Hotels: Copenhagen

stevenr597

My wife and I will be cruising on the Regal Princess, out of Copenhagen during the end of July, 2018. We are planning on arriving in the city several days before the cruise. Does anybody have any suggestion in regards to hotels in the city.

We stayed at the Clarion Neptune. It was fairly small but within walking distance of Nyhavn and the Stroget. It wasn't all that expensive and it included breakfast AND dinner! Both were excellent with lots of choices. I can't remember if it had elevators so you will have to check that out.

It had a minibar and the wine was reasonable. A couple of Brits suggested we make a sandwich for lunch from some of the breakfast offerings. We did that, grabbed an apple Danish for dessert and put it in our fridge. Then at lunch we took our sandwiches, a small bottle of wine, glasses, and went down to sit on the large wooden deck at the Theatre(just down from the hotel) dangling our feet over to the water and enjoyed our lunch. It was awesome in the sunshine watching all the boats go by in the canal. One of our favourite lunches!

We stayed at the Admiral pre and post cruise. Excellent hotel just a few blocks from Nyhavn - very quiet and perfect location. We contacted the hotel directly and asked about a discount rate - we got a good deal.

We paid for breakfast and it was excellent.

On sail away day we walked to Nyhavn and took the canal boat tour - an excellent way to see Copenhagen. Keep you tickets for 20% discount on HOHO bus. We took HOHO after cruise.

Two couples, shared a taxi to ship $24.

I highly recommend the Hotel Bethel. It’s right on Nyhavn, very reasonable and includes a full breakfast. It’s charming which is a euphemism for saying it’s not luxurious but it’s clean and comfortable. It doesn’t look like it’s furnished by IKEA which many hotels in Copenhagen look like.

Couldn’t be more convenient. The tour boats leave from right in front of the hotel, the HOHO bus leaves from next to the hotel. Lots of pubs, restaurants, etc. a 2-minute wall across the bridge over Nyhavn.

I booked directly with the hotel for the best rate. http://www.hotel-bethel.dk/index.php/en/

We stayed at the Admiral pre and post cruise. Excellent hotel just a few blocks from Nyhavn - very quiet and perfect location. We contacted the hotel directly and asked about a discount rate - we got a good deal.

I stayed here many years ago and to this day, this remains one of my favorite hotels I have stayed at. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

We stayed at Wake Up. Or something close to that. It was a few blocks from the train station and a mall. Made walking around Copenhagen easy as it was close to a lot of places we wanted to see. It was expensive though, no I don't remember the cost.

I've stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen twice, both times booked thru Princess. Price was reasonable, location good only about two blocks from Trivoli. Nice morning buffet. Lots to see and do in Copenhagen, very walkable city.

I've stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen twice, both times booked thru Princess. Price was reasonable, location good only about two blocks from Trivoli. Nice morning buffet. Lots to see and do in Copenhagen, very walkable city.

That's what we are currently planning on doing. The included transfers, breakfast, and great location make it reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello, I think we are on the same cruise (July 26). We have a reservation at The Admiral, I booked it after reading reviews on CC and wanting to stay in the Nyhavn area.

I keep checking to see if there is a roll call for our cruise but so far no one has started one.

I've stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen twice, both times booked thru Princess. Price was reasonable...

You're lucky. I've never seen a cruise line-booked hotel that was reasonably priced or good value for the money.

You're lucky. I've never seen a cruise line-booked hotel that was reasonably priced or good value for the money.

Booking thru Princess was actually a better rate than on my own. Throw in the transfers and it was hard to beat I stayed multiple nights both times as a single

Stayed at the Royal Blue across from Tivoli Gardens . It had package which included breakfast and 2 days passes to Tìvolli. The hotel was also a stop on the Hop on Hop Off. Definetely would stay there again .

In September we stayed at the Raddison Blue - a tall ugly modern box of a hotel but with spectacular views of the city. Was also very quiet vs being in the more dense city part. Has excellent elevators and wonderful restaurant for breakfast.

We booked a city/harbour/ocean view which allowed us to see our Oceania Marina arrive. Totally gorgeous vista. Our best pictures of Copenhagen were from our hotel room.

