Need advice for getting off ship for excursions

katrina915

Took Dad in a wheelchair to Carribean and had a tour in Key West and encountered the mad dash to get off the ship. Trying to get on elevators and off the ship in the crowd was a little insane. Still can't figure out why people who can walk don't walk down stairs and not have to deal with that insanity.

I am now planning private shore excursions for Mediterranean cruise (Rome, Florence, Athens, etc) and we will be having a LOT of excursions. Does anyone have advice on getting off the ship in a timely manner without the mad dash with others to use the elevators and get off the ship? Stay on higher level deck and wait until you see people getting off ship and then take elevator down?

We will be cruising on Serenade of the Seas (smaller class ship of Royal Carribean). Thanks.

With our scooters we get on first elevator which hs room whether it is going up or down. We are lucky to travel with some able bodied friends and they often hve to block people who walk around the scooters to hurry in to elevatr. You would be amazed how invisalbe youare in a wheel chair or scooter to other passengers.

With our scooters we get on first elevator which hs room whether it is going up or down. We are lucky to travel with some able bodied friends and they often hve to block people who walk around the scooters to hurry in to elevatr. You would be amazed how invisalbe youare in a wheel chair or scooter to other passengers.

Same here!! When others see that the elevator is going up when they want to go down, I tell them so do I but this is the only way I can get an elevator so I just get in and ride in it until it gets me where I need to go. As I also tell them, it can only go so high or so low and if I'm already in it, no one can keep me out of it:)

Hate it when I cannot get into an elevator because of those very few pushy able bodied people with marbles for brains:(

Joanie

Archived