What's with all the Princess E-Mails RE: Caribbean Fare Specials Spring '18

need2cruisesoon

I don't want to go to the Carib. But darn it thats what happens when you have 20 ships vying for cruisers. Nuts.

Add some ships to the west coast, Cmon Princess.

I know I'm going to regret taking the bait. But here are the numbers:

East Coast:

Three ships sailing the Caribbean: Crown, Regal, Royal Princess

One ship alternating Caribbean and Panama Canal: Caribbean Princess.

BiCoastal:

One ship sailing Panama Canal all season: Coral Princess

One ship sailing Panama Canal interrupted by a two month Circle South America: Island Princess

One ship alternating Panama Canal and Caribbean: Caribbean Princess

One ship sailing South America season book-ended with Mexico/South Pacific: Emerald Princess

West Coast:

Three ships sailing Hawaii/Mexico all season: Grand, Star, Ruby Princess

One ship book-ending South America with Mexico/South Pacific: Emerald Princess

Final scores:

East Coast: 3 whole seasons plus 3 partial seasons

West Coast: 3 whole seasons plus 2 partial seasons

(one partial season each for Coral Princess full transits that touch both coasts on one cruise)

A stalemate if there ever was one.

Demand for cruising in the Caribbean is down, not just for Princess. This is because of major hurricanes that caused extensive damage on many of the islands in the Caribbean area.

Most ports are now open, but for some of them the amount of unrepaired damage limits the available activities.

As a result of both perceived damage and real existing damage, demand to cruise in that area is not very high. As a result, lowered prices to get the ships booked.

Those booking some of the itineraries need to be cruising just for the sake of being on a cruise, not for what they can do at destination ports.

Getting bombarded with special fares to the Caribbean this Spring.

Spam Filter.

If and when I'm interested, I take a look in my princess spam folder.

Right now, I see 22 emails from Princess in February. Who could be that interested?

14 so far in March.

I say keep the emails coming to me. We sailed last month on the Regal at a great price. I told DH that I'll sail without him this summer when he goes back to work part time after being retired for 20 months if I get another great rate. His contract is through August, so I'll be also looking for a September cruise for us.

Still don't understand why we get NONE even after signing up with Princess to get last minute offers. Someone suggested it's because I have two cruises currently booked but they are both European cruises this summer. How can they be so stupid as to not send to someone who is interested?? Think their marketing department doesn't know their target audience...

Still don't understand why we get NONE even after signing up with Princess to get last minute offers. Someone suggested it's because I have two cruises currently booked but they are both European cruises this summer. How can they be so stupid as to not send to someone who is interested?? Think their marketing department doesn't know their target audience...

We also have two cruises booked and do not receive these emails (offers). I have signed up for them numerous times. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have one cruise booked, and I'm not getting any of these emails either. Glad I'm not the only one. I have complained to Princess in the past, they assure me on the list, but time after time my cruise partner gets the emails and I don't. I check the spam folder regularly so that's not it either. Ah well.

We have 2 booked cruises and get emails every other day!

I never get ANY email offers from Princess and am definitely signed up for them! I do, however, receive MAIL offers - sadly, since I live in Canada, by the time the mail offer arrives it is already over or sold out!!!

I know I'm going to regret taking the bait. But here are the numbers:

East Coast:

Three ships sailing the Caribbean: Crown, Regal, Royal Princess

One ship alternating Caribbean and Panama Canal: Caribbean Princess.

A stalemate if there ever was one.

Please also include....RCL, NCL, HAL, and X total ships in the Carib.

Please also include....RCL, NCL, HAL, and X total ships in the Carib.

Well the point of your opening salvo appeared to be:

Add some ships to the west coast, Cmon Princess.

...so that is how I responded, solely in the context of the Princess fleet.

But if you actual argument (which went unelucidated until the above post) is that Princess is giving deals in the Caribbean due to the industry-wide glut there...shouldn't your request for more ships be directed not at Princess but at the competition: more ships on other lines sailing the West Coast is what you need for Princess to offer better deals there.

I know 99.9% of the threads you start are "just for fun" but a sprinkling of cogency in the points you obliquely bury in your thoughts would be a delightful addition.

We sail on Sunday - 2 days from now - on CB for a 14 day Circle Caribbean. As of yesterday there were still cabins available in all categories. One of the Window Suites actually opened up. (Whoever has the smaller one booked should jump on that and change cabins!). Many people simply aren't comfortable cruising the Caribbean at this time so it's no wonder they are offering special deals. If we lived on that side of the country we might well take advantage of some of the offers but we live in California and don't want to have to fly to Florida and all that entails.

We sail on Sunday - 2 days from now - on CB for a 14 day Circle Caribbean. As of yesterday there were still cabins available in all categories. One of the Window Suites actually opened up. (Whoever has the smaller one booked should jump on that and change cabins!). Many people simply aren't comfortable cruising the Caribbean at this time so it's no wonder they are offering special deals. If we lived on that side of the country we might well take advantage of some of the offers but we live in California and don't want to have to fly to Florida and all that entails.

Makes sense to me. It would be like us wanting to jump on some of the great west coast/Mexico deals I see on occasion but the airfare would make it a bad deal. I guess we'll continue to float around the Caribbean a bit longer. We do have a variety of choices which make it a bit more interesting...

Yes, we also have been bombarded with emails for Caribbean cruise deals from a few lines. Actually got the same email from Princess twice today for Caribbean deals. Seems like we get at least one daily from Princess, Carnival, and Celebrity, plus numerous others on a less frequent basis. It also seems that we have gotten on the email lists for online agencies that send almost daily emails.

If you want more notices, create a new email account (gmail or other...they're all free) and register it with Princess, or any other cruise line you choose.

I do think if you have a few booked less literature/bargains are sent to you and it certainly depends on your zip code as well.

Since my email is a contact for many family members that I have treated on cruises and they alwasy cruise with me, I get tons of emails and offers for them and none for me.

We didn't get emails for years, despite both signing up. I couldn't understand it. Then a few came through last year, and now every other day! We have two cruises booked, sailed 7 times. Maybe the more cruises done, the more you get spammed? We are in Canada too and the emails come through in US dollars so I usually forget and get excited until I sign in :rolleyes:

I have two cruises booked that aren't European and I'm getting the emails, so that might be it.

We have the same situation. For more than one year now we have not received any promotional emails from Princess. I have signed up for last minute deals more than once. Have called Princess multiple times and have changed our email address on 3 different occasions and still we have not received one email. It really surprises me that they have no way of checking to see why we are not getting the emails. If you sign up with a new email address instead of just changing the existing one you get email under a different captain's circle number so that doesn't fix the problem at all. And yes, I have checked all of my spam accounts and the proper princess address is in all of our mail address books. So since several people have mentioned they are not getting any emails it sounds like it is a Princess tech problem to us.

I haven't been getting any Princess emails lately. I did see one a few weeks ago offering increased OBC if I used one of my future cruise deposits.

Last year at this time I had five cruises in my personalizer - this year one. The cruises I am looking at went on sale during April and sometime during the summer with some deals on fall cruises 60 days out.

Seems that pricing is staying pretty steady - since I am watching about 50 cruises for that one time deal I hope one of my numbers hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums