Breakaway to Bermuda Live August 30th

seadog67

Good Morning Cruise Critics, seadog67 here preparing to report live from our cruise next week on NCL Breakaway sailing from NY to Bermuda. I am creating the thread now as I have a few moments free when life does not get in the way, and also a place to put some of the preparation posts before leaving.

This will be my third live from in a row, after the last two cruises one on RCL Quantum of the Seas and our most recent trip on the NCL Gem in May - June which report can be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2212638

As with those reports, I hope to provide multiple daily postings with pictures and videos of activities we partake of, ship and stateroom photos and details and hopefully find answers to any questions anyone may have.

We will be living the suite life in Penthouse with large Balcony cabin 16116 in the Haven, which we are so looking forward to.

So I hope you will join us for a hopefully splendid trip to my favorite vacation spot, Bermudaaaaaa leaving this upcoming Sunday.

a6de6bf56b5416fcd573b82bbe8a327e.jpg

55b05c6d3842823c43174e8dd9260a73.jpg

Edited by seadog67

Thanks Goldmom and nanners! Really looking forward to it. Medium range forecast looks unsettled, will have to see what the weather is actually like this week there as next week looks the same:

00161c5490bc866ab45a22bdc3474d68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you know what time the ship leaves Bermuda. :D

[emoji3] that is one stop I wouldn't mind missing the ship lol. But I now know it is 3 instead of 5 pm :(

Hi Seadog, looks like we'll be neighbors. We are also in a suite a few doors down. Looking forward to meeting you. See you onboard.

Heidy Hoo neighbor, looking forward to it and a hopeful great week! See you in the Haven!

Seadog,

We will be in the Haven on October 18th. We have an OS #16100 and Penthouse #16118. I can't wait. It will be DD's 1st cruise ever!

Can you post who the concierge is, and if there will be a change before we sail?

I look forward to following you!

Thanks,

Linda

Seadog,

We will be in the Haven on October 18th. We have an OS #16100 and Penthouse #16118. I can't wait. It will be DD's 1st cruise ever!

Can you post who the concierge is, and if there will be a change before we sail?

I look forward to following you!

Thanks,

Linda

Thanks for following DaneFan! I will post the concierge and try and find out how long they will be there and try and remember to quote your post in my reply. (edit never mind saw your signature that you head to bermuda on the 18th)

Edited by seadog67

Thanks for following DaneFan! I will post the concierge and try and find out how long they will be there and try and remember to quote your post in my reply. Does your cruise on the 18th go to Bermuda still or back to the Bahamas?

We will be the last cruise for the year. The next week does Bahamas/Florida..

Linda

I'll be on board with you, although not in the Haven. Keeping fingers crossed for good weather. Someone posted that last week it rained in the mornings and evenings, but not so much during the day. If that pattern holds, I'll be happy.

I'll be on board with you, although not in the Haven. Keeping fingers crossed for good weather. Someone posted that last week it rained in the mornings and evenings, but not so much during the day. If that pattern holds, I'll be happy.

Awesome garnet! Heres to a great trip! It seems like there has been a low system giving the off and on clouds and storms for a week or so. Hopefully as you say we at least have nice days. On the other hand the water temps will hopefully be perfect for swimming:

8452913b6e2dd29457835aab99e72e5f.jpg

Enjoyed your last play by play from the Gem. Subscribed to this one. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks Bitterman, glad to have you along for the ride!

Yah so excited for this live thread! We'll be sailing on the BA next July for the 4th time but first for the Haven. Can't wait for your observations and photos. Thanks!!

Edited by Chesneygirl

Yah so excited for this live thread! We'll be sailing on the BA next July for the 4th time but first for the Haven. Can't wait for your observations and photos. Thanks!!

Thanks for following along Chesneygirl. This is our 4th on BA as well.

Looking forward to your play by play. We will be in the 2 bedroom Haven suite the following week.

Right on Cruisin, glad your following and hope you have a blast as well!

Looking forward to more, seadog. I also loved your Gem Live Report.

Breakaway to Bermuda was our favorite cruise vacation last year :)

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

Hey Meatball_nyc! Bermuda is the best. Live the clean beaches, but really love we are there for almost 3 days so you can really explore things without rushing in one day.

Thanks for following!

Really looking forward to your play by play. I am interested in your observations sailing on such a large ship. We will be trying The breakaway in April, and have never sailed such a large one.

I wish you a safe and memorable journey.

Hi RIvacationgirl! Are you from Rhode Island perhaps?

We have been on the BA several times now, and we do love many of its features being a large ship but dislike some other things about it like, in our opinion the inadequate pool layout, given the somewhat cluttered pool deck.

While we do love the haven, we are content with a balcony cabin on many ships but given we dislike the BA main pool deck when we sail her we always try for the Haven, which is a really nice area.

Thanks again for following !

Good Morning Cruise Critics, seadog67 here preparing to report live from our cruise next week on NCL Breakaway sailing from NY to Bermuda. I am creating the thread now as I have a few moments free when life does not get in the way, and also a place to put some of the preparation posts before leaving.

This will be my third live from in a row, after the last two cruises one on RCL Quantum of the Seas and our most recent trip on the NCL Gem in May - June which report can be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2212638

As with those reports, I hope to provide multiple daily postings with pictures and videos of activities we partake of, ship and stateroom photos and details and hopefully find answers to any questions anyone may have.

We will be living the suite life in Penthouse with large Balcony cabin 16116 in the Haven, which we are so looking forward to.

So I hope you will join us for a hopefully splendid trip to my favorite vacation spot, Bermudaaaaaa leaving this upcoming Sunday.

a6de6bf56b5416fcd573b82bbe8a327e.jpg

55b05c6d3842823c43174e8dd9260a73.jpg

Do you mind sharing how you will go about uploading all of your photos and videos? Is your order of process as follow...take photos & video through your smartphone >share on Tapatalk straight to Cruise Critic forum?

I'm thinking of doing something similar for our cruise next summer and trying to understand what would be the most efficient way so not to use up all my internet minutes. I'm thinking going back and forth between Photobucket and CC to post photos will chew right through our internet minutes. Your thoughts or any helpful hints are appreciated. :)

Yes the most efficient and easiest way is phone pictures/video sent via tapatalk (which hosts the pics/vids doing away with photobucket.)

What I do for say better quality pics and or underwater vids with my gopro is to use my ipad with the sd card adapter to transfer the pics to my ipad then upload via tapatalk from my ipad.

I find this easier and faster than hosting on a third party site through my laptop and then going to cruise critic via my browser.

While possible, tapatalk is fastest and only drawback I think is photo quality and video quality is probably a bit lower using my phone for most pics or vids compared to my better cameras.

Hope this helps and I will look for your report when you give it a whirl! Thanks again!