Milkshakes and non alcoholic drinks for kids

sweets2323

So basically, we will have to pay for each non alcoholic drink like milkshakes and fruity drinks that my teens may want once they see it? I don’t see any other packages except the cheer package that offer those types of drinks and they said we can’t share [emoji848]

I plan on getting them all the bottomless bubbles package. So there free with drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. Some lines offer a non-alcoholic package that includes milkshakes and smoothies but carnival does not. Your kids see many things every day at home that they may ‘want’. I would just tell them ahead of time what to expect and discuss budgets and who pays for onboard spending.

You mean I cant order a milkshake for my 7yo from my cheers program.... How can they police that?

if you are talking about 1 milkshake, I would recommend you just buy it for the few bucks so your not breaking the rules and risking them seeing it.

if you are talking about getting your child several milkshakes during the cruise, your odds continue to go up that you will be seen and the potential is there that they will catch you. Its against the rules. You cant really go by anyone else either because at anytime they think they want to reassess their profits, they could decide to crack down on this type of rule breaking and there would be nothing you can do about it if they cancel your cheers because of it.

personally, you are also setting an example for your 7yo that they will see. Set the example you want them to follow. After that, its up to you

Last year on Vista - sitting at pool bar I ordered a drink with my Cheers- bartender was one of the Alchemy mixologists who knew us well. Then my mom came up to bar, ordered a drink with her Cheers and a Nonalcoholic strawberry daiquiri for my 6 year old. She was willing to pay for it but bartender said to me- don't pay, give me your card I'll put it on your Cheers. My 5 minutes had passed so no issue. Worked well for him as we tipped with cash often at Alchemy. No we didn't keep doing this as my kids only get limited "fancy drinks" and we don't mind paying but obviously the bartenders know what is going on and I don't think they care if you don't abuse it.

Do carnival hire people to watch whose giving a drink to their kid. I’m picturing myself getting a frozen drink and walking to the pool area and as I hand over the drink to my daughter, someone is tapping me on my shoulder. [emoji848]

I am getting our son the bottomless bubbles and I will have the Cheers program. Even though I will NEVER be able to reach Cheers' breakeven point. Because my husband and I both have to buy cheers and I **may** drink 2 coffees (this is my true vice) and 3 alcoholic drinks per day (total stretch as I don't drink 3 drinks a month at home), I won't be made to feel like I am cheating the system in doing so. On Princess, I bought him the same, but their version includes those drinks AND I didn't have to buy a drink package I wouldn't use. Weird that sister companies can be so different regarding these policies, but it is what it is. Either way, I don't feel like I am cheating Carnival out of profits, as I know I can't possibly drink anywhere near what they are charging me for.

I am getting our son the bottomless bubbles and I will have the Cheers program. Even though I will NEVER be able to reach Cheers' breakeven point. Because my husband and I both have to buy cheers and I **may** drink 2 coffees (this is my true vice) and 3 alcoholic drinks per day (total stretch as I don't drink 3 drinks a month at home), I won't be made to feel like I am cheating the system in doing so. On Princess, I bought him the same, but their version includes those drinks AND I didn't have to buy a drink package I wouldn't use. Weird that sister companies can be so different regarding these policies, but it is what it is. Either way, I don't feel like I am cheating Carnival out of profits, as I know I can't possibly drink anywhere near what they are charging me for.

You do realize that cheers is 100% optional. So saying ‘they charge too much so I don’t feel bad about scamming’ is a ridiculous point. It sounds as though your family can pay as they go and do equal or better than cheers.

You do realize that cheers is 100% optional. So saying ‘they charge too much so I don’t feel bad about scamming’ is a ridiculous point. It sounds as though your family can pay as they go and do equal or better than cheers.

Sanger, I am not sure who you are quoting, but if this is directed at my post, please be sure to quote correctly. It's a definitely worth it for my husband and he prefers to not have to any attention to what he spends. Previously, I would put him in with one of our sons and the other with me and would purchase Cheers for him only. Since our oldest son will not be cruising with us this time, so I have purchased Cheers for both of us...You have a right to your opinion, like I said I will not be made to feel badly for my decisions.

Edited by WaggesAZ
? about the quote

Sanger, I am not sure who you are quoting, but if this is directed at my post, please be sure to quote correctly. It's a definitely worth it for my husband and he prefers to not have to any attention to what he spends. Previously, I would put him in with one of our sons and the other with me and would purchase Cheers for him only. Since our oldest son will not be cruising with us this time, so I have purchased Cheers for both of us...You have a right to your opinion, like I said I will not be made to feel badly for my decisions.

It’s not so much my opinion as how the program works

503d89ee8a6738d9f29eef67e2a43839.jpg

And yes, the quote was directed to you since you’re the one who said the cost wasn’t worthwhile for you so you don’t feel badly about sharing.

You mean I cant order a milkshake for my 7yo from my cheers program.... How can they police that?

How can they police whether you have integrity or not and do the right thing even if no one is watching? Do you really want to teach your 7-year-old how to cheat the system like that? The plan says no sharing and is why all adults in the same cabin have to purchase. If people keep it up and now share with their children, they will make a plan that includes the shakes, coffees, etc, but FORCE all in the cabin to have some sort of program and it will end up costing us all more.

In reality Carnival added the milkshakes to Cheers knowing that people would get them for their kids. It is a selling point.

Bologna, they added everything and made in enhanced when they made all adults 21+ in the same cabin have to purchase it. It wasn't so that parents could break the no sharing rules with their children. People are always looking for justification for breaking the rules.

Slow clap for you Sanger-when I need a morality check in the future, I will be sure to each out to you! ;p I genuinely have read and understand the rules, I am just inclined to share my opinion as to why it is flawed. I have paid for all of us to have inclusive beverages, and in my opinion, it's just ridiculous that their kids beverage program is so exclusive. However, in an effort to help you feel better about my decision, our son was born with an enzyme deficiency to break down milk fat (quite different than lactose intolerant, FYI) so the likelihood that I will be "scamming" much, if anything, from Carnival is actually not very likely. However, if he were to ask for something frozen, I wouldn't hesitate to use my Cheers to purchase him something. This is the last post for me on this thread, as I have said previously, I will not and do not feel badly about my choice.

You can definitely get your kids a milkshake or smoothie through your CHEERS plan. It's honestly not a big deal.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Forums mobile app

Yes it is a big deal. The only ones saying it's not a big deal are those people that think rules and expectations don't pertain to them and in the long run we all pay. Thank you very much....NOT.

if you are talking about 1 milkshake, I would recommend you just buy it for the few bucks so your not breaking the rules and risking them seeing it.

if you are talking about getting your child several milkshakes during the cruise, your odds continue to go up that you will be seen and the potential is there that they will catch you. Its against the rules. You cant really go by anyone else either because at anytime they think they want to reassess their profits, they could decide to crack down on this type of rule breaking and there would be nothing you can do about it if they cancel your cheers because of it.

personally, you are also setting an example for your 7yo that they will see. Set the example you want them to follow. After that, its up to you

EXCELLENT answer.