price drop

We had a similar problem, we booked months ago as the local Thomson travel shop advised the cruise was filling up quick when in actual fact it wasn’t and price drops were in place all the time. Got no problem normally with price drops but to be misled by a Thomson travel shop is disgusting. Customer service just sent a standard copy and paste email without looking into the real problem. We asked for prices to upgrade cabins and were quoted prices much higher than new bookings.

We had a similar problem, we booked months ago as the local Thomson travel shop advised the cruise was filling up quick when in actual fact it wasn’t and price drops were in place all the time. Got no problem normally with price drops but to be misled by a Thomson travel shop is disgusting. Customer service just sent a standard copy and paste email without looking into the real problem. We asked for prices to upgrade cabins and were quoted prices much higher than new bookings.

In your position I would be thinking "grrrrrr"

In your position I would be thinking "grrrrrr"

Can’t let it spoil our holiday, we’ve worked too hard for that. Leaves a sour taste but can always go back to P&O next year at least our loyalty is valued more there with on board discounts and free upgrades.

This recently happened to us - paid nearly 1100 Pounds each for a 12 night cruise and the price dropped to just over 700 Pounds each. As we hadn't yet paid the final balance it was cheaper for us to cancel and lose the 300 Pound deposit we had paid then immediately rebook at the lower price (we had booked on line not in a TA). Saved well over 300 Pounds and even got a better grade of cabin.

This recently happened to us - paid nearly 1100 Pounds each for a 12 night cruise and the price dropped to just over 700 Pounds each. As we hadn't yet paid the final balance it was cheaper for us to cancel and lose the 300 Pound deposit we had paid then immediately rebook at the lower price (we had booked on line not in a TA). Saved well over 300 Pounds and even got a better grade of cabin.

I cancelled our November cruise to Jordan last week for the same reason. The new price was just under £800 and losing the deposit was worth it. The agent tried to tell me that I would lose out but when she did the calculations she was surprised. There was no other change as we are happy with the cabin, luggage, seats previously selected. The difference will pay for shore excursion to Petra as that is the only reason we are doing this cruise. Nice to get a little something for once in 30 years.

btw Brenda. Lovely to see you and Ian are getting around now after all you've been through. Keep cruising.:*

btw Brenda. Lovely to see you and Ian are getting around now after all you've been through. Keep cruising.:*

Oh, thank you! Going to keep cruising as long as possible - next one Canaries on Dream in December.

Can’t let it spoil our holiday, we’ve worked too hard for that. Leaves a sour taste but can always go back to P&O next year at least our loyalty is valued more there with on board discounts and free upgrades.

You are just as likely to suffer the same fate with any other cruise company including P & O with whom I've cruised many times. Pricing for cruise holidays is very fluid, can and does go up and down depending on demand. Book when you are happy with the price, don't look at pricing subsequently. As you won't have paid your full invoice you could consider cancelling and rebooking at the cheaper price if the savings are really worthwhile.

I've had this happen more times on P&O than Thomson

As you say you are so looking forward to your cruise. I totally understand your frustration with said travel agent. Of course you will have a fabulous cruise, just think of the sail away! Happy days...:cool:

We have booked a cruise on discovery for November there has been a price drop since we booked is there any recourse on this

I recently bought a shirt in M&S and a few weeks later it was reduced significantly in their sale - same scenario.

I recently bought a shirt in M&S and a few weeks later it was reduced significantly in their sale - same scenario.

If they keep shutting shops you will get some right bargains,I went to the York M&S outlet the day before our cruise and I bought a sweater for £2.99 that was priced at £49.99 bargain,

If you still have the receipt you will get the price you paid refunded.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Correct Sheila

If I read it right Ska Man bought the jumper for £2.99 why would he want to return it?

Surprised someone( of a certaing age i,m sure]is not paying attention ;) :D

I was replying to WCM not Ska Man

And I'm surprised someone (of a certain age I'm sure) is suggesting returning it after washing and ironing it !!!!

:D At the time of replying was unaware it had been washed and ironed,however it would have saved the next person buying it the trouble of having to give it a wash and iron :D

Before anyone jumps in,i,m jesting

And I'm surprised someone (of a certain age I'm sure) is suggesting returning it after washing and ironing it !!!!
This one has gone right off the rails

My reply to Jim the Scot's suggestion had a question mark.

After having worn it, with a subsequent wash and iron ?
Not Guilty - Innocent - No Case To Answer !!!

If you still have the receipt you will get the price you paid refunded.

AFAIK, M&S (any store for that matter) are not under legal obligation to refunded unless goods sold are faulty - their policy is to refund but that's not statutory where merchandise is fit for purpose.

Edited by WeeCountyMan