NYC - Carnival Sunshine - June 20, 2016 - Party of 11

bdavis932

We have booked the Sunshine for the June 20, 2016 cruise to Canada. It is a 5 night cruise departing on a Monday and returning on a Friday. We would very much like to incorporate both the pre-cruise weekend as well as the post cruise weekend into our schedule by staying in NYC for those 4 nights. We are flying in (not sure to which airport - whichever airport is cheapest I suppose!).

We are looking for decent prices for the four nights. We will have 3 families going: party of 5, party of 4, and a party of 2. We are willing to stay pretty far out but don't want to spend a fortune on taxi's. Just by looking online for the past hour it seems hotel rooms for 5 seem to be hard to come by! I have looked at Airbnb which might have some things that work, but deep down, I think we'd prefer a hotel. We don't need fancy...just clean and in a safe area near public transportation if possible.

Since none of us have ever been to NYC we do not want to drive in the city.

Any help and/or suggestions would be most appreciated!!!:)

We have booked the Sunshine for the June 20, 2016 cruise to Canada. It is a 5 night cruise departing on a Monday and returning on a Friday. We would very much like to incorporate both the pre-cruise weekend as well as the post cruise weekend into our schedule by staying in NYC for those 4 nights. We are flying in (not sure to which airport - whichever airport is cheapest I suppose!).

We are looking for decent prices for the four nights. We will have 3 families going: party of 5, party of 4, and a party of 2. We are willing to stay pretty far out but don't want to spend a fortune on taxi's. Just by looking online for the past hour it seems hotel rooms for 5 seem to be hard to come by! I have looked at Airbnb which might have some things that work, but deep down, I think we'd prefer a hotel. We don't need fancy...just clean and in a safe area near public transportation if possible.

What do you consider a "decent price"? Hotel rooms for 5 are very hard to come by. Don't pick an airport until you decide where you might like to stay. Your airport choice will limit the options available to you.

How much luggage will you have? Would you be able to take the luggage on public transit?

You have to look at the total cost of airfare, hotel, and transportation.

It's very early for June 2916.

Check out hotels around EWR (Newark, NJ) and ask about a free hotel shuttle to Path which goes to Manhattan.

Also IKEA is nearby and they have a free shuttle bus into Manhattan.

Newark also has some great restaurants and is much cheaper than Manhattan.

Good luck

Howard from NJ

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your suggestions and tips everyone but Carnival mass cancelled this cruise :eek:so we rebooked on the Breeze out of Galveston which is a 3 hour drive from our home. Hopefully next year we can do this cruise to Canada.