What site tells me where ships sail from?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:55 PM.
Arizona
898 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
What site can I go to that will inform me what ships sails from which ports? Doese RCCL sail out of San Franciso ? My mother can only sail out of San Franciso , I want to surpise her with a crtuise next year. Thanks
Spotsylvania, VA USA
135 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
Not many. Here is SF port site.
http://www.sfport.com/site/port_page.asp?id=31687

Cruises from San Francisco head north to Alaska from May through September. In fall and spring, ships sail south to Mexico's Pacific Coast. This Northern California city also is the port of departure for small-ship cruises of the Napa and Sonoma wine country in autumn.
2,433 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
I find it incredibly sad how few cruiseships use the Port of San Francisco......in turn it makes them very expensive trips.
I live about 20 minutes from the port so I know !
We have taken the Alaska & Mexican Cruises from there in the past but that was years ago. Too expensive now.

Last year I picked up a Princess ship there for a leg of a repositioning cruise. The ship was coming from the Caribbean, through the Panama Canal, up to Vancouver where it would stay for the summer doing Alaska cruises. I love those types of cruises. You can pretty much get on & off anywhere along the trip. We got on in San Francisco & off in Vancouver.
I took my daughter. It was over the Mother's day weekend.
We had such a good time that I decided to make it an annual thing & immediately booked for this year as soon as we returned.
THEY WILL NOT STOP IN SAN FRANCISCO THIS YEAR :O(
We have to go down to Los Angeles to get on & 'wave' to S.F. as we pass it by.
This has got to be some sort of political thing. Cruiseships bring a lot of $ to ports they stop in.