Someone explain to me the good and the bad

Mommawo

Only you can decide if it’s worth it. There are seriously tons of threads on this. Do a search and you will find both sides. You can look up what is included by going to Shore Excursions under your booking and it will be for the home port. That is also where you would buy it.

I purchase it sometimes, but not others. Just depends on the trip.

This time, I purchased it because we are flying in the morning of our cruise, which means leaving our house at 4 am to catch a 630 am flight. With the unpredictability of the airlines, I purchased FTTF because I knew we would be tired and just want to board. I was unsure when to book an appointment time if we didn't do FTTF.

Last cruise, I did not purchase FTTF. We flew in the night before. I booked an appointment time and the wait time was minimal.

Word of caution - If you do book FTTF, book it early because it does sell out.

I purchased FTTF back in November, before the multiple price raising. I actually had planned to get rid of it and use the money for something else on the cruise. But then the price kept going up so I held onto it...simply because others were willing to pay so much...making mine that much more valuable. This will be our first cruise, so I can’t personally say it is worth it. However I can say that I would not purchase it at its current price point.

I purchase it sometimes, but not others. Just depends on the trip.

This time, I purchased it because we are flying in the morning of our cruise, which means leaving our house at 4 am to catch a 630 am flight. With the unpredictability of the airlines, I purchased FTTF because I knew we would be tired and just want to board. I was unsure when to book an appointment time if we didn't do FTTF.

Last cruise, I did not purchase FTTF. We flew in the night before. I booked an appointment time and the wait time was minimal.

Word of caution - If you do book FTTF, book it early because it does sell out.

Well my cruise is March 2019 and I checked just now and it’s sold out! Plus almost 100 bucks!oh well maybe next time

I purchased FTTF back in November, before the multiple price raising. I actually had planned to get rid of it and use the money for something else on the cruise. But then the price kept going up so I held onto it...simply because others were willing to pay so much...making mine that much more valuable. This will be our first cruise, so I can’t personally say it is worth it. However I can say that I would not purchase it at its current price point.

The reason you held it does not make sense. If you didn't need it you wasted your money, regardless of what others paid for it.

The reason you held it does not make sense. If you didn't need it you wasted your money, regardless of what others paid for it.

:o I obviously bought it initially for a reason. And we will see to its worth. Rather than commenting on my post and hijacking the thread, why not answer the OPs question? How do you feel about FTTF?

On recent cruise, I almost purchase Faster to the Fun but decided not to. Overall, I am glad I did not. First, we boards about 15 minutes after the FTTF. Second, at the tender port we had an excursion that guaranteed us a spot on the first tender, our luggage was at our room before some FTTF guest, and finally there never was a long line at customer service (except for the dat auto-tips were posted). It would have been nice to have the cabin ready early but this was no necessary for us.

I had it for my last cruise, and returned it immediately. Staggered check-in makes boarding go by relatively quickly. Unless you need your room available as early as possible, and need to skip the guest services line a lot, I think it's a waste. I wish it covered more of the actual lines during the vacation.

Each person has their own set of priorities when booking any vacation, so asking if FttF is worth the money is very subjective. Some will say it's the best money ever spent towards their cruise, while others will feel it cuts into their budget for spa treatments, specialty dining, on board beverage purchase, in port spending, pre/post cruise plans, etc. You will need to look at the cost vs benefits, listed below from the carnival.com FAQs, to decide if the extra cost per cabin is worth it to you. I've added some personal observations in orange.

FASTER TO THE FUN (FTTF)

Now guests can maximize their vacation fun with Carnival's Faster to the Fun (FTTF) package. This program is available for purchase via Carnival.com Shore Excursions. Space is limited. Simply click on your cruise ship departure port for availability. Faster to the Fun is very popular and sells out quickly so we encourage you to check back in case of cancellations.

Faster to the Fun is offered in the following home ports: Baltimore, Charleston, Fort Lauderdale, Galveston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Miami, Mobile, New Orleans, New York, Port Canaveral, San Juan, Seattle and Tampa.

