Ventura has issues

Spurschick

Parents currently on Ventura. They contacted me last night to let me know they arrived in Antigua a day early and expect to be there for 3 nights. Apparently some mechanical issues with ship and they are trying to fix.

No news yet on how the remainder of the itinerary will be amended.

That's a real shame. Hope it all gets sorted out quickly for them.

Ventura has not been lucky recently, different issues before the New Year.

Thanks, so do I. I will update when I have more info. I am hoping to catch up with them later today.

Parents currently on Ventura. They contacted me last night to let me know they arrived in Antigua a day early and expect to be there for 3 nights. Apparently some mechanical issues with ship and they are trying to fix.

No news yet on how the remainder of the itinerary will be amended.

It's actually 2 full days and 2 overnights. It's beautiful and sunny here .. smiles. Some of the ports of call have been changed around and we lose the day at sea in the Caribbean to compensate for the extra day in Antigua, which is not a bad option. Yes, there are some mechanical problem that needs a fix but can't be the engines as we came across the pond at 19 knots.

Bal

It's actually 2 full days and 2 overnights. It's beautiful and sunny here .. smiles. Some of the ports of call have been changed around and we lose the day at sea in the Caribbean to compensate for the extra day in Antigua, which is not a bad option. Yes, there are some mechanical problem that needs a fix but can't be the engines as we came across the pond at 19 knots.

Bal

The ship has more engines and generators than are needed at any one time so it may well have suffered an engine or generator problem. Passengers would never know.

She's only a few weeks away from here scheduled refit so whatever the underlying issue is I'm sure it will be properly fixed in a few weeks time in dry dock.

Hopefully its stop over in Antigua will have put right the current problem because we are sailing on her last cruise before her refit.

Hopefully its stop over in Antigua will have put right the current problem because we are sailing on her last cruise before her refit.

Great hardship John having two days here In Antigua. Ship fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am not surprised repairs needed - thought after the dreadful noises the ship was making when she listed in the Bay of Biscay, that some damage must have taken place.

Have to hope that its the end of the problems for Ventura - depends if the norovirus rears its ugly head again - too soon to tell I think!! Hopefully, they have improved the hygiene on board!!

I am not surprised repairs needed - thought after the dreadful noises the ship was making when she listed in the Bay of Biscay, that some damage must have taken place.

Have to hope that its the end of the problems for Ventura - depends if the norovirus rears its ugly head again - too soon to tell I think!! Hopefully, they have improved the hygiene on board!!

No NV on this cruise. We are now 12 days in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, after three cruises, just after Christmas, someone was brought on board to deal with the noro situation.

Took three cruises and ruining countless peoples holidays, before the geniuses at P&O realised that this was not being dealt with properly onboard. Saw the first signs when the salt/peppers were removed and also hard menu covers.

So, for the sake of all those on this long cruise, I hope noro has now been eradicated.

Enjoy this cruise DaiB:halo: