$99 cruise fare low dough price watch thread - forever

LMaxwell

Starting this thread to post specifically about cruise fare deals that are posted at $99 or below.

This may be a good thread for last minute deals on 3 nighters/4 nighters and sometimes there is an occasional 1 or 2 night sailing that pops up. Sure, the taxes mess up the value proposition a bit, but that's not up for debate here. This will be informational in purpose and bumped up when appropriate; welcome to any member to post the hot ticket they stumble on.

For anyone reading; always remember to look at the posting date as I hope this thread has a long and useful life, but the information is likely to be very time sensitive.

So, let's start looking out fellow low dough, sneak out the office with a carry on ready to go, cruise nuts. For $99 if it's anything above being towed behind in a life boat you are ahead of the game.

I love this idea and readers MUST be aware of posting dates, also knowing that some pricing is not applicable to everyone, ( resident, senior, military, etc. ) and can disappear in an instant.

$99 is a bit low, even for the 3/4 night, especially if one is looking for a OV cabin, so how about considering a bit higher range, say $199.

thanks, M

Brilliant idea!

Unfortunately for me not being in the US may affect this slightly but I can always have a look at the same cruise over here and see what comes up!

Thank you

Jo :)

http://www.ncl.com/cruises/1-night-cruise-from-southampton-london-GETAWAY1SOUSOU?pageSize=5&duration=8051&sortBy=Featured&currentPage=1&autoPopulate=f&from=resultPage&numberOfGuests=4294915774&&itineraryCode=GETAWAY1SOUSOU

OP:

A huge thank you for the info regarding RCCL Navigator out of Galveston May 25, 2014. I was able to score my 1st balcony at those prices and just really appreciate your kindness in posting.

Thank you again!!

You're welcome. I am not in the travel industry at all, so I gain nothing. I just think this is fun. Hidden in a thread somewhere I discovered an under $99 deal on Vision that got me to Diamond BEFORE a 10 night cruise, not after it. So I do love a good deal / bargain. I just had my very first balcony too; upgrading from a standard interior cabin on the Allure to a Hump D1 for NO money because of this website and someone alerting about price drops. This is a fun and interesting way to pay it forward.

There is also a 2 Night; 1 Way from NY to Nassau for $99 on the Getaway. That's pretty incredible and a unique way to explore a brand new ship.

$99 is a bit low, even for the 3/4 night, especially if one is looking for a OV cabin, so how about considering a bit higher range, say $199.

Yes, it is low. But they can be found and snapped up quickly. $199 is too easy; shooting fish in a barrel. $99 is more rare and must trigger some sort of dopamine release in the brain when you book it:D

There is also a 2 Night; 1 Way from NY to Nassau for $99 on the Getaway. That's pretty incredible and a unique way to explore a brand new ship.

There are some on there from Spain also starting around 50pp

The cab ride to the pier in NY could be more than the cruise

Edited by setsail

That it is amazing! Thank you! If I can get out of work Wednesday I will definitely do it as I live one hour from Southampton and was heading down there next week to take a look anyway!!

• 9 months later...
I think a better comparative measure is pppn inc tx. <$50 is serious bargain.

This thread would be posted to daily and you'd almost never have to be back on terra firma . I think your metric is solid for always ensuring a good value. But $99 is $99! It has that magic ring to it.

Kind of a bummer when port charges are more than the fare though. What if I agree not to get off the ship? :cool:

This thread would be posted to daily and you'd almost never have to be back on terra firma . I think your metric is solid for always ensuring a good value. But $99 is $99! It has that magic ring to it.

Kind of a bummer when port charges are more than the fare though. What if I agree not to get off the ship? :cool:

Thats the point it has no meaning if you don't include the compulsory costs.

if $50pppn inc tax is common set the bar lower.

• 4 weeks later...

The port fees and taxes are somewhat vague...

What I mean by that, is the cruiseline will not break down the actual fee they are paying, because in many cases, they are adding additional profit to it...kind of like some local telephone companies do on their complicated bills.

If you compare two identical itineraries on competing cruiselines, you may see different amounts for these port taxes, which theoretically should be identical...

The new Going Going Gone Sale that started at 12 am today has insides and PR cabins for $79 pp. We just booked a mid ship deck 8 promenade for $341 including taxes, fees and gratuities!

Cathy

Great price, but I don't think I'd do a two night cruise unless it was part of a consecutive cruise in the same stateroom.

Great price, but I don't think I'd do a two night cruise unless it was part of a consecutive cruise in the same stateroom.

Oh I looked into just that Bob. Unfortunately there is nothing before or after. It's only an he drive so no biggie.

Cathy