International Cafe and Alfredo's on the Regal Princess

voljeep

First - International Café - we know that they serve coffee - pay - gelato - pay

and various desserts. salads, sandwiches. My question is does the 'menu' change

from breakfast to lunch and then to dinner/late night? and if so, is it basically the same every day - and we really enjoy IC for some quick bites...

Alfredo's - we enjoyed it on the Royal... does it have made to order pizza's, or only those on the menu? - I'm pretty, no really basic, but my wife enjoys all the toppings.

which brings me to my second question - can you do a 1/2 and 1/2 as that is plenty along with the other things and no sense in wasting food

I did not order pizza the two times I went to Alfredo's on Royal but I repeatedly heard the servers at other tables strongly encouraging each person to get their own pizza rather than share one. Seems that even if you asked for a half-and-half you would probably be brought a whole-and-whole.

The only thing that I noticed about the selection at the IC is that they really stocked up on embarkation day knowing how many people stop there rather than fight the HC. No smoked salmon sandwiches other than that first day. Obviously the breakfast breads and that egg sandwich are only in the mornings; most of the rest of the staples remained all day: if any item is designated lunch-only or supper-only I never noted its absence at the off times.

I did not order pizza the two times I went to Alfredo's on Royal but I repeatedly heard the servers at other tables strongly encouraging each person to get their own pizza rather than share one. Seems that even if you asked for a half-and-half you would probably be brought a whole-and-whole.

I wonder why they would push separate pies. My wife and I share one and it's the perfect amount. :confused:

First - International Café - we know that they serve coffee - pay - gelato - pay

from breakfast to lunch and then to dinner/late night? and if so, is it basically the same every day - and we really enjoy IC for some quick bites...

Alfredo's - we enjoyed it on the Royal... does it have made to order pizza's, or only those on the menu? - I'm pretty, no really basic, but my wife enjoys all the toppings.

which brings me to my second question - can you do a 1/2 and 1/2 as that is plenty along with the other things and no sense in wasting food

The I.C serves danish, doughnuts, and egg McMuffin type sandwich from around 6am to 11am. It then changes over to paninis, quiche, pot pies, salads, cookies and other desserts. Later in the evening some cheese, grapes are available. Around 11pm the salads and sandwiches disappear, but I'm told they may be available on request overnight. Each day the menu is basically the same with a few changes. There is a different soup each day.

Alfredo's. Of course you can request a half/half, but expect you will receive two pizzas. The pizzas are dinner plate size with thin crust, really not more in quantity than two slices by the pool. I think you can request toppings that are offered in their selections, for example, add anchovies or add pineapple. There isn't a list of toppings like you see at a local pizza place.

Alfredo's - If they have the ingredients they will fix what you want. (I always get a pepperoni pizza). 1/2 of a pizza is a very small amount. Why worry when a ton of food is wasted in the buffet. The IC is the same on all ships re selection. As a matter of fact, everything you mention is EXACTLY as it is on the Royal.

Is there a charge for food at the IC other than the coffee and gelato?

There are a couple of the desserts that incur a charge (chocolate covered strawberries and such) but otherwise, no charge for the food.

And, in response to a previous post, the menu changes ever so slightly ... maybe a salad or sandwich made with a variation on the ingredients or maybe a different kind of desert / cookie will be served. Also, the soup will change daily. There are some staples that you will find there that won't change and they will have them every day.

Is there a charge for food at the IC other than the coffee and gelato?

No charge for anything other than coffee and gelato. And the food is good enough to go back for another helping!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder why they would push separate pies. My wife and I share one and it's the perfect amount. :confused:

As a past pizza shop owner, maintaining different size dough pucks can get costly. Life of a dough puck is 24-48 hrs. Beyond that the yeast dies and dough goes flat. Easier just to make one size puck and stacks of them.

I'm confused (not difficult); are there two buffets on the Regal Princess?

There is one buffet area on the Regal Princess on deck 16. The area is broken into 3 sections, Horizon Ct., Horizon Bistro, and Pastry shop. Some of the same items are offered in both the Bistro and Ct., but then some are not. Different sections are open at different times of the day, with all sections open during peak hours of breakfast and lunch.

The International Cafe on deck 5 is not a buffet. It is a walk up counter with selections displayed in an enclosed glass case. You ask the server(s) for what you want. You then carry that to a table in the Piazza area. The espresso bar is adjacent to the I.C.