Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool Hours?

WaggesAZ

Cruising on Splendor and I am considering purchasing a spa pass. I have read a couple review that the hours weren't long enough. Can anyone give me any insight as to the hours of operation or direct me on how to find their hours? Thank you!

Cruising on Splendor and I am considering purchasing a spa pass. I have read a couple review that the hours weren't long enough. Can anyone give me any insight as to the hours of operation or direct me on how to find their hours? Thank you!

We just got off the Magic and had a spa balcony on deck 11. These hours were perfect for us and never felt limiting at all. Also the close proximity to the spa area was great we actually ended up going everyday at some time or another. It’s really nice when weather is bad at least you have a pool to relax in with no children. Not sure if we would have used it as much if we hadn’t been so close to the spa area. We have a cruise booked next year but will be near the aft of the ship so don’t think I would go as often with the distance so decided not to add the spa pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The morning hours are a bit limited for my taste. I think the thermal suite opened at 7 am on my Dream cruise last December, but it wasn't "warmed up" yet at that time - quite an unpleasant surprise to sit down on a cold tile lounger that early in the morning! I still enjoyed spending my mornings on the tiled loungers, waiting for the breakfast locations to open (cruise ships are NOT geared for early risers, clearly!), but I learned to put a towel or my robe between myself and the tile for the first 20 minutes or so.

Wonder how those hours compare to the hours folks can use the outdoor pools on board??

Well first, the Cloud 9 doesn't have a "pool" - it does however have a very large and much warmer "jacuzzi" style spa. If you're wondering about the "hot tubs" on the decks, they are open later (some as late as midnight); but they're shared with all age groups, whereas Cloud 9 is adults (over 16) only.

The actual "pools" on the ships are open later than Cloud 9, and those hours vary based on if they'll be doing maintenance or not.

Yes, I understand that Cloud 9 spa does not have swimming pools!!

Not sure why you thought I was confused about that??

I was not asking about hot tubs on deck.

I was asking about "pools" that were open for swimming and their opening hours .

Thanks for letting me know they are longer /later hours than the hours for the spa soaking pools.

We are also early birds but we don't need to soak before breakfast.

Yes, I understand that Cloud 9 spa does not have swimming pools!!

Not sure why you thought I was confused about that??

I was not asking about hot tubs on deck.

I was asking about "pools" that were open for swimming and their opening hours .

Thanks for letting me know they are longer /later hours than the hours for the spa soaking pools.

We are also early birds but we don't need to soak before breakfast.

Sorry. I saw the word "pool" and was just clarifying that Cloud 9 is a no "pool" area. :D

Get the spa pass, you'll love it.

The thalasso pool is wonderful, and I think the 8am-10pm hours are fair. We were not inconvenienced by those hours at all. One of the nights, we left the pool so we wouldn't be kicked out, and I didn't make it out of the locker room until well after 10. There were still passengers in there, so I think the staff might have the discretion to let people stay a bit longer if there is a reason for it. The thalasso pool was so nice for tired muscles after long, active days.

We are booked in our first spa balcony and those hours look fine to me.

Wonder how those hours compare to the hours folks can use the outdoor pools on board??

I found myself avoiding the outdoor pools in favor of the thalasso pool!

We put my mother-in-law in a balcony spa room on the Dream, and she loved it. Her room had such yummy-smelling products and cute little slippers. There is a lavender salt rub they gave her that was out of this world! I was going to buy one for myself but it seemed too expensive at the time.

Enjoy your spa room!

Thank you all very much for the feedback. I did buy it for my husband and I. We have 3 sea days and I hope when it feels really crowded, this will be a nice place to escape. I am looking forward to it, although I noticed someone said they wouldn't with an aft cabin. We are on deck 7 in an aft cabin (I love to sit and watch the wake!), so I hope we do make good use of our pass. I love a steam room and look forward to experiencing the Thalassotherapy pool.

I'm thinking of booking the T suite and Thalassotherapy pool on the Breeze, but I've never booked any spa activity on a cruise, can some please fill me in on what this package offers, thanks

If you search on Carnival for Cloud 9 I found a PDF with more information here is the link remove spaces:

www carnival dot com / onboard / cloud-9-spa

Here is their description

Set sail on a journey to ultimate relaxation with this sensory oasis. Inspired by traditional Turkish Baths, our Thermal Suite features heated chaise lounges as well as aromatic steam and sauna grottos - a perfect interlude to your day. Then, soak in our Thalassotherapy Pool, a therapeutic, natural-bubbling salt-water spring. This mineral-rich body of water has healing powers for de-stressing, pain relief, and to soothe dry skin. Together enjoy a 7-day Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool experience during your cruise with this couples pass.

Thank you all very much for the feedback. I did buy it for my husband and I. We have 3 sea days and I hope when it feels really crowded, this will be a nice place to escape. I am looking forward to it, although I noticed someone said they wouldn't with an aft cabin. We are on deck 7 in an aft cabin (I love to sit and watch the wake!), so I hope we do make good use of our pass. I love a steam room and look forward to experiencing the Thalassotherapy pool.

We usually always have a spa cabin but have a cruise coming up with a cabin in the aft and we have bought the spa pass. I am sure will make good use of the pass.

The Thermal Suites package is the best thing I've bought myself on a cruise. The first day is busy but later in the day is not.

I take a towel and do yoga in the oriental steam room. Folks don't stay in there too long if at all. The heated lounge chairs are usually full in the afternoon but after the sun goes down you will have the place to yourself.

Also they have water sprays in each room to cool you off a little

The heated lounge chairs are usually full in the afternoon but after the sun goes down you will have the place to yourself.

Agree. Our ritual starts at 4 pm, when most are starting to get ready for dinner/evening events. Rarely have we found the spa to be "busy" during this time.