Hapag-Lloyd Cruises: Hanseatic nature and Hanseatic inspiration.

English Voyager

This morning I received from Hapag-Lloyd Cruises a leaflet providing further details on these new ships.

The on board language is:

Hanseatic nature:

German only.

Hanseatic inspiration:

German and English.

Presentations, and service announcements in English provided on all expeditions.

Excursions conducted in the two languages.

Maximum passenger capacity 230 guests, but only 199 on Antarctic cruises.

85% balcony cabins and suites with veranda or French balcony.

The glass floored balconies are extendible.

Tiered observation deck with mounted telescopes, and observation lounge with180 degree panoramic view.

Maiden Voyage:

Hanseatic nature: April 2019.

Hanseatic inspiration: October 2019.

PREVIEW:

The preview for both ships will appear at the end of August 2017.

Ought to be fantastic. I am hoping that this may be my next go to cruise line, if there are bilingual cruises to suit.

Notwithstanding the fact that all cruises on the Europa 2 are bilingual, prospective German passengers register an interest in specific cruises when the German language preview brochure is posted on line on the German language website.( www.hl-cruises.de ) every November.

The English language preview brochure follows some time later.

Full brochures with prices are generally posted online, again on the German website, the following February.

One then has a period of grace within which to make a decision on a registered interest cruise.

Notwithstanding the fact that all cruises on the Europa 2 are bilingual, prospective German passengers register an interest in specific cruises when the German language preview brochure is posted on line on the German language website.( www.hl-cruises.de ) every November.

The English language preview brochure follows some time later.

Full brochures with prices are generally posted online, again on the German website, the following February.

One then has a period of grace within which to make a decision on a registered interest cruise.

So, you are saying that German passengers (or German speaking passengers) get a heads up before English speaking passengers. Where is the fairness in that?

So, you are saying that German passengers (or German speaking passengers) get a heads up before English speaking passengers. Where is the fairness in that?

I don't know anything about Hapag Lloyd, but for the Royal Caribbean cruise to Alaska I have booked for August 2018, we were weeks to see the itinerary in March-April 2017. Some Aussies have joined the cruise and they said that they couldn't see Alaska 2018 itineraries until after May 31.

Apparently, cruise lines release itineraries to different countries at different times. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

The language is German, the itineraries are self evident.

One chooses one or more itineraries and registers with Hapag-Lloyd Cruises an interest in a specific category and/or stateroom.

Hardly onerous.

In any event, one would expect a delay in the translating in to, and proof reading of, an English language brochure.

I'm not sure why this is an issue of fairness? The US cruise lines don't have all the brochures or websites in other languages at the ready and simultaneously.

The online English website, which most people use now a days, seems to be current,

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Received the Hanseatic Inspiration brochure in English by post yesterday. One or two cruises in 2020 - two and a half years from now - looked interesting. All sold out already! Hopefully it's just people taking options, which might dwindle, so looking to be waitlisted.

Received the Hanseatic Inspiration brochure in English by post yesterday. One or two cruises in 2020 - two and a half years from now - looked interesting. All sold out already! Hopefully it's just people taking options, which might dwindle, so looking to be waitlisted.

In February 2016 I was waitlisted for the Europa 2's Christmas/ New Year 2017 South America cruise.

In early December last year my TA received a call from Hapag-Lloyd advising that a vacancy had arisen.

Unfortunately, I had made other arrangements.

Same here! I am also hopeful but haven't joined a waitlist - yet. I don't even remember whether it was the Nature or the Inspiration. Brochure is in the paper recycle bin. Rio - Belem was still available, Belem - Iquitos sold out.

How is it not fair? They can choose whatever language they like, and you're free to choose whatever language you want to translate their web pages into. They aren't turning anyone down because of their language.

Every company around the world must not list all their products and services in multiple languages to everyone all the time, and I don't see anything unfair about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Was lucky enough to get an email from my TA saying that a few cabins on the Chicago - Toronto Great Lakes cruise in June 2020 had come up, with options expiring, so managed to bag a junior suite. Really excited. About a dozen cabins now appear available, so quite a lot of people must have given up their options. Quite a few available on the previous Toronto to Chicago leg too.

Not quite sure I like the proposed interior colour schemes (all green turquoise and blue) or retro-modern furniture, but looks a lovely ship. Pleased they haven't saddled it with a submarine or fleet of helicopters!

In February 2016 I was waitlisted for the Europa 2's Christmas/ New Year 2017 South America cruise.

In early December last year my TA received a call from Hapag-Lloyd advising that a vacancy had arisen.

Unfortunately, I had made other arrangements.

For us, had this happened, buying short-notice tickets to South America would have been full price business class, a small fortune from SFO, and enough to pay for another cruise, so we also would have declined.

Unfortunately for most cruises we have to be advance planners, both due to work and for opportunities to get reasonable airfare that is not in moo-class. HL’s small deposit and its policy not requiring full payment until a month before sailing likely leads to many pax booking spots and then cancelling.

For us, had this happened, buying short-notice tickets to South America would have been full price business class, a small fortune from SFO, and enough to pay for another cruise, so we also would have declined.

Unfortunately for most cruises we have to be advance planners, both due to work and for opportunities to get reasonable airfare that is not in moo-class. HL’s small deposit and its policy not requiring full payment until a month before sailing likely leads to many pax booking spots and then cancelling.

As well as the short- notice air fare, there was also the impact on the cruise price of the post Brexit devaluation of Sterling against the Euro.

Hapag-Lloyd has posted a, German language, video showing the proposed design of the staterooms.

Thanks, that's very helpful. I have to say, they look very wipe clean / functional rather than aspirational. Kind of Blakes Seven meets Travelodge. That said, I am still very excited to be going on the Hanseatic inspiration!

• 5 months later...