Faster to the Fun is not offered on Carnival Journeys departures, nor on cruises from the following home ports: Honolulu, Norfolk, Vancouver and Europe. It will be offered on the Carnival Horizon starting with the 12/01/18 departure.

The price is per stateroom, so only one guest needs to purchase Faster to the Fun and all occupants in the stateroom receive the benefits. Prices are subject to change and may vary by ship. Faster to the Fun is subject to availability.

Prices Starting From

Per Stateroom

Cruise Durations

$49.95 USD

3 day cruises (excluding Carnival Liberty)

$59.95 USD

3 day cruises on Carnival Liberty

$49.95 USD

4 day cruises on Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation

$59.95 USD

4 day cruises on Carnival Elation, Carnival Fantasy and Carnival Victory

$69.95 USD

4 day cruises on Carnival Conquest, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor and Carnival Vista

$59.95 USD

5 day cruises on Carnival Sensation

$79.95 USD

5 day cruises (excluding Carnival Sensation)

$89.95 USD

6 day and 7 day cruises

$99.95 USD

8 day and longer cruises (excluding Carnival Journeys departures)

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding

A dedicated security and check-in lane has been set aside for all Priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations have access to the Captain’s Lounge.

My take on this purchase only if your travel plans DO NOT match well with the available check-in appointments, that you will be able to enter the terminal when you arrive, disregarding the later appointment time.

With the advent of Check-In Appointment times the speed of check-in has improved. Priority when arriving for an early check-in time has little to no impact on the amount of time you will spend in the terminal waiting for the ship to be cleared for boarding. In fact, for most sailings, early on the priority line is longer than the general boarding lines. FttF will just move you up from zone 1 general boarding by 1 group of passengers, if you have the earliest check-in time. Priority does pay off if your travel plans have you arriving at the terminal about 1 hour after boarding has begun, which for most 4 pm departures, is around noon. At that point the port personnel have caught up with dismissing the waiting passengers to board, though those checking-in report longer lines for general boarding and almost no one in the priority lines, but once processed in everyone tends to board immediately. Later arrivals (1:30pm or later) have almost no lines to wait in.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

May not have much impact depending on your arrival plans to port.

A nice feature to have, especially if you have heavy carry-ons, and an early check-in appointment time. But for most cruises the general boarding cabins will be ready by 1:30pm. So if your travel plans have you with a check-in appointment time of 1-1:30pm or later once on board your cabin is ready anyway.

Priority Luggage

While we process thousands of bags, FTTF luggage will receive priority delivery.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

This benefit can be tricky, because it does rely on land bound port personnel to make sure the priority luggage gets on the ship as fast as possibe.

Some mistakenly think this means their luggage will be at their cabin door upon boarding. This is not so, your luggage will arrive at your door faster than the people with general boarding that arrived curbside the same time as you did and handed off by the same porter. On most ships priority luggage delivery is completed before muster, while general luggage delivery is completed by 7 pm.

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone extension and line at Guest Services.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

No one can predicted how much they will or will not need to go to the GS desk.

So this perk is very tentative, a real time saver if you need to speak to a GS clerk ASAP, but of no value if you don't need anything urgent from guest services. Lines tend to be long on embarkation day, the night before disembarkation, and during disembarkation. Most other times there is an ebb-n-flow to how busy the desk is.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Another very subjective perk, and only helpful if forced into a dining time not of your liking.

If already confirmed for a dining choice and do not wish to change it to a waitlist option this benefit does nothing for you.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Another perk that you already have due to ship sponsored excursions, but without it is a definite advantage if you have tender ports on your itinerary.

Those on ship purchased shore excursions at tender ports have priority tender boarding as part of their tour ticket price. Just follow the on board meeting instructions included with the ticket or published in the FunTimes. The advantage here is that f you are going into port on your own or to meet a private tour you can get off early, without getting tender tickets.

Debarkation Choices

When it’s time to say good bye, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

This could be the significant factor for many to choose to purchase FttF, if they need to get off the ship to get a flight or home early, if they are doing zone or relaxed debarkation.

But then again there those that will be granted early debarkation for no extra cost because their post-cruise travel arrangements or excursions were made through Carnival. If you decided to handle all your luggage (self assist) going off the ship and follow instructions by reporting to the lounge or theater they, you can get off the ship as part of the next group right after those doing priority self--assist. But the trade off is you could miss the last breakfast on board. Also to note anyone can leave the ship late, you just wait for the last call on the type of disembarkation that you decide on.

Things to Remember

• The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom, so only one guest needs to purchase and all occupants receive the benefits.
  • For guests sailing on multiple cruises back to back, FTTF must be purchased for each cruise in order to benefit from the program.
  • FTTF can only be purchased prior to the cruise; ala carte services cannot be purchased on board. FTTF is open on sail dates through 2019, where applicable. It will be offered on the Carnival Horizon starting with the 12/01/2018 departure.
  • All FTTF guests must check-in online and select an Arrival Appointment.
  • Guests who completed their Online Check-in prior to purchasing the FTTF package, will need to re-print their boarding pass and luggage tags so the FTTF stamp reflects on the documents.

A Few Facts on Faster to the Fun

• VIFP Diamond and Platinum members and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are the only guests to have access to the Captain’s Lounge at embarkation.
  • Similar to airlines boarding first class and then elite frequent flyers, etc., we will start boarding with VIFP Diamond and Platinum members, followed by guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations and then FTTF guests.
  • The number of people who may purchase the FTTF package will be capacity controlled based upon the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing.

To view Faster to the Fun FAQs, please click here.

FASTER TO THE FUN FAQS

Faster to the Fun is entirely optional for those who are interested in paying a little extra to receive these special benefits, which are also available on a complimentary basis to VIFP Platinum and Diamond members of our past guest recognition program. Our traditional, outstanding level of guest service in all facets of the Carnival vacation experience will continue as normal.

Q: If I purchased FTTF, can I later cancel it?

A: Orders must be cancelled online and no cancellation charges will be assessed if done prior to the pre-sail cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure). In the event of pre-sailing, online cancellations, a full refund will automatically be posted to the form of payment used to secure the order. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to reflect on your account.

Q: If I don't purchase FTTF, how can I be sure that I can still get the dining time that I want?

A: Dining requests are handled on a first come, first serve basis and that will continue to be the case. Booking early provides the best opportunity to secure your preferred dining choices.

Q: As a past guest, does FTTF take away from the exclusivity of my VIFP Club Diamond and Platinum benefits?

A: VIFP Platinum and Diamond members receive all the benefits of FTTF for free. So, not only is the program complimentary for those individuals but we've also enhanced the VIFP Club benefits overall on these ships where we are offering FTTF. At the start of boarding, VIFP Platinum and Diamond members will board first prior to those guests who have purchased the FTTF program.

Q: Is there some sort of control on how many people can purchase FTTF, i.e., if huge numbers of people purchase priority access, then how will you be able to accommodate everyone?

A: Yes - the program will be capacity controlled and closely monitored to ensure excellent service for FTTF guests and VIFP Diamond and Platinum members, as well as all guests vacationing with us.

Q: Can I purchase the FTTF benefits on an a la carte basis or do I need to purchase the entire package?

A: Sorry but FTTF can only be purchased in its entirety and not on an a la carte basis.

Q: Why isn't there a price break if you only have two people in the stateroom instead of four, for example?

A: A flat cost per stateroom made the most sense given that all stateroom occupants are on one booking.

Q: We have two staterooms, but only our minor children, in the second stateroom. Do we still need to book FTTF for their stateroom also?

A: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

Q: Can you purchase FTTF once on board or only via the shore excursion section of carnival.com?

A: FTTF can only be purchased online at carnival.com before your cruise and subject to same policies in regards to cancelling the package. Because availability is limited, the sooner you purchase FTTF for your sailing, the more likely it will be available.

Q: Will Guest Services have an additional Platinum line since this may increase the amount of guests using this line onboard?

A: The VIFP Platinum/Diamond line will be co-branded with FTTF and will be available to Platinum, Diamond and FTTF guests.

Q: Will Main Dining room priority reservations act the same way as our Suite and Platinum guests. If their preferred choice is closed, the request will be entered into the system as a waitlist and confirmed overnight if the package was purchased. On the reverse side, if their preferred choice is waitlisted and the package is purchased afterwards, will the system confirm the seating time overnight?

A: Correct, this will be handled in same manner.

Q: How does priority dining for Platinum and Diamond guests vs. FTTF guests work?

A: VIFP Diamond and Platinum members will still receive priority over the FTTF guests for dining requests. This is true both in advance of the sailing as well as once onboard. In the case of onboard requests, the Maitre'd will first clear all Diamond members, next Platinum members and then FTTFguests.

Q: Will there be a separate security screening line for those who purchase a FTTF package?

A: At the cruise terminal, FTTF guests will join the Priority Line as they enter the security screening check point.

Q: Do FTTF guests receive invitation to the VIFP party?

A: No, the VIFP party is exclusive to VIFP Platinum and Diamond members only.

Q: Do FTTF guests receive laundry perks?

A: This is exclusive to VIFP Platinum and Diamond members.

I will throw in an opinion here because that appears to be what you have asked for - especially now that you have all the facts.

I have gone without FTTF, purchased it one time, and am now Platinum, so have seen all sides. I think it depends very much on the type of person you are; if you are high strung, feel the need to be first on the ship and have all the express options, then it could be worth it. I am normally such a person - for years I refused to go the guest services desk anytime there was a line and I know how to avoid it - it drove me nuts to see people standing 20 deep to put $ on their SS card. But I learned that, before I was Platinum, and before they started staggered check-in, it was easier to simply go to the ship when it suited us and walk on - basically avoiding the mad rush was great. Being relaxed to start my trip is the way to go. I no longer wished to be those people queuing up like cattle to board the ship with some pushing and shoving and line jumping and all the like.

So for me, NOT having FTTF made my vacation more relaxing.

I will throw in an opinion here because that appears to be what you have asked for - especially now that you have all the facts.

I have gone without FTTF, purchased it one time, and am now Platinum, so have seen all sides. I think it depends very much on the type of person you are; if you are high strung, feel the need to be first on the ship and have all the express options, then it could be worth it. I am normally such a person - for years I refused to go the guest services desk anytime there was a line and I know how to avoid it - it drove me nuts to see people standing 20 deep to put $ on their SS card. But I learned that, before I was Platinum, and before they started staggered check-in, it was easier to simply go to the ship when it suited us and walk on - basically avoiding the mad rush was great. Being relaxed to start my trip is the way to go. I no longer wished to be those people queuing up like cattle to board the ship with some pushing and shoving and line jumping and all the like.

So for me, NOT having FTTF made my vacation more relaxing.

Right, a 2:00 board is now my sweet spot.

Personally, for my upcoming cruise, it's not worth it. FTTF is 100.00 per cabin. It's an 8 day partial transit Panama Canal cruise with 4 sea days.

We're going to get plenty of ship time so I don't need to board super early.

There are only 2 ports. One is a tender port and we don't have any specific plans so we don't priority tendering.

Guest services is open 24/7 and I don't need to go there often anyway. I can find a time without a line.

If I'm boarding later anyway, I don't early cabin access.

I'm packing everything that i need through dinner in my carry-on suitcase. So priority luggage isn't necessary for me.

These may not be the case for you. With a shorter, more port-intensive cruise, it would be worth it more for me.

For me it's totally worth it. When we're on vacation we like to be active, not standing around in lines. The priority boarding is nice when there's a hundred people in line to get in. We like to get on the ship early. Plus we always have 48 sodas we're carrying around with us so it's nice to drop them in our cabin as soon as we embark, as well as our bookbags. That way we beat the masses to lido to get lunch, without carrying everything around. Also in tender ports we like to be off of the ship on the first tender to get to our excursions so we can begin them without waiting. Then on the last night at sea I pay our balance in gift cards so I go to GS to pay that off. Plus any other reason we need to go to GS which honestly isn't too many. But for all of the above, it's totally worth it to me. Others, not so much.

