Oasis/Allure vs Harmony/Symphony vs Freedom or Quantum class?

I’m torn between Oasis class and refurbished Freedom class or Anthem.

As far as I can tell, the Oasis and Allure do not have water slides, right? If not, that’s a deal breaker and would knock them out of the running.

Harmony/Symphony look amazing and I’m drawn to them because there is more to do and people say they feel less crowded.

Anthem and refurbed Freedom class being smaller is a plus and they seem to have more water slides, laser tag etc.

Kids will be 5, 7, 10 at sailing and won’t probably spend a ton of time in the clubs. They are all tall so height mins prob won’t be an issue. The just turned 5yo is 46.5” to give you an idea.

What would you pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The kids would have a great time on any of those ships.

Even without the water slides Allure and Oasis are great ships.

I would tend to avoid Anthem out of anew Jersey if you are looking at a fall/winter/spring cruise just due to the cooler weather.

I find the Oasis class ships less crowded than Freedom class.

I would pick a sailing based on itinerary, but that’s my personal preference. What are your choices for these ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The KSF sailings, so mostly Caribbean. My first choice would be Europe but none of those have the promo.

I’m torn between Oasis class and refurbished Freedom class or Anthem.

As far as I can tell, the Oasis and Allure do not have water slides, right? If not, that’s a deal breaker and would knock them out of the running.

Harmony/Symphony look amazing and I’m drawn to them because there is more to do and people say they feel less crowded.

Anthem and refurbed Freedom class being smaller is a plus and they seem to have more water slides, laser tag etc.

Kids will be 5, 7, 10 at sailing and won’t probably spend a ton of time in the clubs. They are all tall so height mins prob won’t be an issue. The just turned 5yo is 46.5” to give you an idea.

What would you pick?

My family has done all the ships listed. Our kids and us gravitate toward oasis class all the time. I like everything about oasis class over freedom and anthem. Oasis just seems so much more open an many more things to do. Jmo

I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing a water slide on the Anthem. If that is a primary factor, then you should be aware of that fact. Water slides are fairly new on Royal Caribbean. I think the only Freedom Class that has a water slide is the Liberty, though Independence is going through refit soon and will receive water slides as well as a trampoline park or something like that.

The KSF sailings, so mostly Caribbean. My first choice would be Europe but none of those have the promo.

Do you have an embarkation port preference? For example, are you willing to fly to San Juan for a Freedom sailing? I like the Southern Caribbean itineraries because those ports are gorgeous.

When are you looking to sail? You could probably swing a good deal on an Oasis class sailing if you’re willing to cruise in the offseason.

Edit: I just reread your original post, and, yes, there are currently no water slides on Anthem, Freedom, Oasis, Allure, and Indy (to be added in dry dock). So, I guess you can disregard my post and look for Harmony, Symphony, Liberty sailings lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk