Canvas By U on Escape

My wife and I have done this a few times on various ships. It's usually scheduled on sea days somewhere in the 10am-noon time frame. Never saw one scheduled at night, since they usually do it in bar venues (fat cats, maltings, etc. depending on the ship).

The class is probably about an hour or so. It varies on how "hard" the painting is and how many people are in the class. But an hour on average sounds about right.

My wife and I have done this a few times on various ships. It's usually scheduled on sea days somewhere in the 10am-noon time frame. Never saw one scheduled at night, since they usually do it in bar venues (fat cats, maltings, etc. depending on the ship).

The class is probably about an hour or so. It varies on how "hard" the painting is and how many people are in the class. But an hour on average sounds about right.

Thank you:D

My neighbor just got back Sunday with the dailies papers and low and behold its printed at 7PM. And no less its at the 5'oclock bar:D How can they set up in a Bar?? LOL Plus its

held when we're in Bermuda Wednesday Thursday and Friday:(:confused:

We were on the Breakaway last summer and it was at 5pm. But we never made it.

Hopefully this is a misprint and will chk once we're onboard in 12 days:D

We did do this in Disney and we laughed so hard we had a great time. Were not artists at all but it was so much fun.

Thank you

Liz

Looking at dailies someone posted recently, it’s usually at 5p in the 5 O’clock somewhere bar (lol). The Friday one will probably be the most convenient since the ship will have left Bermuda by then. But my experience was that each day has a different painting, so that day may not be what you want to paint.

When I did this on the Escape, they set up plastic sheeting and easels on the tables. The bar makes it easy to grab a drink while you paint.

I guess this changed since our last cruise. Went in Oct on the Jade to Canada, and in June on the Breakaway to Bermuda. The painting classes were only sea days and in the late mornings.

Having one (either sea or port day) in the evening at a bar just doesn't seem to make sense to me. And also seems like it might be less fun with crowds trying to grab a few drinks before dinner.

Good Morning

I have a question about the art class.

It seems that Escape has it scheduled for the most idiotic time at 7pm in the height of dinner time:rolleyes:

Does anyone know how long the class takes?

Thank You

Liz:)

Liz

The class is scheduled to run 1 hour. I have seen them run up to 1 hour 20 min if the instructor gets too chatty.

We have done it on the Breakaway, Eacape, and most recently on the Bliss (where they sold out 4 sessions with a long stand by list).

Liz

The class is scheduled to run 1 hour. I have seen them run up to 1 hour 20 min if the instructor gets too chatty.

We have done it on the Breakaway, Eacape, and most recently on the Bliss (where they sold out 4 sessions with a long stand by list).

Where do you sign up for the class? and being in the Haven should i let the concierge know we're interested?

I tried posting a pic of the daily but they either came out waaaay too big so i resized and copy and pasted and it never showed up:eek: but i promise you it is at 7pm Bermuda days;p

Thanks

Liz:D

Just remember that OP is asking about a Bermuda cruise where the ship is docked for a number of nights. Many people will be ashore for dinner and the ship will not be as busy as you expect.

Where do you sign up for the class? and being in the Haven should i let the concierge know we're interested?

I tried posting a pic of the daily but they either came out waaaay too big so i resized and copy and pasted and it never showed up:eek: but i promise you it is at 7pm Bermuda days;p

Thanks

Liz:D

Liz,

The "official" sign-up is at the box office at the entrance to the theater. You have to sign up for the class. The concierge staff can do that for you (they will have the schedule at the concierge desk). We prefer to go to the box office so that we can preview the picture that is being painted. Needs to be done on Embarkation Day.

This link has a couple of the paintings done on the Escape in April https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55871789&postcount=174

This link is our live post from the Escape in April (includes Haven pictures) https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2624246

Thank you:D

My neighbor just got back Sunday with the dailies papers and low and behold its printed at 7PM. And no less its at the 5'oclock bar:D How can they set up in a Bar?? LOL

Liz

They hold the class not AT the bar but at the 5 O'Clock Somewhere INSIDE venue which is a large space. They set up tables with the canvases etc. and from my experience it sells out nearly every time.

Tracy

They hold the class not AT the bar but at the 5 O'Clock Somewhere INSIDE venue which is a large space. They set up tables with the canvases etc. and from my experience it sells out nearly every time.

The link above shows the class set up in the 5 O’Clock Somewhere club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the painting changes each day and if you know what you are painting when you are signing up? I am interested and curious. Thanks!

When you sign up, there will be a sample of the painting that you will be doing. NCL corporate identifies pictures for the class by region. E.g., for Alaska, they added the whale tail to the selection of art. Your are signing up to do a specific picture.

Just wondering what is the cost for Canvas by U. I have been on several NCL cruises and never saw this being offered, This time is different a few guys with wives or girlfriends who may be interested in do thing while us guy may seek out some place to watch some sports have something to eat and a couple of cold beers. They do this when they are on land and we are next door having wings and beer killing an hour waiting for them to finish.

I think they may be interested in the tacos on NCL own island at the bar since I have never seen this offered but must be with the new construction of the island and I know a couple of women may be interested if they get things together and reserve their cabin.

Just wondering what is the cost for Canvas by U. I have been on several NCL cruises and never saw this being offered, This time is different a few guys with wives or girlfriends who may be interested in do thing while us guy may seek out some place to watch some sports have something to eat and a couple of cold beers. They do this when they are on land and we are next door having wings and beer killing an hour waiting for them to finish.

I think they may be interested in the tacos on NCL own island at the bar since I have never seen this offered but must be with the new construction of the island and I know a couple of women may be interested if they get things together and reserve their cabin.

The cost of the class is $35 per session. You need to bring your own adult beverage to help your creativeness. It has been on most ships for over a year.

The taco stand on GSC was built during the major rennovations in late 2016. The soft tacos are kinda hard to handle. There were not any plates and utensils there when we were there last.

Bird Travel

Thank you very much for the information regarding the paint classes and I am sure they will be involved in them or at least one or two. We have sailed NCL for the last two years with our 3rd being the Escape next year and we have never seen any thing for the class but the again the cruise 2 years ago was our honeymoon and last year was our anniversary cruise and this one is just to get away for a week so she will have time to go to this and hopefully have fun and relax

Sam

Thank you very much for the information regarding the paint classes and I am sure they will be involved in them or at least one or two. We have sailed NCL for the last two years with our 3rd being the Escape next year and we have never seen any thing for the class but the again the cruise 2 years ago was our honeymoon and last year was our anniversary cruise and this one is just to get away for a week so she will have time to go to this and hopefully have fun and relax

Happy Painting!

Here's a few pics of painting "objectives" on our recent cruises.

Bliss Canvas by U: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56250941&postcount=317

Breakaway Canvas by U: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53189011&postcount=43

Sky Canvas by U: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53960419&postcount=17

Escape Canvas by U: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show...&postcount=174