Port Canaveral Car Rental

Spencerc11

Never been to PC, but had a couple of rental car questions for after the cruise:

1. I keep reading about terrible lines at the agencies when picking up. How bad are they?

2. If they are really bad, has anyone booked a rental for pick up from other locations that are a few miles away used Uber?

3. Are Uber’s readily available at the port?

Thanks for any help.

Uber and Lyft are readily available. I see online the drivers complain there are too many of them and not enough passengers!

Are you in a rush that morning? It is impossible to predict if you will experience serious lines at the counters. Have you checked how many cruise ships are in that day?

There are car rental agencies on Merritt Island.

We used Hertz in Cocoa Beach. Called when we cleared customs & they picked us up within 15 minutes. It's a small location a few miles away & we were in the car shortly after we arrived. We also returned a car there before our cruise & they shuttled us to the ship.

Join one of the "express" lane memberships, skip the line, and walk directly to your car. We do that with Hertz and Budget depending on who has the best price. I use Hertz mostly and I haven't stopped at the counter in years.

Only keep in mind the very first time you rent after joining you have to stop at the counter so they can verify your ID, DL, and Credit Card. But you could probably do that at home by just going in to an office and showing them all your stuff.

Join one of the "express" lane memberships, skip the line, and walk directly to your car. We do that with Hertz and Budget depending on who has the best price. I use Hertz mostly and I haven't stopped at the counter in years.

Only keep in mind the very first time you rent after joining you have to stop at the counter so they can verify your ID, DL, and Credit Card. But you could probably do that at home by just going in to an office and showing them all your stuff.

I’m already a member of most of the rental companies’ clubs, but i’ve Only had success bypassing the counter at airport locations. At “neighborhood” locations, i’ve always has to sign at the counter to receive keys. Are th PC locations different? Thanks

I’m already a member of most of the rental companies’ clubs, but i’ve Only had success bypassing the counter at airport locations. At “neighborhood” locations, i’ve always has to sign at the counter to receive keys. Are th PC locations different? Thanks

Can't speak specific to PC as I only dropped off at MLB. I have bypassed the line at a couple of non-airport locations, just not in FL. I can tell you when we dropped off at MLB there was nobody at the counter except for the Hertz employees. My guess would be if you get away from the port proper the line at rental counter will be much less. Just depends on if it's time effective to travel vs standing in line.