Jetblue or Delta????

Wishing on a star

I have never flown JetBlue, so I am unfamiliar.

Even though we have Delta points, JetBlue now offers non-stop to FLL. Looks great.

Delta, as we know, from the South, doesn't matter if you are going to He!!, gonna stop for a layover at Atlanta. : (

So, okay... Should we save our Delta points for our next trip, and just book JetBlue, and a much lower fare. (even cash and points, For the both of us, Delta would be almost $400.00 and a LOT of miles... Jetblue Cash is $550.00 + one bag)

Also, if anyone knows, we are partnered up with our Delta points and SPG.

Does anybody know how the transfer rate is if we wanted to transfer Delta points towards an SPG hotel stay???? The next trip we are considering would probably be Delta flights, and SPG hotel stay - using points.

I am just so lost...

Help!!!

Loved flying JetBlue last year noticed the difference in legroom on the return trip on another carrier. Delta we avoid because of the layover issue.

Sorry cant help with Delta rewards.

Even though we have Delta points, JetBlue now offers non-stop to FLL. Looks great.

Delta, as we know, from the South, doesn't matter if you are going to He!!, gonna stop for a layover at Atlanta. : (

I would always take a nonstop over a connecting flight and I would always take JetBlue over Delta, American, United etc.

Love Jet Blue. We frequently fly JB out of BOS to FLL. By using my JB credit card and all the points,we fly to the west coast for taxes only.

Seats are more comfy than Delta: we opt for the extra space seats. At least you get free snacks on JB.

Darcy

I once made the mistake of using airline points for a free hotel stay.

I regret it now since I could have used the points for a more comfy first class airline ticket and the hotel was inexpensive enough so that it really didn't make sense. Consider that when you are considering using airline points for a hotel.

Absolutely fly JetBlue. Leather seats, great legroom, free live DirecTV, free snacks.

Also, you mentioned +luggage $. If that’s a Blue Plus fare, you get your first checked bag free.

Avoid the connection!

So, okay... Should we save our Delta points for our next trip, and just book JetBlue, and a much lower fare. (even cash and points, For the both of us, Delta would be almost $400.00 and a LOT of miles... Jetblue Cash is $550.00 + one bag)

Also, if anyone knows, we are partnered up with our Delta points and SPG.

Does anybody know how the transfer rate is if we wanted to transfer Delta points towards an SPG hotel stay???? The next trip we are considering would probably be Delta flights, and SPG hotel stay - using points.

I am just so lost...

Help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will also agree with the crowd. JetBlue is the way to go. By far my favorite domestic airline. More leg room, live t.v. at every seat, decent snack service, and service overall on the airplane seems to be better. Though Delta is a good airline. JetBlue does not have the bogus economy saver tickets etc.. You pay the cheapest fare you still get to carry on a bag and pick your seat.

Whenever I have the option I always fly JetBlue.

I will also agree with the crowd. JetBlue is the way to go. By far my favorite domestic airline. More leg room, live t.v. at every seat, decent snack service, and service overall on the airplane seems to be better. Though Delta is a good airline. JetBlue does not have the bogus economy saver tickets etc.. You pay the cheapest fare you still get to carry on a bag and pick your seat.

Whenever I have the option I always fly JetBlue.

And Jet Blue's flight attendants are so pleasant, aren't afraid to smile, and don't treat you like cattle!

Anybody have real life experience as to how Jet Blue handles peanut allergies? I have read their info provided on their web site. I have never flown Jet Blue. Thanks

Jet Blue does not serve peanuts as their snacks but there could be other nut products in some food that can be purchased. If the crew is informed what I have seen is they won’t serve those one row in front and one row back and they asked us in those rows not to consume any nut products. Best though to ask Jet Blue directly their policy if you have that issue.

I agree JetBlue has better service, but they don’t have any travel partners. So if there’s a problem with the flight, they can’t rebook you on another airline. You may want to see how many flights they offer from your airport the day you’re flying, as it is a more of a risk if you’re flying the morning of your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Have flown Jet blue once before out of Richmond Va....found it to be a great flight. Picked it this time as it was a nonstop flight and at the right times. Last year flew Delta, and into Atlanta....miserable experience....we were over 2 hours late, missed our connecting flight and had zero help from the Delta folks at the gate. Complained to the company's customer service about our treatment, never heard a word back...so I am happy to take my chances on Jet Blue......will see how it goes.....

I realize mine is just one experience ......

• 1 month later...

We'll be flying out of Detroit, so we can fly either Delta or Jet Blue nonstop to Fort Lauderdale. At over six feet tall, I would definitely appreciate more legroom, and am debating Delta's Premium Economy (which costs more) to either standard seating on Jet Blue (A320 jet) or the extra space seats (which I understand are around $40 each way from Detroit). I'm definitely leaning towards Jet Blue, but I have a couple of concerns with them:

1) I've read multiple reviews on them that indicate their on time performance can turn into horror stories, such as 7 hour delays into FLL.

2) Since they are an independent airline and are not partners with any other airlines, if they cancel a flight for maintenance issues, there is no recourse other than what they have to offer you or scurrying around the airport to find and purchase another airline's flight.

3) Although the other airlines are already selling tickets for that time period, a Jet Blue representative told me that they just opened up February's reservations yesterday, and that I would have to wait about three months before I could purchase March 31-April 12 tickets. Do they always open up their ticket sales so late compared to other airlines?

Please comment on whether you have had any of these negative experiences, or whether we shouldn't be concerned. We do always fly in the day ahead of our cruise, so that relieves some of the anxiety.