowder. She had a cocktail at the Swizzle Inn. For dinner she went to the Hog Penny Pub and had Chicken Masala.

In many of the shots during the TV show you could see cruise ships in the background.

Maggie

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back on Sunday from Bermuda on the Horizon and were taking a walk in Hamilton and stumbled upon the entrance to Aggie's. You go down about five flights of steps from the street down to the tiny cafe which has a tiny garden overlooking the docks area. Aggie was extremely friendly and, when I asked her about Rachael Ray, she was very polite, but "implied" that Rachel was somewhat pushy and bossy and determined to get her way in everything. But it was all said with genteel British accents and was far less harsh than if we Americans had said the same thing. :) They made delicious cookies which I had with iced coffee, as it was in the 80s the day we were there.

Allen

Archived