It is a 15 minute walk from the Trivoli but on a main road.

Not many "modern" hotels in this city - few in fact.

Last April we stayed at Scandic Webers on Vesterbrogade, about 1 block from the RR station and Tivoli (HopOn HopOff bus departs across Vesterbrogde from Tivoli). It was a very convenient location and price was reasonable (for Copenhagen, which is a very expensive place to eat and sleep). And while it was an older building, the interior was completely modern and it has an elevator, free and extensive breakfast buffet, free wi-fi. wonderful front desk staff. Each room has its own bath (quite large one, too). Street noise was not a problem at all. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. Have a wonderful time!

My wife and I will be cruising on the Regal Princess, out of Copenhagen during the end of July, 2018. We are planning on arriving in the city several days before the cruise. Does anybody have any suggestion in regards to hotels in the city.

We stayed at the Best Western Hebron. We were in Copenhagen in September 2017 for the TA on the Regal Princess and stayed three days at the hotel before boarding. Their rates (breakfast buffet included) were very competitive and the hotel is only two blocks from the Central Station and three blocks from Tivoli Gardens.

We would recommend buying the Copenhagen Card. We used the card to visit Hillerod (Fredriksborg Castle) and Helsingor (Kronberg Castle). The card covered the train fares, local bus fares, and admissions to both castles. Just board the trains at the Central Station.

We booked at the Radisson Blu through Princess. All transfers and lovely breakfast buffet included. Very convenient location and a decent cost for what was included.

We booked the airport Hilton through notallowedtosayhereIguess.com. The airport location allowed for much lower prices (when I searched, anyway) than comparable hotels downtown. The train ride added a 25 minute (? my memory is fuzzy on that) commute but the metro was very convenient to the hotel. We also appreciated just walking from the airport directly to our room.

Their restaurant prices seemed a bit high, so we ate the occasional breakfast in the airport on the way to the train.

One service I appreciated was their currency exchange. We bought a couple hundred bucks worth during check in at the desk and then they repurchased the unused Krone at the same rate as we checked out.

I'd try and book the same place next time.

BTW, public transport works well going to the port. Three nights before the cruise was just about right for us.

Have fun!

I highly recommend the Hotel Bethel. It’s right on Nyhavn, very reasonable and includes a full breakfast. It’s charming which is a euphemism for saying it’s not luxurious but it’s clean and comfortable. It doesn’t look like it’s furnished by IKEA which many hotels in Copenhagen look like.

Couldn’t be more convenient. The tour boats leave from right in front of the hotel, the HOHO bus leaves from next to the hotel. Lots of pubs, restaurants, etc. a 2-minute wall across the bridge over Nyhavn.

I booked directly with the hotel for the best rate. http://www.hotel-bethel.dk/index.php/en/

Another vote for Hotel Bethel, location is second to none, rooms are pretty basic but its quiet clean and comfortable, breakfast is nice as well, and only about a 20 min cab ride to the Cruise Terminal.

And for Copenhagen (one of the most expensive citys we have stayed) its reasonably priced.

The airport Hilton is now a Clarion hotel.

This past July we stayed at the Marriott Copenhagen and the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers. Both were great. The Marriott is walking distance to Tivoli Gardens and backs to a canal for great views. The Crowne Plaza was closer to the airport and included breakfast. I would recommend either one.

The Crown Plaza is a very nice hotel not far from the airport. It has a free shuttle from the airport. It is right next to a shopping mall. We stayed there one evening on the day our plane landed. For the next 3 nights we were booked in the Raddisson Blu. For an extended stay I would not recommend the Crown Plaza for the sole reason that you have to take a train to get into the center city. The Raddisson Blu is a nice hotel, but very high priced. Also any kind of dining there is very expensive, more expensive than restaurants in the surrounding area.

My recommendation is to stay in a hotel either in the Nyhavn or Tivoli areas. That way you can walk out your door and be right where you want to be. There are some nice restaurants in the Nyhavn area, be sure to search down the side streets, not just those along the Nyhavn canal. There are also some familiar U.S. chain restaurants, ie Hard Rock, around the center city area. Be prepared for high prices.