Elation review 04/05/18--no pictures

ncbookworm

**Sorry I just realized I put the wrong date! We sailed on 4/2/18.**

Sorry there aren't any pictures for this, but I'm not a picture taker. I am so grateful for all the help that I got from these boards, and I voraciously searched and read any review on the Elation as I prepared for this trip. I hope this quick review will help someone else!

TRAVELLERS--Me (40) [3rd cruise], DH (44) [2nd cruise], Son (14) [1st cruise], and Son (12) [1st cruise]

THE SHIP--We had a fantastic trip, and I loved this boat and the crew on it. I never met a single person that was not kind or inviting. By the end of a week, many felt like family, and that is totally because they go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and a part of them. There were rarely lines for things, and if there were, they moved quickly. It is so amazing that there can be so many people in one relatively small space, and it still not feel crowded. I've only been on this size ship, and I really like it. The pool and the hot tubs were the most crowded places, but that didn't really bother me because I don't care too much about that. My youngest always wanted to get in the hot tub, but never would because it was too crowded. Waterworks was up and going with only a few brief exceptions, and the lines for the slides moved quickly. The serenity area is small, but there were typically open loungers. However, the shaded space is at a premium there and was usually full.

FOOD--We did late dining. It's what I've always done, and I still find that that works for me. I'm usually a late lunch eater, and I feel like I'm not hungry enough to take full advantage of the multiple courses if I were to eat earlier. The service was very good and the food was pretty good as well. We made sure to have dinner there each night, and we ate brunch on the sea days. Guy's Burgers are sensational! You do have to ask for the type of burger you want or you just get a plain cheeseburger. The Blue Iguana was good, but I didn't care for the salsas that they had. For me, that made them not as good as they could be because I love salsa. We had the Cheers package and some of my favorite drinks were: White Chocolate Caramel Frappe (non alcoholic) at the coffee bar, Mocha Chocolate Getaway (alcoholic), and A Kiss on the Lips.

HALF MOON CAY--Such a beautiful place! The food there was good, and the lines were short and moved quickly. We had Cabana #10, and we loved it. I would definitely recommend a cabana. I am not a sun bather, and I really enjoyed the shade, the cushioned loungers, the fan, and the a/c. The a/c doesn't make it cold, but it did cool off the shaded area. Having our drinks right there in a cooler was awesome. We got a ride to our cabana, but we walked back to the tender. It wasn't a bad walk. We also got snorkel gear and floats to use. The water was a little cool at first, but once you acclimated, it was really nice.

NASSAU--We booked an excursion through Carnival for a full day at Atlantis with a deep water dolphin swim. It was a little slow to get started because we had to wait for the group leaders from Atlantis to get onto the ship, give out wrist bands, and complete paperwork. Once we were on our way, we had to walk to the waiting shuttle buses. It was a little difficult to stay with the group because there are multiple other groups going different places doing the same thing, and it can get confusing. Stay close and keep up, is the best advice I can give. Some of our group got lost in the crowd, but the leader did go back for them. Once we arrived at Atlantis, we had another leader that took us through the resort. It's huge! We would have struggled to find our way without her. We had the first assigned time for the dolphin swim, and she took us to the Dolphin Cay area. We quickly got suited up and in the water, and we had a great time. We were on our own to find our way to the waterpark area, but we found someone to ask and they were helpful. We had to ask for help to direct us back out to the shuttle are, but once again, there was someone to ask that gave good directions. We had a great time, and I'm so glad that we went. The lines were long for some of the more popular slides, but not too bad overall. My only complaint would be that there was not a lunch voucher with this excursion, even though the full day without the dolphin swim does have one. The food wasn't bad, and the price was comparable to other theme parks. No cash, only credit or debit cards accepted here.

ONBOARD ACTIVITIES--My youngest is shy and reserved. He went once to the Circle C club, but didn't want to go back again. I think if he had a friend he knew, he would have been fine. We loved the library and playing the games there. I would suggest that if you like puzzles, bring your own so that you know you have all the pieces. Next time I'll bring a few other games that we like, as well. My oldest is outgoing and has never met a stranger in his life. He took advantage of many of the activities. He will be 15 in a week, and on the second day, he took it upon himself to ask to be moved to the older teens group. I had no idea he had done it until he told me at the end of the week. They did let him move up. He knew most of the Fun Crew's name and they knew his, by the end of the week. He's asked to go on another cruise for his next birthday. The PunchLiner Comedy Club was great. The comedians were hilarious, and I wish there were more shows! The production shows were good. I prefer a story, and the 2 that were showing this time were more about rock and pop music. They were well done, but again, not what I would typically choose to see.

EMBARKATION/DEBARKATION--Super simple and easy. We had Faster to the Fun, and I would

do it every time. We also carry on our luggage which I think helps to make the process easier and faster.

I think that is everything that I was looking for information about when I was planning this trip. I can hardly wait until our next cruise! Let me know if you have any questions. Peggy

• 2 months later...

Can you give more details about debarkation? How quickly does it go? What time were you off the ship? How long does it take to get to the airport?

Also how long were you able to utilize the water park at Atlantis after the dolphins? I'm thinking of doing this same excursion but want to make sure we can at least enjoy a few hours at the water park after the dolphins. That's a bummer about the lunch voucher though, especially considering the cost of the excursion.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Pretty much the same experience we had in March. Main difference was on our trip the Serenity area stayed packed. Didn't bother me much as I found another spot I preferred to people watch from and read while my wife napped. Otherwise generally the same experience ship wise. Afternoons the wait in line at the Red Frog could get long, made for a nice chance to explore the menu at the Blue Iguana.

HMC we just stuck to the beach and found a nice shaded spot. Agreed the food was good but still think it is a complete money grab to not include Cheers. If Princess can do it there is zero reason Carnival can't.

Nassau just did self guided walking tour.

We liked it so much we are going back in November and taking my daughter on her first cruise as an early Christmas present. Even have the Elation booked next year when she moves to Orlando to see some new ports.