First cruise June 2015!

lbjen

I just booked our family's first cruise for this June, loving this forum for the wealth of information!

We're taking our 2 kids (5 and 11) on RCI out of Galveston, being able to take cruises from here was one of the things my husband was most excited about when we moved to Houston two years ago. He's been wanting to cruise since forever and this is finally the year. It's also the first time I've felt like my kids are old enough for us to be able to get two connecting rooms instead of having to cram into one or paying $$$ for a suite. It was actually cheaper for us to get two rooms as well which was a bonus.

Looking forward to getting a ton more awesome tips before we sail!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Congratulations on booking your first cruise. Once you have taken that cruise you will be hooked.

You mike want to join your Roll Call at this link -- just scroll down until you find your ship -- click onto that and then scroll down until you find the date of your cruise -- click on that and join your Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

You may also be interested in reading and asking questions about your Ports of Call at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Since this is your first cruise, you may be interested in Family Cruises at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

The RCI board is at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Don't be afraid to ask questions anywhere.

I just booked our family's first cruise for this June, loving this forum for the wealth of information!

We're taking our 2 kids (5 and 11) on RCI out of Galveston, being able to take cruises from here was one of the things my husband was most excited about when we moved to Houston two years ago. He's been wanting to cruise since forever and this is finally the year. It's also the first time I've felt like my kids are old enough for us to be able to get two connecting rooms instead of having to cram into one or paying $$$ for a suite. It was actually cheaper for us to get two rooms as well which was a bonus.

Looking forward to getting a ton more awesome tips before we sail!

When we took our 8 year old daughter on her first cruise to Bermuda many years ago it took me three days to try and convince her to try a shrimp cocktail. She immediately began ordering them and always asked if she could order one whenever we went out for dinner.

A cruise is a good opportunity to have children try new foods and if they don't like it the waiter just takes it away.

Enjoy your first cruise

Howard

Thanks all, looking forward to it! I'm glad we managed to get the adjoining rooms, I think it will make a huge difference. Hoping my older one will try more than just all the plain foods on board (the blander the better for her!) but we'll see.

Welcome to cruise critic and cruising. We absolutely love cruising and so does our family. We live in Houston so cursing is very convenient from Galveston. I agree once you go on the first one you will be hooked. Do all the ones you can from galveston then venture out to cruise from other cities. We have gone out of New Orleans and several cities in Florida to get a different ship. My son has been going to camp on the cruise since he cruised at 3 years old. He absolutely loves it and it gives us a chance to do adult things without worrying about entertaining him. My son is 11 and my daughter 22. This year we have 18 people going from all ages starting at 11 years old to 75 years old.

That is so awesome to get the children a separate room. You will love the extra space and bathroom. Cruise critic is very helpful, I spend so much time here while waiting for my cruises. We leave June 6 on carnival. Enjoy!

My Grandson has been cruising since he was 3 and is now 21 years old. He still loves cruising and he and a friend have their own cabin on the opposite side of the ship from us on our cruise in June. You'll love having the extra room (and the extra bathroom). Enjoy.