Has anyone seen the Viking ship dispalyed on the TV show 'Mighty Cruise Ships' yet?

SmoothFlying

I haven't had a chance too see the show yet and was wondering what those who have sailed on her thought about it. I loved the past shows dealing with the Oasis, Epic and the Breakaway I hope they continue showcasing cruising (especially medium and large cruise ships) well, maybe some smaller HAL and Seaborn would be 'okay' too (just KIDDING!) as I know some don't even like those bigger ships. I hope the show will generate even more interest in cruising and maybe those who are sitting on the fence MIGHT consider actually trying one! Just MHO. How do you feel about these types of shows? Pro OR con for the industry?

Mac

Got a call from my Viking TA on Sunday who alerted me to its broadcast on the Smithsonian Channel that evening (Sep 10). I recorded and watched it. Really good. About the Viking Sea's maiden voyage doing Into the Midnight Sun. It was done well. Not a puff piece either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We recorded it too & will invite our companions to come see it in a couple weeks.

We have viewed it 2 times already, particularly since we will be on V Sea next month for our 1st Viking Ocean cruise!! Enjoyed the program so much & especially seeing all the gorgeous areas on the ship!!!

I posted something about this show a week ago. I thought it was pretty good, although if you watch all of the Mighty Ship programs, you see that they do get a little repetitive after a while. They tend to focus on the challenges and what might or does go wrong; not too much went wrong on the Viking Sky on that particular cruise, so the show was a little bland. However, for those going on a Viking Ocean cruise, and those who have already gone, it was certainly fun watching it.

I don't believe Smithsonian Channel shows are available other than on certain cable networks. We have a limited Verizon cable subscription and get it, but many people have said they don't get it. You can google Smithsonian Channel schedule, enter "Mighty Ships" and choose your cable provider to see if they have the program scheduled in your area. It was first broadcast last Sunday, I think, and they ran it again during the week, at least on the East Coast. Occasionally I see "Mighty Ships" on Discovery Channel. Perhaps some day it will show up on Discovery or YouTube; who knows?

Just checked - there's at least an excerpt from the show on youtube. It's the part where the staff captain gets the ship into Lerwick. Might be more clips - I didn't check. Google Mighty Ships Viking Sea.

Yes. We can see the clip. Already tried googling and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you watch this online? I apparently don't subscribe to any of the given providers. I never even heard of them. Is there another way?

We missed it and the rebroadcasts because we were already ON a cruise [emoji16]. We got the episode from YouTube for $1.99. Since we are booked for a cruise on the Viking Sea we really wanted to see it. You can also get it on iTunes.

We enjoyed it. I'm hoping it got my husband interested in the itinerary because I'd love to do this one and he's been reluctant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We recorded it too & will invite our companions to come see it in a couple weeks.

We have viewed it 2 times already, particularly since we will be on V Sea next month for our 1st Viking Ocean cruise!! Enjoyed the program so much & especially seeing all the gorgeous areas on the ship!!!

Yes, my husband and I saw Mighty Ships: The Viking Sea on the Smithsonian Channel too, and really enjoyed seeing the running of the ship we will be on (along with you, Cruisin Kay) in about two weeks.