Venice hotel recommendations

doobiesmom

We are flying into Venice Marco Polo airport the night before our cruise and would like to spend a few hours the next morning sightseeing before heading to the port to board our ship.

Any recommendations for a hotel or specific areas to look for hotels which would be convenient in traveling from airport to hotel to sightseeing to port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’re doing the opposite in that we are staying in Venice post-cruise and needed something central to the ports and to Piazzale Roma so we can grab a shuttle bus back to the Airport. We’ve booked the Hotel Olimpia which is one bridge over from the P. Roma.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are flying into Venice Marco Polo airport the night before our cruise

I would get to Venice a couple of days before the cruise. I never trust that the airlines will be on time and have all our luggage. They didn't have all our luggage when we landed last fall. And you know how hard it is to find clothes in Venice.

We stayed at the www dot danielihotelvenice dot com the last time we were there and will stay there this fall when we do a TA on the Oosterdam. It's a beautiful place.

Mike

Highly recommend Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal. Great location and accommodations and service. I do agree that you need far more than a couple hours the morning of embark meant to see anything in Venice. Spend a couple (at least)days there.....it’s well worth it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have stayed at the BW Olympia (not sure if it is still a BW) and also right beside it the Arlecchino Hotel. Both were good and reasonably priced for Venice. Walking from the port. Honestly, all hotels are in a good vicinity cause Venice in my opinion, is very walkable.

Investigate choices in the Cannaregio area which begins basically at the train station on the north western half of the city, the main entry point for busses, trains, cars to Venice after the causeway where motor vehicle traffic ends. We stayed at Ca Vendramin di Santa Fosca and two doors down is smaller La Mia Casa. Large large superior doubles. Many hotels in former residences/palazzos have rooms that are very spacious. but also expect to pay primo prices above $250/nt during peak season incl breakfast. Also investigated B&B Al Palazetto but seems constantly booked. CV leaves you near the grand canal and a key vaparetto route - closest stop is at Ca D'Oro easily walkable from CV. Many restaurants/stores/mini-markets along the Strada Nova and vicinity - this is a main walkway across Cannaregio (changes names a couple times). Can walk it practically from from the train station all the way to the connecting streets to Piazza San Marcos. Bring your best walking shoes.

• 3 weeks later...

We have stayed at the Danielle several times, but its quite pricey. Our favorite nice-but-not-over-the-top place now is Dona Palace. Reasonable and near San Marcos square. We will be there in a week!

We have stayed at the Danielle several times, but its quite pricey. Our favorite nice-but-not-over-the-top place now is Dona Palace. Reasonable and near San Marcos square. We will be there in a week!

Hope you have a great time:)…….I will be in Venice in July (first time there for me):D…..I booked 2 nights pre-cruise at the Bauer Palazzo.....can't wait:D

Hope you have a great time:)…….I will be in Venice in July (first time there for me):D…..I booked 2 nights pre-cruise at the Bauer Palazzo.....can't wait:D

That Bauer is mighty nice. Enjoy!:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

We liked Hotel Rio not far from great vaporetto options near San Marco, crowded but with no steps to go over between vaporetto stops and hotel. It was reasonably easy to go from airport to there and there to port for cruise. The hotel is fairly modest, though, so it may not be great for all cruisers.

Just got back from Venice a week ago. We stayed at the Hotel Olimpia 2 nights pre cruise based on recommendations on cruise critic. The recommendations were right one. Great choice. Easy to get to and from the train station and the people mover that takes you to the cruise port. I liked how it was a bit quieter over by this hotel than the San Marco area. Felt a bit safer too. The customer service at the hotel was wonderful. Very clean too. Our room was on the ground floor and felt a little like a dungeon, but to be honest we did not mind. The air conditioning worked very well as did the internet. The garden out back is lovely. There are multiple restaurants that are reasonably priced nearby. No major complaints and I would recommend to others.

We are using Hotel Papdopoli. We stayed there a few years back and had a great experience. It is quite close to the transportation hub in Venice...so we will be using the people mover to get to the cruise port. Got a great price on Hotels.com

Lisa