I dot book fttf because I'm cheap.i rather spend the money on knick knacks.and and only once did we not arrive in Port the day before the cruise.being on the ship an hour earlier does not matter to me I have no need to get the drunk fest started early.i don't drink anyway might be why I don't care.

We are platinum now and don’t need FTTF but we always got it and found it to be a great value for us before we were platinum. We tend to go to guest services a lot. We’ve had lots of issues pop up that could only be resolved by guest services but the lines are crazy long all of the time. We’ve had our clothes ruined in the self serve laundry where all of our clothes came out covered in brown rusty splotches. It turned out there was an issue with brown stuff in the water. Only guest services could fix it for us (we were refunded the cost of our clothes.) We also had issues with our WiFi not working on our phones despite having purchased it pre cruise. They accidentally put our purchase on another persons account. Again, only something guest services could handle. Every cruise we tend to have issues that need to be resolved at guest services multiple times. It feels fantastic going to the priority line that rarely has anyone in it and getting your issue resolved ASAP instead of standing in the regular line that’s 20+ deep most of the time. And each guest takes forever to get their issue handled so it feels like you’re there forever, probably because you’re on vacation and want to go have fun.

We haven’t used the priority tendering or priority dining reservations much. But the priority embarkation and debarkation is great. With thousands of people trying to board or leave a ship all at the same time, it’s extremely crowded and chaotic. I love walking past the the long lines and right onto or off of the ship. I know a handful of cruisers will say they boarded right after FTTF did and got on early. But I’ve done MANY cruises and never experienced this. Even if we had to pay $100 for it, it would have been well worth it to us. For the four of us at just $25 pp it’s worth it to not wait around in hot crowded conditions fighting thousands of people to get on or off the ship or to wait an hour every time I have to go to guest services to resolve an issue.

:o I obviously bought it initially for a reason. And we will see to its worth. Rather than commenting on my post and hijacking the thread, why not answer the OPs question? How do you feel about FTTF?

Rather than commenting on my post and hijacking the thread, why don't you answer one of the OPs multipe questions? No, you have not.

FTTF ? Worth the money ? Not worth the money ? What does it entail and where Toni purchase it ?

"Worth" is very subjective. Realizing that it is per cabin, not per person, does make the price a little more palatable to some.

Where to purchase is through Carnival's web site, shore excursions for your departure port.

We had it for our last cruise and really enjoyed it. We have it booked for our next cruise and got it just before the price increased. I don't like crowds and confusion. Having priority lines and immediate room access were worth it to me.

Some passengers like to "donate" to the casino as a form of entertainment, knowing any winnings are an unexpected bonus. Some like the Cheers package to avoid a bill at the end of their cruise, even knowing they would spend less a la carte. I like being able to keep all my luggage with me and go straight to my cabin (so it doesn't interfere with other passengers), unpack before muster (I've had times when luggage didn't arrive early), and the priority boarding/debarking/tendering/guest services. Priority dining time isn't really an issue for us, but that is another perk.

If you feel it is not worth the cost, there are some work arounds:

• schedule a late check-in so your room will be ready and it should be less crowded
  • get an early tender ticket, wait for a later tender after the rush, have a cruise excursion at the tender site, don't tender;)
  • if you need guest services try to go at off hours (no idea what those are, but probably early morning sea days)

Do what works for you and enjoy your cruise:)

For us, it is worth it for 2 factors.

1) I HATE standing in line, with FTTF there is less time in a queue.

2) Having the cabin available when boarding. We carry on 2 12packs of sodas as well as my computer, camera equipment and CPAP machine, it is far easier to go straight to the cabin and drop this stuff off than to lug it around until cabins are ready.

Others have well described the benefits and if it is worth it or not is totally up to you. No one else can tell you you should or should not purchase FTTF, because they do not know what aspects of it may or may not appeal to you and how you value those aspects.

Well my cruise is March 2019 and I checked just now and it’s sold out! Plus almost 100 bucks!oh well maybe next time

Little secret, if you are flying into Miami, check in at their big booth at the airport (it is down stairs, follow the signs for ground transportation) This will get you into the terminal building much faster and you get in zone 1 for getting on the ship (You are right behind FFTF and all the special groups)

alana