Review Millenium Transatlantic

Jamara

I have never written a review but here goes.

We arrived at the port around 11.40am and there was a very large queue which came out of the building and back far as the road. Many people were not happy to stand in the Florida sun. We found a porter and got tags for our bags attached quickly, he immediately advised us that a donation would be appreciated! we always tip but never before the bags are taken.
It took us 1hour and ten minutes to check in and board the ship.The Captains Club queue was very long and many people joined the other check in which moved very quickly.
Once on board all was well - drinks,pictures and welcomes so off we went to our cabin. It was ready and we left our carry on bags and went down to check our table in the restaurant. We had requested a table for 2 but were allocated a table for eight. We went to the Rendevous lounge to speak to the Maitre'd but it seemed like everyone had the same idea. We gave our stateroom number and then joined the crowd who were waiting. It was a nightmare!! this was a wait of 1hour and 20 minutes, many people were complaining and although we did get our choice I feel that X must review this process. We booked last year and they knew our requirements. For anyone who really cares about this the staff advised us that X now has a policy that all guests will get their table request.

Our bags arrived very quickly and were in our room when we got there after a quick look round the ship. The buffet was open for lunch although we did not eat.
Our cabin was good,8150 and our cabin steward was there for any little or big request we had. He was called Missimo( I think)and kept everything ship shape. A lovely man who was good at his job.
There are little signs of wear and tear but overall the ship is very clean and well cared for. The things we noticed were carpet joins being held down with tape, worn items of sanitary ware and well used linens but this was no big deal.

The food at all meals in the restaurant were of a very high standard. Good choice and a few new items on the menu. Our waiter was Irfan and he was a delight. He has sailed on many X ships and took great care of us. We did not eat any buffet food so cannot comment. The Aqua Spa served the best lunches and the soup and sandwiches were also very good.

We did not eat at the Olympic as the 2 nights we tried to book were full - it pays to book before you go!

We drank wine with dinner every night and found the choices to be very good, a nice range with reasonable prices as well as those special bottles for the formal nights.

The formal nights were just that and 90% of the people did make a special effort to dress up. There were the few who chose not to but they looked out of place but I guess they were happy.

The entertainment on this cruise was the best I have ever seen,the range was great and there was something for everyone. I must say that Edwin is a great CD and he seemed to speak to everyone who passed him and always looked so happy I am sure it rubbed off on others.

The weather was not kind and the crossing was windy and cool. Many people still lay by the pool but most of them were wrapped in towels with only their face on display. The T pool area was always very busy and people we spoke to told us that they "booked" their loungers at 7am!!!

I do not have time to discuss the ports of call but I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Over all the things which could be improved I have mentioned above but we had a great cruise, the service, food and overall satndards are 5 star. The staff are a delight and so well trained they almost think for you. Getting off the ship was so easy, we had been allocated a time of 7.40am and we were called at the exact time - off the ship and at the airport in 40 minutes.

We will cruise X again but would avoid the Transatlantic as the weather is not predictable, thankyou Celebrity you traeted us famously.
Please post any questions you may have as I will be more than happy to respond.

Mimi2, we did stop at Bermuda but the weather was not kind to us. It was raining and overcast the seas were also rough. Most of the tours were cancelled and so most folks just looked around the dockyard area and then returned to the ship.

The weather in the evening was windy, we had booked the glass bottom boat tour but it was cancelled due the the bad weather.

What we did see was very nice, a few good shops around the dockyard and the area is very interesting. I hope you have better luck with the weather when you visit.

Lorelle, I am sure you will enjoy your crossing especially if you love sea days. We tried to do something every day. We did a few of the talks, wine tasting/blending read our books and enjoyed the ship.

If you want any spa treatments on the sea days I suggest you book very quickly as some days were fully booked.

We loved it and cannot wait to book our next cruise, if fact I am already looking!!

Thanks for the imput Jamara we just sailed the trans-canal on the Millennium and it is just the most beautiful ship, can't wait for our trip in November. Lorelle

Hello Lorelle...My husband and I will be on board the Millenium, Nov 7 as well. We are most definitely looking forward to this transatlantic crossing. We've never done one before. Most postings on a transatlantic have been very, very positive so I am envisioning a fantastic time. Wish I could fast forward it, but then life has so much more to squeeze in between and I surely do not what to miss it! Have you signed up for the cruise party (I think that's what they call it) to meet onboard?

Susan and (Frank)
Alexandria, VA

Yes I have signed up for the cruise critic party it's fun to meet the people from the board. Have you cruised on Celebrity? it is a wonderful cruise line. Lorelle

Lorelle:

We have never had the pleasure of cruising on Celebrity; in fact we are fairly new to crusing with just a few minor cruises under our belts. But this transatlantic cruise sounded enticing, relaxing with lots of nice possibilities to it.
Have you cruised on the Millenium?

Susan

Is booking lounge chairs by the T-Pool a new thing? Do you have to book them at the spa desk? Is there a charge?

Millennium - 6/2/04 - Mediteranean
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;5;30;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Infinity - 12/5/04 - Hawaii - Infinitinis
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Shadow, there is no official booking at the T
pool but people were out there very early putting all sorts of things on the loungers to ensure that they had their spot.

It was impossible to get anywhere near from around 9 am each morning. I am sure it would not have happend if the weather had been better.

On the October 26, 2003 transatlatic, we had beautiful weather for most of the cruise and the T-Pool loungers were fully occupied early and long. There was usually room in the pool itself.

Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lovely12no:
Lorelle:

We have never had the pleasure of cruising on Celebrity; in fact we are fairly new to crusing with just a few minor cruises under our belts. But this transatlantic cruise sounded enticing, relaxing with lots of nice possibilities to it.
Have you cruised on the Millenium?

Susan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes Susan, we cruised on the Mille in March we did the Panama Canal cruise from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego we really enjoyed ourselves that is why we book this Trans Atlantic cruise so soon. We have cruised before but we weren't really avid cruisers until now. Celebrity really made an impression on us. Lorelle

Archived