Foodie gift on embarkation day

CruiserBelle

If you order one of the snack tray things (like the canapes) for embarkation day. When is it in your cabin? Is it there when you arrive?

Ours was a gift from TA (I'm sure purchased with her credits), and arrived about 4pm on embarkation day.

You didn't ask, but honestly I wouldn't pay for this tray. It was 12 bite sized things. There was nothing wrong with any of them, but there is so much food all over the ship that I wouldn't consider paying $10 for this to be a good value.

If you order one of the snack tray things (like the canapes) for embarkation day. When is it in your cabin? Is it there when you arrive?

I always order one of the "noshes" for delivery on sailaway day. My wife and I enjoy them along with Champagne (that I bring) on the balcony as we are leaving port. There have been times when it was there when we arrived, but as a rule we find that it arrives early-to-mid afternoon and always before the muster drill. You didn't ask, but we have had the same delivery experience for room flowers that I have ordered.

For what it's worth, I think the canapes are fine, although, we normally go for the raw vegetable platter. I don't particularly care for the cheese platter, but that's just me, and, yes, it is the exact same cheese that they offer in the buffet. I will add that the cheese platter is quite large. The one time I did order it, we were eating off it for, as I recall, three days. I will admit that after three days it was tasting pretty stale, and, so, we tossed the last few slices. Maybe that is what gave me the bad taste. The chocolate-dipped strawberries are quite good.

OP...I am smiling as you ask about when it arrives and most posts tell you not to order any items.....:D;)

Usually, it arrives before muster....if it is not up to your satisfaction, I would make my concern to room service.

We have had good luck when we have purchased a selection on line. Sounds like XBGuy(wine guy) has too.

Some cruisers receive a perk of canapes on formal nights...those have gone down hill the last few years....most notably the size of the items have shrunk and choc cover strawberries are no longer a selection on the "perk" order form.

Edited by land lover

Last cruise we ordered the cheese and cracker plate just to add to the fun of getting in your room and unpacking. The food was there when we arrived and it was a tasty little treat before lunch. The best bargain in the world? probably not. But added to our memories and lets face it when you pay $8 for I drink who cares about a cheese plate. Your on vacation for God's sake.

We got the canapes as a gift from TA on arrival and again on formal night. The only difference was the number of pieces--12 from TA, 6 on formal night.

We never got the "order form" in our cabin that I'd read about on the boards. The delivery on formal nights seemed to be the same for each suite as I saw them being delivered once. This was April 1-11.

Last cruise we ordered the cheese and cracker plate just to add to the fun of getting in your room and unpacking. The food was there when we arrived and it was a tasty little treat before lunch. The best bargain in the world? probably not. But added to our memories and lets face it when you pay $8 for I drink who cares about a cheese plate. Your on vacation for God's sake.

Exactly - we did the same thing and added a wine package (3) little bottles as I remember on an at sea day when we had a balcony - and before the AIBP and PBP

Was very nice and relaxing - and pretty sure we got different cheeses than offered in the buffet

Now this was a few years ago...:cool:

In a suite you can order just the ones you like. My DH likes the prosciutto wrapped bread sticks so I order just those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I keep reading this on the boards, but when in our suite, we never got the menu to order. I suspect it was like many other things we were missing--steward didn't put them in the room. We had to ask for laundry bag, welcome letter, etc.

I keep reading this on the boards' date=' but when in our suite, we never got the menu to order. I suspect it was like many other things we were missing--steward didn't put them in the room. We had to ask for laundry bag, welcome letter, etc.[/quote']

Even though others have posted they have had wonderful service in suites......not that we spring for a suite very often but when we have...We have viewed the service by the stewards as sub-par....a few years ago we even had a steward that told us it was a long way to walk to get our laundry so asked if it was okay if he brought it the next day. Another one spent a 1/2 hour in our suite telling us about his difficult life after we just asked for some extra towels.....maybe we have just had bad luck...but my belief is the more experienced attendants with accolades when given a choice( I understand they are) never pick a group of cabins involving suites.

We have not had a suite for over a year so maybe they no longer let you make selections.

Edited by land lover